Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Stabb

I don't have Pokemon Go, but I walk around places with my phone and utter things like "there's a pokemon here!" here and "I shouldnta used my master ball on that Water Type" in public places, as a conversation starter to meet a possible gf or just a nice platonic friend. So far I have had a few nice conversations but they haven't lead to anything more substantial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i don't know alot of the names so I'm always saying like "hey a squirtle" or "yes a charmander" but the other day i tried to wing it and said something messed up and a couple of real pokemoners laughed at me

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i woke up a couple hours later after they'd beaten me into a near coma, they'd left me stripped naked and tied in crucifix on an old oak tree, a friendly blue jay fed me food and water for several weeks before i was found

John Stabb

One of the successful days, where I had a conversation, a girl with blue and pink hair said "are you playing Pokemon Go?" but then i got nervous and said my favorite pokemon was Harambe

Darkman Fanpage
im gonna go to the holocaust memorial tomorrow and see if i can catch some ghost pokemon 👻

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Which kind of gf, op? They come in various difficulties and rewards.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I was too old to play pokemon the first time around and I have no idea what's going on. Last Friday I was just trying to go to some bars and drink, but everybody was running around with their telephones and yelling pokemon names. I was too confused and scared to get drunk in those circumstances, so I went home and hid under my blankets.

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
i'm catching pokemon as we speak

the doctors say the diagnosis is pokefever, and the outlook is pretty grim

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

December Octopodes posted:

i'm catching pokemon as we speak

the doctors say the diagnosis is pokefever, and the outlook is pretty grim

everyone i know is a bug chaser looking for the elusive pokevirus, which is different from the pokefever. rip friend

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
As a girl, I did this, but with sports, and it got me a bf, so good luck op.

bean mom

misty mountaintop posted:

As a girl, I did this, but with sports, and it got me a bf, so good luck op.

does your bf need a bf? he sounds awesome with all the sport likin'

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Anoia

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
im the person who threatens to unfriend or unfollow all their friends on social media if they keep posting about how much fun they're having

stop having fun

stop it

Scrapl

I was playing it a lot but I suck at catching pokemon and I actually hate walking so I ran out of pokeballs and my future as a pokemon catcher seems grim from here

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Zyla posted:

does your bf need a bf? he sounds awesome with all the sport likin'

I caught him, but I let him go, so if you want him he's yours now.

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
It was like dating a pokemon named Sports.

Me: So what did you do today?
Him: Sports!
Me: Ha ha, yeah, sports. They're pretty awesome...I love...Lebron?
Him: [angry] Sporrrts..
Me: I mean...Steph Curry?
Me: I like when the ball goes in the hoop.
Him: Sports sports!
Me: They changed my shift at work again, it's really hard to keep up when they're doing that all the time.
Him: [sleepy] sporrrts...
Me: It's like...uh....when the middle linebacker fakes like he's going to drop into coverage and then does a delayed blitz.
Him: Sports?
Me: Yes, honey, it's like sports.
Him: Sports.
Me: *sigh* Let's just go back to your place and gently caress.
Him: Sports sports sports sports sports sports!

----------------

JuulPodSaveAmerica

Me: They changed my shift at work again, it's really hard to keep up when they're doing that all the time.
Me: It's like...uh....when the middle linebacker fakes like he's going to drop into coverage and then does a delayed blitz.

Sports!

----------------
i honestly believe you are tripping right now.

bean mom

SPORTS!

----------------

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
I asked a girl if she wanted to see my Pokemon collection.. She was no match for my Charmander.

Cubone found this humerus.. I didn't it was mine.

<3 <3 Vanisher

deep dish peat moss

I played Pokemon Go with my girl's 4 year old son and he seems like the appropriate target market for the depth and complexity found in the game.

deep dish peat moss

Every time we caught a Pokemon the game said "Wow! Congratulations! You have another year before this becomes embarrassing so catch a lot of them!"

deep dish peat moss

I think it was actually referring to the fact that I'm 29, though.

John Stabb

Well, I got the actual game.

Unfortunately, I've come under a malaise of depression, and have stopped leaving my apartment. All I'm finding are bug types in my bed and sink.

Scaly Haylie

Luvcow posted:

i woke up a couple hours later after they'd beaten me into a near coma, they'd left me stripped naked and tied in crucifix on an old oak tree, a friendly blue jay fed me food and water for several weeks before i was found

at least they only took half your money

bean mom

Luvcow posted:

could be worse

----------------

Macnult

Due to confusion over members picking opposite colors, the Crips and Bloods have temporarily joined forces to prevent the yellow team from claiming any nearby gyms.

tao of lmao

Driver, after nearly hitting me: hey pokemon DICK watch where you're going!!
Me: Me? Oh, no just normal texting
Driver: ahh, very well. Carry on.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Macnult posted:

Due to confusion over members picking opposite colors, the Crips and Bloods have temporarily joined forces to prevent the Nanners from claiming any nearby gyms.

:sotw: ftfy

Macnult

old man across the room: *thinking to self* "taking pictures of a guard rail? pfft... millennial photographers."

girl by the hand-sanitizer: *thinking to self* "oh no, please don't. nothing can save you from this god awful lighting."

me in line at Chipotle: *thinking to self* "aww yea now i have a charmander AND a squirtle."

alnilam

The opposite thing happens to me, I don't have pokemon go but when i hang out outside people keep assuming i must be there for pokemon despite the fact that I'm just chillin with no phone and they talk to me about pokestops and I'm like uhh hi nice to meet you

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

pokemon went

tao of lmao

At first my cat thought it was cute, but he's starting to get annoyed with me throwing pingpong balls at him.

FluffieDuckie

tao of lmao posted:

At first my cat thought it was cute, but he's starting to get annoyed with me throwing pingpong balls at him.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

tao of lmao posted:

<3 <3 Vanisher

Macnult

tao of lmao posted:

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

tao of lmao posted:

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

tao of lmao posted:

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

tao of lmao posted:

Ostentatious

I can't stop finding Ghastly at the Holocaust Museum Nintendo please fix this bug

MrWillsauce

I have been pulling my phone out and pretending like I have text messages to read and people to send text messages to since I was in middle school, so this isn't a big change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I can't believe there was actually a time when the primary purpose of a phone was to communicate with people

• Locked thread