Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pure talent right there, amazing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

raocow posted:

I'm one of those goobers who had read OPM for a long time but just never really touched MP100 for some excuse or another.

And holy cow. I think I've found a new favourite anything, assuming this keeps the same quality going.

Not gonna read the comic and experience this show blind though.

Oh yeah, this does remind me of your art.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The battle of ONE franchise OPs is a no contest. MP100 has a better song and the visuals for it are more fitting for the series too, never mind just being better looking.

Agreed on MP100's OP having a better song and visuals, but I've always liked OPM's OP being a giant elaborate joke for how you think the show's going to be versus how the show actually is

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
The manga only gets better as it goes along, and I already loved this first episode. My god the anticipation each week is going to kill me

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 22, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mob Psycho 100 will save anime.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Truth. I'm glad too, JoJo was getting a lil tired of always having to do it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Actually anime was saved by Luluco and All Might last season

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I held off of reading or Mob Psycho 100, even though I knew it was from the same author of One Punch Man, I'm super loving glad I waited for the anime.

1- ONE is a genius.

2- Reigen is the best, he has some of my favorite hand gestures I've seen in animation in a long time.

3- One's art style elevates this anime SO much, it's just fits so much the tone of the series, the animation holy gently caress is just fantastic, I never thought they'd one-up OPM, but they just did, This series has a ton of 'little animations' that's such a joy to watch.

If this keeps up, definitely one of the best series in a good long while.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like how there's one thing in particular that crosses over from OPM: The ridiculous origin stories for the cannon fodder.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
I liked how a lot of the One Punch Man OP was just saitama slowly walking to where the villains are with wailing guitars going the whole time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

aers posted:

So this scene is credited to Miyo Sato as "Paint On Glass" animation. She's a young director and animator who recently graduated from the Tokyo University of Arts Graduate program. Her first year work in the program is a 3 minute short animated this way, its kind of crazy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOGdWCl0rNQ

Don't be surprised to see more young talent or alternate styles on this project.

That owns

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

God

Anyone who hasn't read the manga doesn't even know. You have to get in on ground floor of this, it's going to be incredible.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The animation is insane.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

I love the manga and this anime already looks so good. It's like they're trying to outdo Murata's super-detailed art on strength of animation alone and I love it. I can't wait for more.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Elentor posted:

The animation is insane.

It's great. Its my favorite

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the music in the op is hot garbage. but the animation is hecka sweet

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Relin posted:

Don't sign the middle of your posts!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Relin posted:

the music in the op is hot garbage
:chloe:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

back in my day, we called things that are cool and good "cool and good"... kids nowadays.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
I like the OPM theme more but that's mostly because I'm a JAM Project mark. Mob Psycho's op is decent.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is it next week yet.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Belgian Waffle posted:

I like the OPM theme more but that's mostly because I'm a JAM Project mark. Mob Psycho's op is decent.

I'll agree that JAM Project isn't possible to top, but Mob Psycho's song is top notch given how it gels with the subject matter.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
JAM Project has many songs. Yet, at the same time, they only have one song.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Okkusenman is very different from Hero.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The OP actually got me super hype back in the previews, it rocks a whole lot

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Relin posted:

99%

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm loving this anime.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Okkusenman is very different from Hero.

They didn't write that song

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They didn't write that song

Harsh but fair.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://u.pomf.is/apupzr.webm https://u.pomf.is/xmstgb.webm https://u.pomf.is/lshhxq.webm https://u.pomf.is/yheovh.webm https://u.pomf.is/zdgpuy.webm

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
How is this so gooooood

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

How is this so gooooood

I chalk it up to Reigen, the world's greatest psychic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://bukakkyoin.tumblr.com/post/147459986094/ive-been-waiting-for-the-anime-for-4-months-and

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Yessss

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That's it, you are grounded grounded grounded grounded

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
After listening to the OP for about oh, twenty times on loop I have come to the conclusion that it is...

extremely good.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
This anime is awesome. I haven't had my weird surrealist bullshit itch scratched this hard since Excel Saga.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
It's Finally A Monday

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 22, 2016

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Yes. Finally...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just watched the first episode, that was really cool. The OP reminded me of when I was a kid who accidentally watched an anime without knowing what anime was and thinking "Wow this is weird but I like it"

• Locked thread