Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aug 4, 2010

SHES SO BRAVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It's a well composed photo but when you have to decide to step out into the street and approach a stationary police line to be calmly arrested while the people protesting with you stand to the side and aren't arrested than you aren't really standing your ground against a force bearing down on you. It's actually kind of counterproductive because it depicts a very moderate reaction by the police, in a situation where they weren't aggressing or approaching.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Moon Atari posted:

It's a well composed photo but when you have to decide to step out into the street and approach a stationary police line to be calmly arrested while the people protesting with you stand to the side and aren't arrested than you aren't really standing your ground against a force bearing down on you. It's actually kind of counterproductive because it depicts a very moderate reaction by the police, in a situation where they weren't aggressing or approaching.

yeah but they're microaggressing, which is just as bad

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

the cops look like they're being blown back by her pacifism

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Naerasa posted:

According to the CDC's most recent statistics, non-hispanic blacks and non-hispanic whites have an equal likelihood of dying due to heart disease. In contrast, non-hispanic blacks are 2.5x as likely to be killed by police as non-hispanic whites. While heart disease affects a far greater number of US Citizens, it's not disproportionately distributed throughout races. Death by cop, however, is. Just because cop-killings don't have the raw numbers that heart disease does doesn't mean it's not a problem that needs to be addressed. Human welfare is not a zero-sum game; we can work on heart disease AND police brutality at the same time.

Oh and also McDonalds is actually not racist because their only criminal (the hamburgular) is white. Just something to think about.

Shut up.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Did china actually change after the tianemen protest

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Uncle Wemus posted:

Yeah I think Nixon went there or something??

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

The tank man's life changed to be sure (it ended)

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Horniest Manticore posted:

it's the new tiananmen square yall

except with some hashtag activist instead of a student facing down a tank yall

The cops are very aerodynamic and seem on the edge of breakdancing.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

It's cool that they got the fat guy specially made fat guy body armor to wear, so he wouldn't feel left out.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Everything about the picture screams "rehearsed" to me. I doubt the Tianemen square dude planned his pose and facial expressions to ensure he gets the coolest looking pic from the conveniently placed photographer, he was actually trying to do something. Standing in front of cops is just going to make them drag you away and maybe arrest you, standing in front of tank is making them choose to run you over or stop. It's a meaningless gesture.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

is this the new crackdown game ya

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Minimalist Program posted:

It's cool that they got the fat guy specially made fat guy body armor to wear, so he wouldn't feel left out.
he would be a miniboss in the middle of the level with slightly more HP than the skinny guys in armor

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
She wore her prettiest clothes to get arrested and had her friend take her picture for social media and she probably spent a long time planning the event + getting ready for it in the mirror and then they send the fattest, gayest sweatcop who looks like an armored ham to arrest her and ruin her picture ha ha ha ha ha.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

AugmentedVision posted:

he would be a miniboss in the middle of the level with slightly more HP than the skinny guys in armor

*in black lives matter voice as I'm gayly arrested in my sexiest dress*: the real dark souls starts here.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

She wore her prettiest clothes to get arrested and had her friend take her picture for social media and she probably spent a long time planning the event + getting ready for it in the mirror and then they send the fattest, gayest sweatcop who looks like an armored ham to arrest her and ruin her picture ha ha ha ha ha.

I believe the photographer was from Reuters news

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I believe the photographer was from Reuters news

A photographer from Reuters news can be friends with a black woman too.... Hector.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

A photographer from Reuters news can be friends with a black woman too.... Hector.

Hmmm

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Got a last name too but I can't pronounce it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its a striking and well-composed pic but the dude's got way better photos

i think this probably sums things up a bit better than that one right now

(same photographer)

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It's very artificial because, as stated by her friends, she chose to walk up to them to be arrested in order to make a stand. The police were blocking the road to their back and peacekeeping the protest in that area, not advancing on them. It's like she got bored of them not being aggressive enough. An argument could be made that the full riot armour looks bad, but probably not a few days after police were assassinated while not wearing armour because they didn't want to project force.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jonny 290 posted:

its a striking and well-composed pic but the dude's got way better photos

i think this probably sums things up a bit better than that one right now

(same photographer)

The alternate ending to Half Baked looks really depressing.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Cowman posted:

the cops look like they're being blown back by her pacifism

people keep saying that and i keep seeing a woman about to be arrested by police who ran towards her

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Gbs is an alt right hellhole

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

AugmentedVision posted:

Gbs is an alt right hellhole

What does that mean?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What does that mean?

i would totally restrain that woman from leaving in the morning :shrug:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
did you know Rosa Parks was an activist who carefully planned her bus protest and was ready to be arrested and was not actually just some old lady who had finally had enough?

it's true

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i think it's a new meame

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Moridin920 posted:

did you know Rosa Parks was an activist who carefully planned her bus protest and was ready to be arrested and was not actually just some old lady who had finally had enough?

it's true

Ah ha, hush that fuss.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

*in black lives matter voice as I'm gayly arrested in my sexiest dress*: the real dark souls starts here.

dark souls matter

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

people playing that pokemon game are so oblivious lkmao

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

social vegan posted:

i think it's a new meame

Memes are very funny

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What does that mean?

Idk it's something that D&d posters say in qcs

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Moridin920 posted:

it's true

yeah but she had a better point

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Black Americans forgot how their grandfathers fought against The Man. It wasn't memes and hashtags.
But that happened to people here too. People forget poo poo really fast.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

This is more like if rosa parks planned her protest only to find she picked a bus where people were okay with her sitting in the front so she decided to just ask them to arrest her instead . Don't get me wrong, I support blm's cause fully, but this is a poor example because the police were actually behaving appropriately.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

it's true

she had the decency to exist before hashtags

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Memes are very funny

finally something me and my friend hector can agree on handshake digital handshake here mods please cput the handshake in here

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

I wonder if dwayne "the rock" johnson is familiar with the term "borg", as in the star trek version. if not, lol

he fought one when he guest starred on star trek, so maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

lmbo

• Locked thread