Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win SFV
This poll is closed.
Infiltration 31 26.96%
Xian 1 0.87%
Tokido 12 10.43%
Harry "Virtua Fighter" Potter 5 4.35%
Diego 6 5.22%
JWong 6 5.22%
Sonicfox 10 8.70%
Lepper Marn 10 8.70%
When's Pokken 34 29.57%
Total: 115 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
There's probably some ways they can rejigger it to be less dumb but in Evo's defense seeding loving five thousand people in a tournament is an insane herculean task.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Nodoze posted:

Who else is gonna be a degenerate and bet with me?

http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4/WebConsoleApp.asp?&cb=105802128853

e: Guess I can't link directly but go to E-Sports on the side and then EVO SFV

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Sneak in game cubes that scratch and destroy disks to sabotage the scene imo.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man they're really embracing the anime titty

https://twitter.com/VasedCoopa/status/754021097759137793

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Of the 13 people that pre-regged for Blade Arcus, two (or more, I didn't catch all of it) are from my small Canadian college town. It's like we've got a small handful of people that love playing weird anime games with each other and I'm pretty sure that's more than most cities in NA.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
And xrd opens with an american getting bodied, starting tonights theme.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Double perfected, looooool

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Is there any place to see the brackets updated as people play? I know some pools already happened and I"m curious about results.

I found http://evo2016.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ as an official source but it's not getting updated.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dias posted:

oh my god zhii is being zhii

Also nah, brackets are slow at EVO always.

All I wanted to know was if FAB made it out of pools. Since then someone in stream said he did though so that's cooooool.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

NecroMonster posted:

REV pools, not 100% up to date but pretty good. https://docs.google.com/document/d/19IgN7siAkY20souGqv6Iirp-TqGGPUxL_8t0mm03lPI/preview

bear is out of pools in losers, yey bears.

Happy to see Beautifuldude and Mynus are in winners. Hotashi is too. The USA is doing ok so far. But it's not really on till pools are done.

Thanks yo.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Shimonkin made it out of pools on the winners side, my Axl idol :allears: .

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah Rion was just...perfect at that. That was goodass Ky play.

e: These matches already happened I think but I'm creeping the quarter final pools and laughed looking at this one.

Shoutout to Ireland.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 16, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ooof, Shimonkin got a bit too wild in that last match. USA USA USA.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Top Garen looks like a loving gangster and is just murdering people, this is great.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Yeah that's Gono/Greg, he lives in my town and plays at locals out here. Also I used to stay up late and play weird half life mods a decade ago with Mowtendoo when I was a lonely teenager with no friends???? Life is weird.

I was told about the keyboard that "it started as a joke, and then it wasn't a joke anymore".

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 16, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Saoshyant posted:

Xrd
Winners bracket
Rion (Ky) vs. GGP|Kazunoko (Raven)
Machaboo (Sin) vs. Nakamura (Millia)

Losers bracket
Ogawa (Zato-1) vs. PG|MarlinPie (Zato-1)
Omito (Johnny) vs. TopGaren (Zato-1)

People are probably busy talking about MK and Marvel but I got excited looking at this so here's a few of my thoughts from what I saw from the top 32.

Rion has looked fantastic to me, he's just playing ultra clean. Nothing crazy, just always on point, but not in a boring way. He's just running pitch perfect.

Ogawa vs. MarlinPie is battle of the best Zato in Japan versus the best Zato in the US. Whoever wins that gets major bragging rights.

I like TopGaren because he looks like a hard motherfucker with hand tattoos. Plays pretty loose. Him sniping off i-No was a slick move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjc38PBdqA&t=5212s

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Fuuuuck that low profile, Rion is so good.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
MOTHERFUCKIN RIONNNNNNNNNNN

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah they don't have crowd mic's on when they have Steve's mic on, this is baaaaad for the hype man. Then he stops talking and we start hearing USA USA USA.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
RIP USA

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
cheering for my kkangpae top garen here

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man those Johnny corner setups are brutal. American's haven't gotten the hang of em yet I think, but daaaaamn.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
That juke..... brave man.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
gently caress machaboo is making this look easy.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
ogawa = free

That was pretty goddamn impressive from Nakamura there, ruthless rushdown mixups.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I mean finals were at midnight on a Sunday, even if you're a "WHERE'S MY FOOTBALL" guy it's pretty much guaranteed better than darts or bowling or poker or whatever they would normally show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

AndyElusive posted:

I think the take away here is that Mauro Ranallo is loving awesome.

He's a notoriously terrible MMA commentator, but I mean he's good at yelling poo poo.

Career highlight: having a seizure and forgetting how to talk because he's so excited Dan Henderson just knocked a dude out, which I can't quite find right now but exists on the internet somewhere.

• Locked thread