Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Dear new UFC fans, a man named John Lineker fights on Wednesday. He is rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Awesome job from BlueDeanie, as usual.

Just wanted to throw in, as a long-time Diego fan, that 2 of my most fave Nightmare fights are:

vs Karo Parisyan

vs Nick Diaz (Side note, Nick threw a shoe at Diego backstage)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Joanna Champion
Joanna Violence
Joanna Velociraptor

Joanna Image-macro

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Great work, Bluedeanie

I do just want to add that not only was Blatnick a great judge, he was also an early UFC commentator and commissioner and he helped develop the unified rules.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Watching his entire MMA career in chronological order blew my mind and is how I got hooked on the UFC. It's amazing to see him go from a showy fighter in some random Canadian league to him exerting his will on the division during the later stages of his career.

Sadly there doesn't exist any video of the most important moments in his career: all his childhood bullying and throwing that brick in the loving river

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

There aren't a ton of punches here, but try this - http://uproxx.com/sports/loudest-hits-mma/

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It also helps if they can't see your hands at all though

That's why Jon Jones is the greatest. More gouges for all!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Pedro Nobre, that dingus.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

College Rockout posted:

Ok literally buying the tickets right now, thanks!

if you had asked earlier in the week, i would have told you to get in touch with kensei, he's using my UFC Fight Club presale code.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Shivers/McSweeny from TUF 10 and Kimbo/Houston Alexander are great gas 'em outs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Memento posted:

I asked in the B-League thread but I guess it got lost in the Rizin discussion last night: in regards to that promotion, is there a reason they use a ring as opposed to a cage? Tradition, aesthetics, legal issues maybe? Just wanting to make themselves as PRIDE-y as possible?

I always assumed JMMA did rings as a nod to their pro wrestling roots more than anything

However, it should be noted that I'm pretty dang dumb

• Locked thread