Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
I had a roommate, who in a previous apartment, had lived next door a guy who used to randomly leave flowers or candy at her door for Valentines day, Christmas, etc. He never asked her out, and they were friendly enough that she would feed his cat when he was out of town, regular neighborly stuff. Then she got switched from the night shift to the day shift at the hospital where she worked, and realized that his bedroom shared the wall with hers, and she would hear the headboard knocking against the wall while he shouted her name (sometimes first and last names) two or three times a week. He still never asked her out, but she felt like he had to know that she could hear him, and that was probably why.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Wicker Man posted:

It's always fun when the 2 brothers/gay couple across from me living together in a studio apartment get into a shouting match, and I can clearly hear one shouting, "You're hallucinating, Jim!"

something about xanax reacts terribly with the homo gene, speaking from a few different experiences

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
at one place the apartment upstairs had a small child, whose favourite toy was a wooden chair, to be played with by dragging it across the concrete floor for the screeeeeeeeeeeeeching for hours

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Three Olives posted:

Only children at the pool.

This poo poo is the worst I'm so sick of listening to the lil bastards always splashing and carrying on all day and into the evening

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Wicker Man posted:

It's always fun when the 2 brothers/gay couple across from me living together in a studio apartment get into a shouting match, and I can clearly hear one shouting, "I don't think so, Tim!"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i live on the third floor of a 3 story apartment building. i have no neighbors on my floor and the couple downstairs probably hears me up in them guts

holllaaaa holla holla hollaaaa

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
living in the top corner unit is dope i also have a cool balcony but cant see the beach from it :(

my friendly neighbor downstairs hears me stomp around in the morning but shes chill so its all good

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Chinatown posted:

living in the top corner unit is dope i also have a cool balcony but cant see the beach from it :(

my friendly neighbor downstairs hears me stomp around in the morning but shes chill so its all good

hell yeah

i have a good view of an rv lot and a waste management transfer station

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ghlbtsk posted:

It seems like every place I ever lived was beneath a young woman who wore heels in the house and clomped around the place all hours of the night.
Then I lucked into a place with concrete between floors and I have decided I will never ever leave this place.
I do have a neighbor who likes to pretend he's Chris Cornell, which he is most definitely not, but that's a fair trade-off.

The one thing I can still hear above me is a sound like someone dropping marbles on the floor.
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT AND WHY DO I HEAR IT EVERYWHERE I GO???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRB0sxw-YU

Anal beads

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hth posted:

hell yeah

i have a good view of an rv lot and a waste management transfer station

All post views from yhour apartments.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

spud posted:

All post views from yhour apartments.

make me bitch

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hth posted:

make me bitch

I can't I have no arms.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

hth posted:

i live on the third floor of a 3 story apartment building. i have no neighbors on my floor and the couple downstairs probably hears me up in them guts

holllaaaa holla holla hollaaaa

Chinatown posted:

:hellyeah: 3rd floor = alpha floor, motherfuckers

im kinda in hth's boat though, my balcony has a nice view of the alley and the pool of the much newer and nicer apartments across the alley

e: fuckin lmao at your word filter h t h how the heck did you pull that one hahahaha

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I can hear everything that the junkies in the basement bellow me do. Luckily, they are moving out Saturday. We're going to install better sound insulation between the floors and take it out of our rent.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
There's a spare patch of woods by a field behind my house. A few weeks ago I woke up at midnight because I thought someone was out there cutting down trees.

Turns out one of my neighbors bought their fat WWF-loving 12 year old kid one of those miniature motorcycles and now he keeps the neighborhood up until 2am buzzing around the field out back.

If I could get away with it I'd run wires between the trees and lop off his fat loving head. I know school's out and all, but get your worthless children inside by midnight on weekdays, ok?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I live in a detached house in a quiet area, OP. It's very peaceful and relaxing.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Big Beef City posted:

I doubt you can hear EVERYHING, OP.
For example, I doubt you can hear bonobos chittering in the trees in a south american jungle or a chinese couple fighting about a dumpling recipe half way around the world.
Seems a BIT excessive imo.

Goddamn you. I had totally managed to block out the bonobo chittering, but you just had to point it out and now it's all I can hear.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I had a gay downstairs neighbor named Rick in his early 50s, white, fat, who would get crunk as gently caress :420: and absolutely blast Madonna, Lady Gaga and Beyonce. It was pounding, much like the pounding he'd give to the young, black college students he'd have over after meeting them on Adam4Adam.

That was the shittiest apartment I ever lived in, but it was $450 per month and he was a great neighbor and all-around great guy. He sadly died of an aneurysm just after getting a degree in medical information systems and a job at a nice hospital. The guy had a tough life and it broke my heart.

He was also Christian and when learned I was gay, he exclaimed "Oh thank God!"

There were four apartments in the building. Another neighbor was an older white guy from Chicago who was a living nightmare. I couldn't hear anything from his unit, but he had bitey chihuahuas which repeatedly bit me and other residents. He eventually got homophobic with Rick, who told him to back off or get knocked down. Chicago dude backed off because he was a pussy. We soon got the nightmare evicted.

White trash living in Texas baby :whatup:

RIP Rick

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jul 12, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
In the last few hours I have heard the people in three adjacent units taking a shower (because our water runs loud). I was thinking about taking one, but now I don't want to be weird like them. What are they doing? Washing blood off their whole body? Is that what they'll think I'm doing?

It is 4:23 AM.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I used to have my bed right next to a wall where a girl had her bed and I'd be just chilling and jerking off and suddenly hear the girl next door loving her boyfriend and then it was just really weird and ruined my j o session.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

RobattoJesus posted:

I used to have my bed right next to a wall where a girl had her bed and I'd be just chilling and jerking off and suddenly hear the girl next door loving her boyfriend and then it was just really weird and ruined my j o session.

Buy sex toys and get freaky banging the wall with your own shenanigans.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

RobattoJesus posted:

How do I get over the awkwardness of having an audience to my sex having,i really dont like it its removing my enjoyment of the carnal sort

the gf doesnt seem to mind, they never do isnt that weird. once that flip is switched and the bedroom eyes are on they give no fucks if their neighbors hear them climax but if you get home from work late and take a shower or something there is hell to pay

im going to suggest getting some pink panther up in this poo poo or i will refuse to get up in hers (it is an empty threat i hve no moral foundation)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
update: i have made peace with the home invaders

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

A misanthrope posted:

update: i have made peace with the home invaders

For a second I had thought that was part of the madness scene from Evil Dead 2. Little thieves :3:

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Walls are thin here.
I'm thinking I can slowly drive my adjacent neighbour crazy by playing The Cure's Disintegration every day at 7 am.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Millions of Crows posted:

Walls are thin here.
I'm thinking I can slowly drive my adjacent neighbour crazy by playing The Cure's Disintegration every day at 7 am.

See, you're a good neighbor. I'd enjoy shuffle dancing every morning to that.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Drunk & Ugly posted:

How do I get over the awkwardness of having an audience to my sex having,i really dont like it its removing my enjoyment of the carnal sort

the gf doesnt seem to mind, they never do isnt that weird. once that flip is switched and the bedroom eyes are on they give no fucks if their neighbors hear them climax but if you get home from work late and take a shower or something there is hell to pay

I know what you mean. Back when I was sharing a house, my then-GF and got it on one night while she was visiting. My housemate and his GF were also in the house and we thought we were sufficiently quiet and they were sufficiently asleep. Obviously not, because they then returned the favour the following night. It was clearly on purpose because never before or since did I hear a peep out of the housemate's GF.

I was like no jeez we weren't intending you to hear us you creepy fucks, but of course I didn't say anything. And made sure never to have sex again while they were in the house.

Housemate's GF was vaguely cute in a pudgy jewish girl sort of way, so it wasn't really Something Awful, but still wholly unnecessary IMO.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

My wife and I moved into a duplex after only a short tour with the landlady, she kept talking the whole time. We never just stood still listening. When we showed up two weeks later with our stuff we noticed the traffic noise was really bad. The other half of the duplex wasn't even rented yet but when she had painters over there we heard every faucet, flush, creek and door opening.

When we found our new duplex we scheduled the viewing at the worst traffic time, saw cars in the other half and asked to be alone inside for a minute. Gotta do this, found quieter place.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The only thing I can hear every once in a while is the toddler upstairs stomping around (seriously how do they make so much noise) but it happens rarely enough and is so quiet that I really don't care

oh and if I'm in the bathroom I can kinda hear my old neighbors watching Frasier in the morning

quietest nicest place I've ever been in and everyone actually knows eachother and hangs out outside every once in a while so it's cool

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
For several years I lived in a place where i would always hear children squealing or dogs barking, every day. It was subsidized housing with a lot of immigrant families. Do foriegners not send their kids to school? There were mexican and middle eastern kids running around that place every day, no matter what time of day. Screaming randomly.
I assume the same people were boiling onions once a day just to keep the place smelling homey.
I miss the smell of that one mexican family's cooking, but not their stupid yappy bichon frise.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nah my apartment is well insulated

i can't even hear my roommate loving and we share a bedroom wall

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
gf's old apartment was suuuper nice except for the rear end in a top hat who lived upstairs that would constantly either have loud parties at 3 in the morning or practice with his lovely band at 3 in the morning

the piece of poo poo just acted like it was totally normal to do these things and apparently the apartment people couldn't do anything? whatever; what an rear end in a top hat

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's when you escalate to the non-emergency police line imo

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I have covered all my walls with soundproofing. I don't want the neighbors to hear me :fap: cause I'm shy :blush:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pawn 17 posted:

I have covered all my walls with soundproofing. I don't want the neighbors to hear me :fap: cause I'm shy :blush:

How do you fap so loud people in other rooms hear it?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Pawn 17 posted:

how many sexy young filipino men have you killed in that apartment

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

When I lived in an apartment I got to hear the bogan couple in my neighbouring apartment fighting constantly, whereas when I lived in a suburban house I got to hear the entire bogan family in the neighbouring house fighting constantly. Kids cry more often and at a higher pitch so I'll take apartment living.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

When I lived in an apartment I got to hear the bogan couple in my neighbouring apartment fighting constantly, whereas when I lived in a suburban house I got to hear the entire bogan family in the neighbouring house fighting constantly. Kids cry more often and at a higher pitch so I'll take apartment living.

arent bogans those monsters in harry potter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

arent bogans those monsters in harry potter?

You're thinking of boggarts. This is an artistic depiction of bogans having a gentlemanly discussion It is much more grating to overhear 24/7 when they don't get along so cordially.

• Locked thread