Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Macrame_God posted:

Question: I recently started watching The Young Pope because GoT is finished and I heard it got picked up for a second season. I'm only three episodes in but so far I'm fairly intrigued. However, I'm having trouble finding any one on this forum who's willing to discuss it and, supposedly, the mods really hate this show. I'm just wondering if there's any specific reason why there's so little discussion of The Young Pope here. I'd like for there to be an official thread for it in anticipation of season 2 but I don't want to get in any trouble if it turns out the mods really do have a problem with this show.

Really?

It's very good, and I say that having absolutely no clue what the gently caress happened at any point, ever.

It had me at baby tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Organic Lube User posted:

We got anything going for HBO's Avenue 5?

Nah, but we probably should.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

escape artist posted:

Ill be gone in the dark thread?

There's a generic Apple TV thread that might be what you're looking for.

Unless there's a fourth show with that contains the words In The Dark, roughly in that order.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Charlz Guybon posted:

Anyone talking about the Korean monster apocalypse show Sweet Home that debuted recently on Netflix?

No dedicated thread, though there was a little chatter in a couple of threads.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Charlz Guybon posted:

Do you know which ones off the top of your head?

Yeah, I saw a little chatter in the Alice in Borderland thread, and I wrote something in the "What are you watching now" thread. I think someone else might have written something there too, but I can't recall.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

clown shoes posted:

Is there a thread for The Stand yet?

Nope. Be the change you want to see in the world!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Was there ever a thread for the AMC show Preacher that wrapped up a few years ago? Been binge-watching it lately, very entertaining but the tone is all over the place. Wanted to see what others thought but forum search is pulling up nada on here.

A lot of orthodox goons weren't a fan of the adaptations choices, but you can see all that (and the increasingly dwindling number of comments) documented in the following 4 (FOUR) threads.

Season 1:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777173&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Season 2: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824182&pagenumber=1

Season 3:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862127&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Season 4:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895879&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Goons are bad with spoilers, notably the first season thread which featured an end of season spoiler in the title.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

None. Apple thread is where people generally talk about apple shows at the mo, but I don't think that's anything hard or fast.

If you do create a thread, could you make it spoiler free? I've not read the books, but I'll be watching the show.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Anyone talking about Julia? It's not a show I'd normally latch onto but I'm hooked.

There's no dedicated thread, maybe one or two posts in either the streaming thread or the main discussion thread -- but only glancingly.

It's been renewed for Season 2 though.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

escape artist posted:

Did a Monster: Dahmer thread ever get made?

Nope! Barely anyone talked about it here IIRC, despite it apparently being ridiculously popular.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

escape artist posted:

That's surprising. I usually will give a show a chance if it has a decently sized-thread here. Goon reviews are key when it comes to getting me to watch something

I have tons to say about it but probably nothing new or original

Yo, come say it in the gen chat thread, or maybe start a thread. I'd be keen to hear what you've got to say.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Good Omens S2 just hit Prime. Any thread for the series?

None, though I suspect you'll get traction in The Sandman thread if you'd prefer not to make a new thread to talk about it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Is there a Fallout thread?

Not yet, but it's inevitable.