Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I have one of these

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=12571&seq=1&format=2

Its like a go pro except $60. In fact, the packaging, accessories, and apparent physical quality of the unit itself (and case) is so out of this world for $60 I'm literally afraid its not a camera and just a piece of lead inside. But in the off chance it actually works I'm trying to figure out how to attach this loving thing to my full face motorcycle helmet. For a go pro I'd just use a j-hook for the front of my helmet and probably some kind of ball socket thing for the side. I prefer the front due to wind even if it looks a little supermoto homosexual. I already look like a dweeb though so, whatever, I want it on the front.

But how can I do that? It would seem a highly common use for a go pro knockoff is on helmets, and preferably you wouldn't want one on top unless you rode a crappy bicycle, and any other configuration would have it like pointing completely sideweays. Wtf? Am I retarded??

Anyways, I have faith in GBS and you've always helped me before, its why I keep coming back. Keep it up :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I dont know why I didnt consider just sticking the drat thing on my helmet lol, especially considering the only thing that has to remain is the backplate of the thing

The epoxy thing sounds pretty sick but I feel like there's a missing step

But im just going to 3m it to my helmet

Thanks guys!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

roymorrison posted:

you need to get a drone to fully document the first and last time you exit your basement

notZaar posted:

Nobody is gonna watch your lame rear end footage.

vlog 7/12/16 #1

theyre hassling me again *revs* *rev rev rev rev rev rev vroom vrev rev rev rev* heh all better

astrollinthepork posted:

Don't do the above. The following comes off easily with a hairdryer.

Okay so you get some epoxy putty and you put it in some saran wrap. Place the adhesive mount on one side of the putty and push it against your helmet to mold the putty so you have something in between the mount and helmet. Once the putty dries, attach the adhesive mount and then use double sided foam tape on the other side to attach to your helmet.

Oh wait maybe I understand this, one side is flat and one side fits the contour better and i shove the 2 side poo poo on b oth sides

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 12, 2016

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Are you adv riding or just filming sick wheelies down the interstate?

tbh its because someone caused me to wreck and left the scene and it really pissed me off, like actually stopped and opened the door and looked at me on the ground then sped off like a little bitch, police obviously couldnt do anything with "blue suv with white woman" and I wasnt paying attention to the plate because there was 450 lbs on top of me

also wheelies down the interstate ofc

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Moridin920 posted:

but why OP?

for what reason?

youtube sensation

astrollinthepork posted:

Yes the epoxy putty is to mold to the contours of the mount and helmet chin. On actual gopros the mount has an adhesive backing. It goes mount/adhesive/putty/adhesive/helmet. Also, the saran wrap is solely to protect your helmet and mount from the putty until it cures. Unwrap it after it gets relatively firm. Go look for 3M double sided foam tape at your local hardware store. I got some at Meijer. Doesnt need to be the VHB stuff. If you can't find the putty, go to petco or some other well stocked aquaria store for fluval putty that's used to attach coral and such.

Thanks for real its what im gonna do

Thanks GBS!!!

XoXo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Yerok posted:

Three loving dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Adjustm...85%3A2470955011

I've crashed really loving hard on dirtbikes with these mounts and I've never lost the camera.

But i dont think this fits my moonprice homo pro :( but for $3, why not find out I guess

edit: actuually ordered this , not sure how it works but the words seem to imply it will

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170402&p_id=10640&seq=1&format=2

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 15, 2016

• Locked thread