Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Speaking of Condit, if anyone here listens to the Chapo Trap House Podcast, I would reccomend listening to episode 20 where they interview Jordan Breen from Sherdog and give a sort of Primer on the appeal to MMA and it's crazy characters. Their description of Condit is pretty funny as they paint him as this Bourgeoisie dude from a privileged background who managed to channel all his suburban, Upper class rage into fighting. It's a pretty good listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Nifft posted:

I bet Carlos Condit listened to a lot of RATM growing up.

Dangersim posted:

Well he's walked out to it in the past

If I remember correctly, he walked out to a Johnny Cash song the night his ACL tore in his fight against Tyron Woodley. RATM is a stable to suburban white boys, like using the n-word with your white friends.

Speaking of walkouts, has Frankie Edgar ever used another song aside from "Kick in the Door"?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Reminder that Roy Nelson walks out to "I'm fat" by Weird Al.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

GSP was always compared to Anderson as the GOAT of the time. He may have not finished that many guys as champion, but he was so good that it was amazing watching him dismantle dudes he always hyped up as "his most dangerous opponent".

If I remember correctly, didn't he also have panic attacks before fights, like crying and having this mentality that he was going to lose, only to go out there and beat fools who stood no chance?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Biafraid posted:

Werdum whooped his rear end but it still would've barely put a dent in the hypothetical JDS damage debt Cain owes

Yeah, Cain bounced back after that loss by murdering Travis Brown. JDS hasn't been the same since. Yeah, he's 2-1, but he could have lost that split against Stipe and was killed by Overeem.

• Locked thread