Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I had no idea European football started tomorrow. Thanks for making a thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I can't believe it: :siren::siren:Wilmots is gone!:siren::siren:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

This is Rostov's first match in the Champions League this season!

Isn't it everyone's first match in the CL this year?

Also looking forward to thursday. Wondering how the new signings will play. Hopefully better than in the friendly pre-season game against Panathinakois because that was poo poo.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

Believe it or not there's been two qualifier rounds in the CL already. Celtic almost lost one of them!

Oh, I had no idea. That's an early start of the season!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

For those who want to scout Anderlecht before the real season starts: Belgians can watch on Proximus 11, poor Belgians and foreigners can join me here http://ifirstrow.eu/watch/451689/1/watch-fk-rostov-vs-rsc-anderlecht-fc.html

Sure, who doesn't like a good comedy

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

Anderlecht in conceding goal on set piece 'shocker'

belgend posted:

Anderlecht in conceding goal on set piece 'shocker'

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Aw, Raman is going to Standard. This makes me sad because I really like the little rascal. Supposedly he's being sold for 7-800k. Stupid, because in January Standard wanted to pay 1,5 million and we said no.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Uhm, I'm in the ghelamco arena and they are serving non-alcoholic beer. Mods??

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well, that was an enjoyable evening. Our biggest European victory ever.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

Topics to discuss:
- Who will be the first trainer death?
- Are Standard seriously considering getting Wilmots to replace Ferrera should he go?
- How did your club do this week?

It'll probably be Ferrera. He has been under fire for months now and the football hasn't improved much. I will die of laughter if he's replaced by Wilmots though.

And my club got 1 point against the mighty Kortrijk. They played good at times, but the goal they conceded was pretty dumb. We need some extra defenders asap. And again, we had difficulties going forward and scoring. So many side- and backpasses. It's like no-one wants to take risks. We did score from a corner, that's positive. Let's hope it's not the only goal we score on setpieces this season!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

In other news, Fat Spanish Waiter is your new Belgium national team coach

:toot::toot:I guess?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

On my phone screen that smiley looked a lot more confused.
Anyway, it's a weird signing. Especially since they just announced: "There were more than 40 serious applications!" and then they picked Martinez?
I also got a newsflash that Mancini was the new coach, but it got quickly corrected. Too bad.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

Wow look at that Gent aren't complete poo poo.

Tell me something I don't know :smuggo:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Re: topic of the week. I believe Gent will go unbeaten this season.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ferrera is going home first, no doubt about it. Apparently there was already a new coach in the stands this weekend, and his agent is a close friend of Van Buyten. So it's probably a matter of days.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
That's real cool and good! Go Belgian teams!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Thierry Henry will become the assistant coach of the national team. Pretty crazy.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Last minute goal galore, ahoy!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

Nice, real nice, we got through the silly season without losing the core of the title team.

Yeah, they've been performing great so far :downs:

EDIT: We bought like 18 new midfielders and some new defenders and I wonder who will play and how great our transfers will turn out this season. My prediction: not that great.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
:siren::siren:FIRST TRAINER DEATH IS HERE:siren::siren:

Surprise surprise, it's Yannick Ferrera. Standard is such a joke of a club. So much things going on behind the scenes.

EDIT: Jankovic (coach of Mechelen (not anymore :downsgun:) ) will replace him.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Sep 6, 2016

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm glad the stupid international break is over!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Nice of Brugge to let Waasland Beveren win their first game of the season.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

How many trophies have you won this season?? Looks like one less than FCB :smuggo:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
We lost a game :qq:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

A last minute goal in our favour. My god.

Same.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It's pretty obvious that Waasland-Beveren only fired Henkinet because they have an abundance of keepers at the moment. I'm sure that if Köteles didn't join them, Henkinet would only be suspended and ordered to pay a fine by the club or w/e.
But I'm curious what will happen to Deschacht. His defense is pretty stupid (why wouldn't his brother open his own betting account??) and betting on a loss for Anderlecht... Yeah, that might be the end of his career. Even though I think there's no-one in the world that bet on an Anderlecht win against PSG :)

Also: lol Brugge

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

lol anderslecht

This. But also lol at the general level of our competition so far. It's like nobody really cares and the level of play seems much lower than last year. Like Gent, most players forgot how to play football after the summer break because reasons??

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
oh yeah, I already forgot they spent 10 million euro on Stanciu :D

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, goals galore in the EPL for the Belgian teams yesterday. Some probably enjoyed it more than others though :)
And drat, Rinne, Gent's keeper, is really costing us points. Don't know what's up with him but he seems to be unable to catch a ball.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
lmao Brugge. What a way to go out

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
And looks like Gent just paid 3 million euro for Lovre Kalinic, a Croatian keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
*coughs, clears troath* ahem *deep breath* lol Brugge

• Locked thread