Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

VagueRant posted:

I strongly feel that DC is a roider/doper too. I think if he was clean, he would've verbally HAMMERED Jones for this. But between his complete silence on the matter and his immediate desire to fight him anyway really had me wondering.

Dude still seems like a nice guy and I respect that he agreed to fight anyone and everyone, but yeah. Like Nate says.

so why hasn't he popped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Dangersim posted:

I don't think it's fair at all to put rumble and browne in the same category as Joe Son and War Machine.

why's that?

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Dangersim posted:

Because browne and rumble were accused of domestic violence but not convicted (iirc) while war machine drat near beat that chick to death and Joe Son is a literal rapist and murderer.

Also rumble got a lot of poo poo for that incident with the yoga mat but having lived in boca where that took place there's an excellent chance that lady deserved to be told off.

I think it's all pretty bad, but you're guilty until proven innocent so yeah

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Yeah

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

kimbo305 posted:

That's cool you had coffee with the whole company.

who do you have coffee with motherf***er?

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
I remember one scene in GSPs TUF against Koschek where Kos parked his car too close to the driver side of GSP's so it would be difficult for GSP to get in and drive off for lunch. poo poo really hits home

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
is GSP being gay the funny response because he seems very not-gay, like a man who does not gently caress other men?

but hyeah this should go somewhere like irc where u gyus can argue in real time

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Dangersim posted:

Hes never really had a girl friend (publically at least) and rumors of him being gay have floated around for a really long time, its not like willie dee started it.

ah,ok. still this argument is probably turning people off from MMA being cool

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Who was Viktor "TAEDOWN MAYSHEE" Pesta's cornerman during that fight?

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

afatwhiteloaf posted:

the reason behind every time you see dudes in MMA with their hands down getting punched is because of the threat of takedowns.

I don't think that's the reason every time

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Marching Powder posted:

All I'm saying is that actual physically being able to see the gloves at their resting position is not the boon it was made out to be and uses of feints and other types of movement if you were just looking for any movement of the glove itself would be literally worthless.

that's not true. feints and footwork and movement are worth much more than convincing a guy to drop his impervious double forearm guard. like it's a huge oversimplification to say that is like the ultimate defense like being the homunculus from full metal alchemist

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Marching Powder posted:

Hahahahahahaha

I don't know what the gently caress you think I'm talking about but I'm going to say if I ever had a point it's been lost in my complete inability to articulate the argument. Apologies to all.

I get what you're saying, you're just not right? it's late, fatherdog can probably articulate this better

e: yeah hiding your gloves outside of the periphery by not holding them at eye level is a very useful technique which real people do all the time and is responsible for probably a whole lot of good knockouts from fists you don't see coming

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Marching Powder posted:

I am not arguing that. At all. I'm saying the punch you don't see coming can come from eye level, and does all the time, if properly disguised by feints and other subtle movements of the body. 'seeing' the gloves means gently caress all, see also, goal keepers in soccer penalties. The ball is right there! Just follow it! *dives in complete opposite direction*

aaaah, okay. so it's sort of either one works. sorry about that

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
yeah I found the first 2 fights to be incredibly doap, and the narrative is doing a really swell job of humanizing all the fighters with backstories and poo poo instead of trying to make them all seem like awesome hypermasculine badasses who have like 1 distinguishing characteristic each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

MysteryNad posted:

Tito wasn't on great terms with the UFC but I think he left on his own terms after the Machida fight. Only problem was his UFC contract forbade him from fighting in another promotion for a year and he was planning on going to EliteXC or Affliction I don't remember which but it didn't matter cause they both died during that time. He eventually gave in and begged Dana for his job back which led to him losing to Forrest and giving the famous "cracked skull" excuse.

Lmao I did not know about his cracked skull!

• Locked thread