Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Eat Bum Zen posted:

who do you have coffee with motherf***er?

Top ten roasters, top ten baristas, top ten coffee farmers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Forceholy posted:

Speaking of walkouts, has Frankie Edgar ever used another song aside from "Kick in the Door"?

Before Conor changed his music from hypnotize to that horrible El Chapo song I was wondering who between him and Frankie was going to not come out to biggie in the match that should have happened.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah.

It's a bummer Conor went with that wierd El Chapo track for 196, because Biggie vs Tupac would have been incredibly fitting for that event.

Conor's El Chapo phase may have been the height of his craziness.

I'm not sure anyone told him El Chapo headed an organization that is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people and not merely just a very rich dude.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Killing insane amounts of people is gangster as gently caress.

Probably close to Conor's literal thought process when deciding to dress up as and compare himself to one of the worst people on Earth.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Dressing well and comparing it to the dress of El Chapo sure is despicable. ..

Until I sort this envision in your IMAGINATION Frankie Edgar staring down an opponent white the American and Bahrain flag hang behind him on the cage.

You gotta use img tags my dude.

And yeah, Frankie is pretty bad/stupid for going all in on the Bahrain stuff, I agree with you.

That doesn't mean that Conor's El Chapo stuff was any less ignorant.

https://twitter.com/thenotoriousmma/status/689998711502589952

I know actually caring about things is a cardinal sin among goons, but I'm Mexican American and I just found the whole thing really ignorant and distasteful. It's not like he dressed up as Scarface or some fictional character. He dressed up as a guy whose organization is responsible for the deaths of literally thousands of innocent people and has destroyed lives and destabilized areas of Mexico to an extreme degree.

If there were a living, Irish equivalent to El Chapo I don't think you would have seen Conor up there proudly declaring himself the Irish mass murdering gangster drug lord of the UFC.

Anyway, sorry for the derail guys.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

southpaugh posted:

Eh, all the living Irish equivalents of El Chapo are in parliament these days. Speaking as a mick though Mexico is an obscure subject in the national press so its no surprise he'd latch onto something dumb via social media. Though, rating UFC guys on social/politic awareness is probably pointless.

For sure, I'm still going to watch his fights and enjoy them cause he's a great fighter/entertainer. I just thought this one thing was aggressively stupid.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Speaking of UFC 200, it's up on Fightpass now for anyone with a subscription watch.

Rewatching the Nunes Tate fight, I had picked Amanda to win but she just destroys Tate from the moment they come up from the ground and she throws that knee at Tate, which I don't believe landed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

i really wish more videos were still available but the kyle noke liver kick remains one of the most haunting things i have ever heard.

I got you fam

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/665713215611867136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Locked thread