Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I'd argue that Daniel Cormier did settle his score with Jon Jones. I think most fans are going to assume Bones was on drugs the whole time and was too much of a pussy to fight DC mano a mano.

Otherwise, great post and I will add that UFC has an online library called Fightpass that has a free week trial. I recommend new fans check out some classic fights, and come back here and tell me if they ever fixed their player to stop buffering more than goddamned RealPlayer.

e: Since I page sniped, I was going to post some recommended must watch fights, but the OP actually covers a bunch of them.
Some guys who are fun to watch who weren't on UFC 200: Robbie Lawler, Demetrious Johnson, Dominic Cruz, Demian Maia (if grappling is your thing)

Stealth Tiger fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Honestly keeping your hands low can have advantages. If you are staring at your target (the other guy's face) and he has his hands up covering his face, you are going to notice it the instant he cocks one of his fists to punch. If he has his hands down low in your peripheral vision, you won't notice the punch until a split second later. There's a good reason why noted smart man Dominic Cruz throws a lot of really wide arcing punches that look more like swings than traditional efficient punches. Watch Roy Jones Jr fights if you want to see the pinnacle of this.
(Of course, caveat that you need really good movement and freaky reflexes to pull this off a lot of times, and also the fact that we're talking about MMA, which really doesn't have one correct style that will beat every other style)

• Locked thread