Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
Ah Yes, I remember it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

a hole-y ghost posted:

Ah Yes, I remember it well.

I have that skyrim mod

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I'm really good at this game and it's shaming how much time I spent on it but I get to go to an Arab wedding in Jordan because of it lol

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Nation posted:

I'm really good at this game and it's shaming how much time I spent on it but I get to go to an Arab wedding in Jordan because of it lol

Plz teach me, I suck at this game.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Nation posted:

I get to go to an Arab wedding

terrorists win

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Zombiepop posted:

Plz teach me, I suck at this game.

click

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nation posted:

I do remember getting laughed out of the goon thread for saying cheating is systemic even at pro level before the poo poo storm hit but what would those scrubs know :smuggo:

What can I say I know ppl

The god worship dick sucking of pro players is pretty weird. So much leeway given to blatant cheaters despite some high profile pros getting caught.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nation posted:

I do remember getting laughed out of the goon thread for saying cheating is systemic even at pro level before the poo poo storm hit but what would those scrubs know :smuggo:

Wicker Man posted:

The god worship dick sucking of pro players is pretty weird. So much leeway given to blatant cheaters despite some high profile pros getting caught.

I bought CS:GO because someone made a GBS thread and said that they really enjoyed how all the AWP poo poo was gone from the previous versions of CS (that rear end in a top hat got me good- every second player has an AWP! :argh:). I joked about it in the CS Games thread, then brought up cheating... and it did not go over well.

Apparently there is no cheating, and I'm a big baby for talking about it.

Honestly though the cheaters of old CS would be ashamed at the cheating in CS:GO. I remember back then cheaters being better at hiding it.

Edit:

kazr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

this is a good video about cs go gambling corruption if you're a huge loving loser like me

This is like lazy Bitcoiners-level incompetent corruption

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
AWP's suck, sooo boring. Especially when peeps be cheatin(always)

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
bizon power all day every day.

op:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Counter Strike is the trailer trash of video games.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

op:

I love that thing. Old school gun from FireArms beating people armed with awps, aks, and p90s.

Professor Shark posted:

I bought CS:GO because someone made a GBS thread and said that they really enjoyed how all the AWP poo poo was gone from the previous versions of CS (that rear end in a top hat got me good- every second player has an AWP! :argh:). I joked about it in the CS Games thread, then brought up cheating... and it did not go over well.

Honestly though the cheaters of old CS would be ashamed at the cheating in CS:GO. I remember back then cheaters being better at hiding it.

Ya, the whole "Get gud" culture. Incredibly toxic with a major gently caress-you-got-mine attitude towards winning or losing.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

notZaar posted:

Counter Strike is the trailer trash of video games.
the original counter-strike is one of the best, sorry you're really young

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm 32 and I have strong opinions about video games and TFC was is and always will be superior to CS.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

op:

Atleast im a pro, what do you do fuckman?

edit:Bizon rules

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Nation posted:

People cheating at FPS is nothing new. Also, the sky is blue, water is wet.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

naah man what you crazy it was only noteworthy because it wasn't widely known just how good and well integrated some of the hacks are.

Also my theory is its impossible to talk about cs without sounding like a prick

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Zombiepop posted:

Atleast im a pro, what do you do fuckman?

edit:Bizon rules

Smoke weed video games, every day, every drat day. Sup sup

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
if you went back in time and tried to explain the world of 2016 to a 1950s sci-fi author they would tell you it's too over-the-top

e-sports? videos created by screaming children that make millions of dollars on something you call a "you tube"? powerful pocket phone computers and augmented reality that you just use to catch cartoon creatures????

*1950s guy has an aneurysm

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm going to CS:GO and kill myself

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
counterstrike has always seemed like a finicky piece of crap where I never know if I'm just missing or what before some rear end in a top hat with an aimbot headshots me

UT was way better.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

I joked about it in the CS Games thread, then brought up cheating... and it did not go over well.

yeah, the GO thread is very touchy about pros cheating

very, very touchy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
there's so much cheating going on in CS that it's not even playable on any public server unless you're just a masochist

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

symbolic posted:

yeah, the GO thread is very touchy about pros cheating

very, very touchy
why are people like that on SA in the first place if they so obviously don't belong?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lmao look at all these silvers calling cheats because they are just bad

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i only play CSGO when im drinking so i dont get much further than nova 3 even though when i taking a break i got up to double AK

who the gently caress plays video games sober????

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wicker Man posted:

Ya, the whole "Get gud" culture. Incredibly toxic with a major gently caress-you-got-mine attitude towards winning or losing.

I stopped playing CS:GO when I found out I couldn't talk about it on SA and players didn't appreciate my strategy of drinking lots of beer, throwing every grenade I had at the first choke point then running in firing my Bizon/ shotgun until it was empty then doing the same thing with my pistol, all while screaming obscenely about the Blood God and the enemy team's mothers.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Counter-Strike is a Bad Game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

I stopped playing CS:GO when I found out I couldn't talk about it on SA and players didn't appreciate my strategy of drinking lots of beer, throwing every grenade I had at the first choke point then running in firing my Bizon/ shotgun until it was empty then doing the same thing with my pistol, all while screaming obscenely about the Blood God and the enemy team's mothers.

this is a pretty fun way to play

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Nation posted:

your just bad

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I had some fun the first 3 times i played it. Then I uninstalled it and have had a lot more fun since.

With other games.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Please post good forums meltdowns from the CS:GO thread TIA

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

TsarZiedonis posted:

Please post good forums meltdowns from the CS:GO thread TIA

there haven't really been any. all the good stuff comes from the privte server thread

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

there haven't really been any. all the good stuff comes from the privte server thread
Up Circle's meltdown towards the end of the previous thread was pretty good, though

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Professor Shark posted:

alltalk needs to be on for an enjoyable counter strike experience

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Prettz posted:

why are people like that on SA in the first place if they so obviously don't belong?

Games has been really bad for a long time

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Sir_Charles posted:

Games has been really bad for a long time
MAKES GAMES GREAT AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

I got csgo as kind of a nostalgia thing and found myself getting pwnd and called a human being by teenagers. Just like the good ol days man, some things never change :911:

• Locked thread