Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

social vegan posted:

finally something me and my friend hector can agree on handshake digital handshake here mods please cput the handshake in here

It was long coming but I knew this day and moment was happen eventually :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

Don't get me wrong, I support blm's cause fully, but this is a poor example because the police were actually behaving appropriately.

Maybe but it is funny at the amount of people going 'pff this was STAGED' like yeah so what?

yogizh posted:

Black Americans forgot how their grandfathers fought against The Man. It wasn't memes and hashtags.
But that happened to people here too. People forget poo poo really fast.

I think most black people do know that better than the average white person and it's why there is still so much anger and mistrust of the government in their communities.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Noooorodin

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the greater point that is wooshing over your heads is not that the police were behaving inappropriately but more that they look like stormtroopers occupying a foreign land.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Can't stay woke
(woke me up inside)
Can't get woke
(woke me up inside)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean poo poo they don't even have POLICE on any of those uniforms they might as well be Blackwater mercs coming to murder you

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
forums eating posts again

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Moridin920 posted:

I think the greater point that is wooshing over your heads is not that the police were behaving inappropriately but more that they look like stormtroopers occupying a foreign land.

the last time they didn't look like stormtroopers occupying a foreign land during a protest, a dude with a gun killed a half dozen of them

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

I think the greater point that is wooshing over your heads is not that the police were behaving inappropriately but more that they look like starship troopers occupying a bug planet.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Maybe but it is funny at the amount of people going 'pff this was STAGED' like yeah so what?

I think most black people do know that better than the average white person and it's why there is still so much anger and mistrust of the government in their communities.

hey can you not, some of us are trying to cum

nnnguuuhhhhh hashtag slacktivist millenniaaalllssssssssunnnnnnnhhg

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

the last time they didn't look like stormtroopers occupying a foreign land during a protest, a dude with a gun killed a half dozen of them

They can't at least put POLICE on the front of that armor?

Or act like members of the community themselves as opposed to what they are doing there?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

the trump tutelage posted:

people keep saying that and i keep seeing a woman about to be arrested by police who ran towards her

well yea, I just meant that it looks like the cops are leaning back

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Why are these police officers wearing heavier armor in the wake of an event where police officers not wearing armor were caught unaware and easily merc'd?? What are they, SCARED??" - a stupid idiot (Moridin920)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

"Why are these police officers wearing heavier armor in the wake of an event where police officers not wearing armor were caught unaware and easily merc'd?? What are they, SCARED??" - a stupid idiot (Moridin920)

yeah that's def what I'm saying, idiot

this place really has become an alt-right shithole. you people can't even engage in an argument for more than 1 back and forth without twisting the opposition's words to some entirely different thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Moridin920 posted:

They can't at least put POLICE on the front of that armor?

Or act like members of the community themselves as opposed to what they are doing there?

I think you can kind of tell they are police officers by looking at them with your eyeballs

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
they should have used a net gun to arrest her instead

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

I think you can kind of tell they are police officers by looking at them with your eyeballs

uh but that's my loving point moron no you can't tell they are police they look like goddamn soldiers in all black with 0 markings on anything

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like if I saw that poo poo marching down my road right after a major tragedy my first thought would not be 'oh I'm glad the cops are here to keep the peace,' I'm thinking 'gently caress wtf is going down, better not go outside looks like martial law.'

HASSAN CHOP!
Jul 5, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

if you're a simpleton

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Maybe they didn't have time to have it painted because they needed it really soon.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Moridin920 posted:

yeah that's def what I'm saying, idiot

this place really has become an alt-right shithole. you people can't even engage in an argument for more than 1 back and forth without twisting the opposition's words to some entirely different thing.

Moridin920 posted:

like if I saw that poo poo marching down my road right after a major tragedy my first thought would not be 'oh I'm glad the cops are here to keep the peace,' I'm thinking 'gently caress wtf is going down, better not go outside looks like martial law.'

Again, they have a reason to be dressed and acting like they are and while it's not the fault of the people protesting (it's the fault of the guy that fuckin sniped the other police officers), acting like something that serious is an isolated incident without knowing whether it is or not would be a real dumb thing to do

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Moridin920 posted:

uh but that's my loving point moron no you can't tell they are police they look like goddamn soldiers in all black with 0 markings on anything

I'm sure they didn't arrive in a bigass vehicle with the word police plastered all over it or anything.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

whoa haha that's crazy dude imagine living during ww2 drat like i cant even my mind is blown

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

is she neo? why the cops be leaning back like that? i'm confused and a little scared.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

psychokitty posted:

is she neo? why the cops be leaning back like that? i'm confused and a little scared.

The cops are using their rocket boots to put some distance between them and the wild thug.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Can't stay woke
(woke me up inside)
Can't get woke
(woke me up inside)

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

They literally only armoured up in the immediate wake of being sniped while trying not to wear armour on account of your exact argument. Police presence is necessary at protests, for the protesters sake as much as anyone else. It does suck that police are so heavily militarised and that the design of their armour is so intimidating, but I also don't think painting that poo poo soothing mental ward baby blue is top priority in fixing things.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'm going to order some generic tacticool gear and try to sneak into the police line, but with my penis hanging out. So be watching for that.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

they should have used a net gun to arrest her instead

Yes the return of the net gun, brilliant!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

forums eating posts again

Not enough

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Moridin kind of has a point though, if you can't read, don't listen to the radio, don't watch TV, don't look at newspaper pictures, never leave your parent's basement or talk to other humans, I can totally see how you'd not realize the people in police riot gear, holding a line in a standard riot police formation and driving cars with "police" written on them could actually be police officers, and that's got to change

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"Hi, so since we're both probably getting off at the same time maybe you want to go somewhere and maybe get a drink-"

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hey are we allowed to use water cannons to own people in america? There should be a thread just all about water cannons loving owning people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTHuBkQeGM

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
My favorite BLM protester was the one who killed 5 cops in Dallas

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I can't get over how terrible that armor is.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Human Crouton posted:

I can't get over how terrible that armor is.

Nah they look mighty

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-4uXkbDhis&t=193s

real protestors

nms if ur a pussy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whatevs you people are right, it's totally good and normal for police to look like that yup

nevermind that every other civilized country in the world is laughing hysterically at us and our police are terrifying the poo poo out of areas and populations that need some community outreach/policing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

She's lucky all those men didn't open fire on her

• Locked thread