Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

BlindSite posted:

He also defeated wanderlei silva and vitor belfort when they were murdering dudes.

Those fights were terrible performances. He lay n prayed Wandy then full on sprinted away the one time he wasn't in top position. And he lost the third round to vitor. he lost a third round TO VITOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

BlindSite posted:

Lay n pray is what hendricks did at the end of the lawler fight. Tito sold out for takedowns but he was actually active passing and striking.

no he wasnt

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Remember how many years Joe Rogan would say Tito Ortiz is ONe of the few guys who can do a lot of damage from inside someone's guard? that always lacked evidence

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

I'm still having issues not conflating "bjj" and the Klingon word for pain, "bij." Does this ever come up in these threads and if so, how often? (This is an honest question. I'm not trying to make my own joke with it)
10 years. never seen it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
koschecks shot was amazing.

koscheck was exactly the kind of wrestler that made mma insanely boring by being so good at winning via takedowns.

someone should make a highlight vid of koscheck taking guys down because there was some smooth, beautiful stuff there

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Street Horrrsing posted:

There's an amazing nate quarry quote where he's telling this reporter how he's always learning and improving, and in fact he just learned you can throw out jabs with no intention of connecting with them as a distraction of sorts. Anyways nate was ten years into the fight game by then and those were the kind of guys gsp was facing in his prime.

no they werent, quarry was a dummy. The guys GSP faced in his prime were BJ, Hughes, Koscheck, Serra,, Thiago Alves, Jon Fitch. Not dummies who don't know you can feint, which i learned in kids karate class. Of those Hughes and Koscheck didn't know anything about striking, but the others were no joke. NAte Quarry is a legendary retard and has nothing to do with GSP

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Street Horrrsing posted:

I consider his loss to serra to be a turning point in his career and didn't look before then.

He was an absolute beast, dominating all levels of competition, except for a basic mistake against Hughes. He obliterated Sherk on the feet. Mushed Karo.

Also GSP whooped an olympic wrestler in 2001 adcc. Hes different.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

Yeah I've never understood the assertion 'he's not the same!' *beats the current literal world champion* *loses against the next title challenger who has always had the capacity to kill anyone* *gently caress up rothwell*

I thought he looked flat, but it turns out Stipe is really good, so that was probably it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

I think it sucks that the fighters are losing money but I think the look of the uniform is much better.

Itd be really bad if instead of his iceman trunks , Chuck had to wear a uniform. Also overeems shorts were cool, so too were wanderleis speedos

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Erick Silva jumps to mind, might not make the % requirements

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
yvel v don frye is probably the first fight id show someone

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Mr. Nice! posted:

God drat yvel is the dirtiest motherfucker. Eye gouging, rope grabbing, shoving the ref, and I'm not even halfway through.

he keeps up the eye gouging. its nasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Still not as good as the time Bob Schrijber axe kicked a grounded opponent after the bell while holding the ropes. Fatherdog said "the only way that could have been more illegal is if he'd used a steel chair"

incidentally Dirty Bob v Yvel is a rivalry across 2 sports that produced like 4 great fights and one really pathetic one

• Locked thread