Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I haven't read the whole op but why do opeople hate Travis browne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lmao Teila Tuli versus that skinny guy

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

homercles posted:

On the subject of judging/refereeing, Big John McCarthy did a great podcast with Joey Diaz where he covered a bunch of topics you'd expect a referee to cover. The podcast was 3 months ago but was recently uploaded to youtube, so:

When to stop a fight: 8m24s
Explains how Jackson/Winkeljohn influence judge scoring in a fight: 35m35s
Process for becoming a judge: 52m18s
Stopping a fight without assigning blame on a judge: 1h13m44s (him doing it I guess: Tank Abbott vs Cabbage, 4m22s)

Lots of other gold in this podcast.

Very cool, ty

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Do the gyms get payed a percentage if the fighter they're training wins? I'm not sure how that works.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What are the good GSP fights? I'm reading about him and he seems cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

all 3 hughes fights
Both serra fights
Both bj penn fights
Vs. Jon fitch
Vs. Carlos Condit

Those are the best imo

Note that a lot of gsp fights are absolute blowouts. Still love watching them though because you get to see a real master at work.

Cool ty. Why was he so successful?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the gsp fitness app

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

hes cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93xu7vnXhdk

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What does it mean to check a kick?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Do any good MMA rankings exist? Right now I only use the UFC ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Would the UFC ever get rid of doing the weigh-in shows? They seem silly and antiquated, from the stepping on the fake scale in your Nikes and big cowboy hat to doing a pin-up fighting pose with Dana White in the middle afterwards.

• Locked thread