Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

Being able to almost make out what people are softly saying outside my window makes me nervous about the times I get drunk and play CS:GO with my mic.

:hfive:

a million times this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

ohhhhh

harry potter shoulda fought those guys instead of the boggers

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I know my neighbors are way, way into spanking.

It's very awkward if you have family over.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
At first, I thought my downstairs neighbors had kids or animals, or perhaps they only moved about their apartment by leaping and landing with both feet. Then I found out that it was a regular sized dude and his :btroll: girlfriend

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i used to, the acoustics were baffling, my ex was the screaming orgasmer in the setup too; i don't know why, but the spot in the house my room was situated, all sound from it went through the ticky tacky door and up and down both sets of stairs (was on second of three floors)

she also rented a converted warehouse space for a year where the drywall cubicles (aka rooms) did not reach halfway to the ceiling, so everyone was pretty much in the same space 100% of the time; on the other side of the "wall" from the head of her bed was the loudest goddamn toilet i've ever encountered

nomadologique fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 12, 2016

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

A misanthrope posted:

how many sexy young filipino men have you killed in that apartment

they don't gotta be sexy if i'm klling them but it helps

The_end
May 17, 2014
My first apartment had paper thin walls. I could hear the people above me loving. I would slap my belly and moan along sometimes. My bathroom shared a common wall with my neighbor who happened to be an attractive woman. One night at approximately 0200 i was in the bathroom after a night of drinking. When all of the sudden the quiet is interrupted by what sounds like a balloon being let go and pinched rapidly combined with crushed water melon being dropped into the toilet. In response to such an impressive display i said "nice" really loud. She still was not interested in going to dinner with me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dreddout posted:

How do you fap so loud people in other rooms hear it?

vibrators

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
sometimes i do laundry at like 10 at night and feel bad for the neighbors below me but then i remember the time they freaked the gently caress out when I was cleaning off my balcony and they thought i was peeing offof it for some reason and lol

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i live in a house in the woods its pretty cool

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
in my bedroom, I can hear voices, cars, and dogs out at night in the street, I even heard screams at one point. I think something horrible's happening out there at night while I'm asleep.

Kind of disturbes me actually.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
here is where i live its pretty baller

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

In Jail we have a strict anything goes sort of atmosphere you might find it appalling op but to each his own

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

vols bitch posted:

here is where i live its pretty baller

You live in broccoli?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You live in broccoli?

no that house in the left corner of the broccoli

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Oh

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Dreddout posted:

How do you fap so loud people in other rooms hear it?

My neighbor as a teenager once told me that I should reposition my bedside lamp because I was giving the entire neighborhood an x-rated shadow-puppet theater on my bedroom curtains.

From that point on I've always had a rigorous checklist before fapping.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The_end posted:

My first apartment had paper thin walls. I could hear the people above me loving. I would slap my belly and moan along sometimes. My bathroom shared a common wall with my neighbor who happened to be an attractive woman. One night at approximately 0200 i was in the bathroom after a night of drinking. When all of the sudden the quiet is interrupted by what sounds like a balloon being let go and pinched rapidly combined with crushed water melon being dropped into the toilet. In response to such an impressive display i said "nice" really loud. She still was not interested in going to dinner with me.

lol

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

The_end posted:

I think your sexy neighbor had a toilet baby.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
just got my first water bill. loving $40 sewer fee? and it's summer but my gas bill is still $15? you know i don't cook or shower so what the gently caress is using the gas???

homes suck

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

vols bitch posted:

no that house in the left corner of the broccoli

ironically, i know someone who lives in Brockley

its a hipster student place dont go there (they also have thin walls i could hear them talking in the night and having amorous relations and karaoke)

on a side note, is anybody schizophrenic

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 13, 2016

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i live below some single mother with like 5 kids and i think they have to throw rocks at my windows and run away for fun. i had a game boy

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
My previous apartment had a ceiling so thin and uninsulated, it wasn't even a case of hearing the people upstairs having sex, it was being able to hear when their loving phones would vibrate on receiving a text message.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
the unidentifiably eastern european people who listen to talk radio/news channel at a painfully loud volume and their constantly screaming and crying like 3-4 year old girl who loves loud lovely pop music. .. :bang:

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Even though life owned me and I'm 70% deaf, I can have peace and quiet when I whenever I want to, comes in handy for these kinds of situations OP

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i live on the top floor, and i still have to deal with my neighbors apparently pushing boxes up and down the wall they share with my living room

that said, i sing in the shower all the time and i didn't realize anyone would be able to hear me until i heard, clear as day, one half of a phone conversation when i was on the shitter

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Nooner posted:

sometimes i do laundry at like 10 at night and feel bad for the neighbors below me but then i remember the time they freaked the gently caress out when I was cleaning off my balcony and they thought i was peeing offof it for some reason and lol

was it because you were peeing off it?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

vols bitch posted:

i live in a house in the woods its pretty cool

A misanthrope posted:

how many sexy young filipino men have you killed in that apartment

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

all things considered my apartment + arrangement isn't bad on a day-to-day basis. a little old but serviceable and cheap. big bald white guy below me drives me a little nuts every now and then because he's prone to yelling when he talks. his words are usually muffled, but I can clearly make out things like "Jesus," "God," and "Prophet" because his sentences tend to climax in volume at those words

I'm afraid of leaving because I didn't sign a lease. in my mind, the best case scenario is I don't get my security deposit back

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
I live on the top floor so I get to be the awkward upstairs neighbor who drops random stuff on the floor in the middle of the night. The Turkish neighbors downstairs don't seem to mind and generally keep quiet except for the occasional yelling from the husband.
The old white guy next door spends most of his time coughing so hard that I think he might die soon. He likes to invite people over for drinks and listens to Pink Floyd albums at 3am in the middle of the week.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
My boyfriend and I live in a unit complex and our friends live in 2 other units in the same building. It's awesome for pot luck dinner and yelling about cooking shows through the walls but poo poo I don't wanna hear u getting busy my pal! For real she sounds like a sheep or s/t

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The only time I ever heard sex noises was years ago when I had a neighbor I never met who was having sex with his girlfriend with the windows open and I was outside with my dog. Clearly they were finishing up when I walked past, the dude shouting "No no no Tanya not in- EYAHGHHHHHH!!!!" then sighs and weeping sounds. Quickened my pace at that point.

Still kinda curious what happened there.

quote:

I had a roommate, who in a previous apartment, had lived next door a guy who used to randomly leave flowers or candy at her door for Valentines day, Christmas, etc. He never asked her out, and they were friendly enough that she would feed his cat when he was out of town, regular neighborly stuff. Then she got switched from the night shift to the day shift at the hospital where she worked, and realized that his bedroom shared the wall with hers, and she would hear the headboard knocking against the wall while he shouted her name (sometimes first and last names) two or three times a week. He still never asked her out, but she felt like he had to know that she could hear him, and that was probably why.

Also that is really hosed up.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 13, 2016

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

dk2m posted:

Even though life owned me and I'm 70% deaf, I can have peace and quiet when I whenever I want to, comes in handy for these kinds of situations OP

Plus you can rent the cheap place close to the airport.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I thank God I don't have shared walls because it's always like 3am when I have to garbage disposal a bunch of onions and I'm not changing that for anyone. gently caress neighbors.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The upstairs people were bad in my last apt i guess in that i frequently heard them making inexplicable noises but it was fairly quoet and muffled and fell into the background din but 100% gently caress motorcycle man who revved his harley for 30+ minutes around 5am every morning. He was the south park bikers

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

ghlbtsk posted:

The one thing I can still hear above me is a sound like someone dropping marbles on the floor.
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT AND WHY DO I HEAR IT EVERYWHERE I GO???

Someone in an old thread said that it was the sound of a belt buckle hitting the floor. Makes sense.

I used to live underneath a crazy old lady who had a much younger boyfriend. Heard a lot of muffled, elderly sex. We also had neighbours who had the most ridiculous, unreasonable arguments that would get ridiculously emotional. Yes, I know you're supposed to use a vegetable peeler and not a knife to peel carrots, but there's no need to break down sobbing that your boyfriend doesn't respect you because he didn't listen to your instructions.

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

criscodisco posted:

I thank God I don't have shared walls because it's always like 3am when I have to garbage disposal a bunch of onions and I'm not changing that for anyone. gently caress neighbors.

I do it anyway. You're welcome, upstairs and downstairs neighbors.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My (now ex-) wife and I lived in one. They had a reputation of being decent apartments in the area, but this older woman who lived below us drove us crazy. It was her and a 3-5yo kid and like clockwork, every Saturday morning they were up and at'em at 5am. Banging poo poo around and the kid yelling and her yelling back until about 7am when a whole army of loud assholes showed up and it just kept getting louder and louder until early afternoon when they'd all disperse. This was EVERY SATURDAY and some Sundays. My brother and I and all our male friends who came over always took the time to piss on the kids stuff which was conveniently directly under our balcony.

Then, they finally moved out after we lived there for about 7 months. Oh and it just got better. A younger couple moved in and it was constant yelling and throwing stuff. It was kind of fun trying to guess what they broke. Just so happened that the girl was a younger sister of a friend and he confirmed that they were the typical disfunctional couple and the guy was abusive and she was always on pills and loved the guy too much to leave. After a while, there were a few nights we'd go out for hours with Mayhem's Deathcrush EP or Especially Likely Sloth on repeat cranked to 11 with the speakers facing the floor.

It only took a month of them before my wife and I bought a house.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 14, 2016

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Great job pissing on those kids really taught those parents a lesson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2V4UUjYBsA

• Locked thread