Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
Whats the point in having walls when you can hear everything, its pretty stupid. People pay money for this??

Every staccato of a fart ,every damp thrust into a vag being diddled
a radio on

Unless of course you live in your parents basement or some lovely redneck house in the middle of nowhere....might as well literally live in glass houses my friens, in the harsh world that is the city ??

Anybody hear anything good right now? im gonna go eat a swiss and chorizo sandwich over the sink to further ferment my inner chaos whereupon i will fart loudly out of hate in my sleep. Then maybe have a frantic wake wank as my neighbor listens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I live on the first floor behind an Italian restaurant, so I just hear cooks speak Spanish all day.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Only children at the pool.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
thanks OP i just put my ear to the wall because of your stupid thread and i heard someone get murdered and now im in the witness protection program. gently caress you op

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i used to live on the third floor of my building and made sure i had sex in my living room so my downstairs neighbor knew i was crushing puss

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
hi drunk & ugly i own a home now and the only thing i hear is the raccoons chittering in the walls.

how are you? i hope you're good

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

no

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah but it goes both ways

months ago i posted a thread about how i was sure my downstairs neighbors could hear my rampant morning flatulence since i could hear their soft idle bedroom conversation

win-win

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
*farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I doubt you can hear EVERYHING, OP.
For example, I doubt you can hear bonobos chittering in the trees in a south american jungle or a chinese couple fighting about a dumpling recipe half way around the world.
Seems a BIT excessive imo.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
for real tho anyone know how to get rid of raccoons in the wall? i think they sneaking out at night and stealing my money

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I do live in a lovely building but it's surprisingly quiet.

Although there used to be kids on my hall who would ride power wheels up and down the hallway while crying.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

A misanthrope posted:

for real tho anyone know how to get rid of raccoons in the wall? i think they sneaking out at night and stealing my money

raccoon in the wall eh? now youre talking my language

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
no I don't rent a place

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I now live in a nice detached brick house, but I have lived in some shitholes in the past. Well the apartments themselves were nice, but the internal walls were so thin I reckon that if I took a run up I could go straight through 3 flats in a row, Juggernaut style.

All I can hear right now is the wind outside, the fan on my pc, and my dog snoring. Sorry for your pain OP

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
I just tried to let out a silent one and it came out as some sort of grotesque embarrassment of a trumpet so im pretty sure my girl friendish person and her flat mate heard it. all i can do now is act liek a true manly man who doesnt care about anything, not even farting. but theyre british so theyre probably terrified. ifart. pissssss.

A misanthrope posted:

hi drunk & ugly i own a home now and the only thing i hear is the raccoons chittering in the walls.

how are you? i hope you're good

im good thanks man hope you and your raccoons are doing well. inshallah

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i can sometimes hear my neighbor sing when i take a poo poo. she has a nice voice

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Wall Balls posted:

i can sometimes hear my neighbor sing when i take a poo poo. she has a nice voice

nice

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Big Beef City posted:

I doubt you can hear EVERYHING, OP.
For example, I doubt you can hear bonobos chittering in the trees in a south american jungle or a chinese couple fighting about a dumpling recipe half way around the world.
Seems a BIT excessive imo.

Lmao

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Being able to almost make out what people are softly saying outside my window makes me nervous about the times I get drunk and play CS:GO with my mic.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Yeah. My walls are drywall and 2x4s and the empty blacknes of spaaaaace. I hear my upstairs neighbors when the stumble and the older woman to my side whenever her tv is on. She used to live in a house and got pissy at first whenever my friend, who lives on the other side of her, had his tv at a volume that you could understand what people on it were saying from ten feet away in his own apartment. We both got somewhat friendly with her and finally convinced her that you are simply not going to get a noise free existence in cheap apartment.

One of the things that changed her mind was once when she knocked to bitch, we showed her how low we had the tv on (it was loving low) and then I asked how she was liking the second to last episode of downton abbey, which she had been watching on her side of the posterboard wall.

I often wonder if she could sleep in manhattan, as sensitive to sound as she is. Even 20 floors up in a nice rear end hotel room, the sirens and other noise are constant. Having lived in an apartment for years, I just blank that kinda poo poo out. If you need absolute silence though, some fancy apartments are seperated by concrete firewalls. Only bass will get through those fuckers.

As far as noise I make, I still have to move around in here and cook and poo poo but in terms of media: headphones, bitches.

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
I lived in a duplex where I could hear my neighbor set his keys down on his desk upstairs in his room while I was in the living room downstairs. Even rolling over in his bed 20 feet away sounded like he was in the room with me, it made me aware of every noise I made, how every word I said on the phone could be heard. After a few months he started banging on the walls and yelling insults at me when he had friends over. I work mornings and he didn't, so I'm sure a few months of my alarm going off finally set him off.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
otherwise i would never have had the unique life experience of hearing (rough estimate) two dozen cats being butchered alive over the space of several hours

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Back when I used to have roomies me and my buddy got a place with a master bedroom, which he ended up getting. The dude in the master above him was a sexual athlete. I got the better deal there.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nathilus posted:

Yeah. My walls are drywall and 2x4s and the empty blacknes of spaaaaace. I hear my upstairs neighbors when the stumble and the older woman to my side whenever her tv is on. She used to live in a house and got pissy at first whenever my friend, who lives on the other side of her, had his tv at a volume that you could understand what people on it were saying from ten feet away in his own apartment. We both got somewhat friendly with her and finally convinced her that you are simply not going to get a noise free existence in cheap apartment.

One of the things that changed her mind was once when she knocked to bitch, we showed her how low we had the tv on (it was loving low) and then I asked how she was liking the second to last episode of downton abbey, which she had been watching on her side of the posterboard wall.

I often wonder if she could sleep in manhattan, as sensitive to sound as she is. Even 20 floors up in a nice rear end hotel room, the sirens and other noise are constant. Having lived in an apartment for years, I just blank that kinda poo poo out. If you need absolute silence though, some fancy apartments are seperated by concrete firewalls. Only bass will get through those fuckers.

As far as noise I make, I still have to move around in here and cook and poo poo but in terms of media: headphones, bitches.

goongrats

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Your moms neighbors know my name op

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
the walls are impressively thick enough to actually mask all but the loudest noises in my apartment, OP

the doors are not, however, so every domestic situation tumbling down the hall in this bomb-rear end building is a community event :buddy:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My duplex is silent. There's like huge gaps between the old stucco walls. I usually wear headphones for gaming or music anyway so it doesn't matter anyway

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the insane woman above me stole a sack of concrete from the contractors paving the walkway outside and flushed a bunch of it down the toilet so now the building doens't have plumbing until ??? and I have to poo poo in a bucket

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
i used to get black out drunk daily with my friend, and one day my other friend came in the building and said he could hear us clearly 3 storeys down since i live beside the staircase.

I've been living in fear for 2 years wondering who's heard

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

idiotbitch posted:

i used to get black out drunk daily with my friend, and one day my other friend came in the building and said he could hear us clearly 3 storeys down since i live beside the staircase.

I heard

I heard everything

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It's always fun when the 2 brothers/gay couple across from me living together in a studio apartment get into a shouting match, and I can clearly hear one shouting, "You're hallucinating, Jim!"

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
It seems like every place I ever lived was beneath a young woman who wore heels in the house and clomped around the place all hours of the night.
Then I lucked into a place with concrete between floors and I have decided I will never ever leave this place.
I do have a neighbor who likes to pretend he's Chris Cornell, which he is most definitely not, but that's a fair trade-off.

The one thing I can still hear above me is a sound like someone dropping marbles on the floor.
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT AND WHY DO I HEAR IT EVERYWHERE I GO???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRB0sxw-YU

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

idiotbitch posted:

Same but the ever present drunk yelling is externally sourced from the streets.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

the walls are impressively thick enough to actually mask all but the loudest noises in my apartment, OP

the doors are not, however, so every domestic situation tumbling down the hall in this bomb-rear end building is a community event :buddy:

Pretty much my situation, only the domestics are coming from my apartment thanks to my narcissistic gf and her hair trigger temper.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I stayed at a super 8 in Denver that was surrounded by hookers and drug dealers. I consider the hookers pretending to be pleasured one of the added perks of staying there. :fap:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

thatfatkid posted:

Pretty much my situation, only the domestics are coming from my apartment thanks to my narcissistic gf and her hair trigger temper.

can you move please, I need to get some sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

can you move please, I need to get some sleep

Don't worry mate, only 2 more months on the lease.

• Locked thread