Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Pawn 17 posted:

Wow, the reviews on IMDB are really scathing and the movie has a 3.9 with 10k ratings. And the median score on IMDB is a 1! Females on average scored it twice as high as males. In fact, females 18-29yo scored this movie higher than they did the original Ghostbusters!

Actually reading the reviews though, it's really hard to pick out who actually saw and is honestly reviewing the movie, vs. who is just using their review as a proxy in the gender war or whatever.

"proxy in the gender war" sounds like some cool tom clancy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Pawn 17 posted:

Wow, the reviews on IMDB are really scathing and the movie has a 3.9 with 10k ratings now. And the median score on IMDB is a 1! Females on average scored it twice as high as males. In fact, females 18-29yo scored this movie higher than they did the original Ghostbusters!

Actually reading the reviews though, it's really hard to pick out who actually saw and is honestly reviewing the movie, vs. who is just using their review as a proxy in the gender war or whatever.

The Gender Cold War: fought bitterly in proxy wars

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Ironically the gender war will be fought by the most unfuckable and least physically gendered humans on the planet.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm Wigg.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
But why don't they have to trap the ghosts?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

I bet they can cross the beams too

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
it looks like what i was afraid of happened and the movie ended up being sort of the forgettable crappy mediocre and now people will fight over whether it's horrible or good like a neverending slapfight in a medical waste dump

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad I never saw the original ghost busters if only so I have a reason to not participate in thia conversation

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Red Suit posted:

I'm glad I never saw the original ghost busters if only so I have a reason to not participate in thia conversation

people having serious opinions about a remake of a movie starring some women is more retarded than people having serious opinions about black stormtroopers

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

people having serious opinions about a remake of a movie starring some women is more retarded than people having serious opinions about black stormtroopers

a friend of mine had an audible sigh of relief when he learned that black guy from new star wars couldn't use the force

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Red Suit posted:

a friend of mine had an audible sigh of relief when he learned that black guy from new star wars couldn't use the force

Did he get even more pissed when he found out a loving girl could though?! I mean, she gets PMS and all of a sudden everyone in her spin class that she thinks is prettier than her is choking to death on the floor!

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Red Suit posted:

i thought you needed some force awareness to effectively wield a light saber? i swear that was a thing but idk

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rezatahs posted:

i thought you needed some force awareness to effectively wield a light saber? i swear that was a thing but idk

no but theres no weight on the zappy bit so it'd be easy to loving kill yourself if you tried swinging it like a regular sword so youd need a lot of training to not murder yourself with one

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That's all EU nonsense that got thrown out with the terrible prequel movies in the Disney purge.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Light sabers are lovely weapons for non-force users because you need to be a precog to block blaster bolts. Notice Finn didn't block any blaster bolts.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
im completely pro equality but this looks like poo poo haha

oh well sorry
pewp butts or whatever

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Why didn't they have women star in a good movie?

Why didn't they have women star in a new, unique movie instead of a reboot?

Why do people care about gender so much? Its weird.

Why can't we finish building Skynet so that it can wipe out all genders?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

Ironically the gender war will be fought by the most unfuckable and least physically gendered humans on the planet.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Drunk & Ugly posted:

im completely pro equality but this looks like poo poo haha

oh well sorry
pewp butts or whatever

sorry in misanthrope's book that makes you an MRA

welcome to the republican party

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

vols bitch posted:

i tried to watch reign of fire staring rust cole and batman today but it sucked and was boring

Yeah it is too bad every component of that movie should add up into something fun and wonderful and the exact opposite is true

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Why would they even remake a movie with an all lady cast that was essentially just dick and cum jokes?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Gonna remake blazing saddles but instead of the sheriff being black were gonna use Harold and kumar.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Did you know that female arachnids are superior to males? Males are tiny little fuckboys who die after a year while females are loving huge and horrifying and live for several years. They gently caress males and then eat them. Then they lay eggs and ignore their young because they don't give a gently caress. So independent, so powerful.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

The Skeleton King posted:

Why didn't they have women star in a good movie?

Why didn't they have women star in a new, unique movie instead of a reboot?

Why do people care about gender so much? Its weird.

Why can't we finish building Skynet so that it can wipe out all genders?

also more questions left unanswered by this debacle

why are two of them fat?
why didn't they bust the poverty ghost? it keeps visiting threads!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Did you know that female arachnids are superior to males? Males are tiny little fuckboys who die after a year while females are loving huge and horrifying and live for several years. They gently caress males and then eat them. Then they lay eggs and ignore their young because they don't give a gently caress. So independent, so powerful.

go on

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
the female praying mantis will often eat the male's head

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Female spiders are so scary and powerful compared to their male counterparts that in order to breed the male must first be allowed to approach and then temporarily paralyze the female so that he can fire his load and escape before she decides to kill him.

This doesn't always work and the male is often killed.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The logical endgame of the sjw movement. If only we could all be as woke as spiders.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Female spiders are so scary and powerful compared to their male counterparts that in order to breed the male must first be allowed to approach and then temporarily paralyze the female so that he can fire his load and escape before she decides to kill him.

so despite her fearsome size, aggressive behavior, and terrible strength; in the end he still outwits her and gets all any male wants from the opposite sex? inspiring stories from the animal kingdom!

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Male and female penguins mate for life and equally share the burden protecting their eggs and their young. They will take turns eating while their mates remain behind for weeks. If either parent dies or does not return, the other will be left with no choice but to abandon their young or starve to death. Such equality.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

This doesn't always work and the male is often killed.

Sounds like my ex, amirite fellas? :grin:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
do anglerfish next I'm almost there

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

rezatahs posted:

so despite her fearsome size, aggressive behavior, and terrible strength; in the end he still outwits her and gets all any male wants from the opposite sex? inspiring stories from the animal kingdom!

Indeed. The male risks certain death if he is not skilled enough in the way of hitting and quitting. The female only requires his sperm, not his life, and will be satisfied with either outcome.
A male that can breed multiple times is truly impressive.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

do anglerfish next I'm almost there

Sure thing.

In some species of anglerfish the males are far smaller than the females and do not develop gonads until they find a female to attach themselves to. The female can be host to multiple males, which cannot mature or survive without her.
This parasite-like relationship is also the anglerfish's means of reproduction.

In other words, the male's entire existence, and even his sexuality, revolves around the female.

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

Drunk & Ugly posted:

this is me gobbling dongs, it wa supposed to go with my cool poem

http://i.imgur.com/KeSZmkO.gifv

If you don't eat hotdogs and french fries this way IRL, I don't know what to tell you son. Also, dongs. Give me a plate of dongs.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Cowman posted:

Bridesmaids was a pretty funny movie and I really enjoyed it when I saw it a long time ago.

I accidentally linked to the wrong version on Youtube. This is the one I thought was great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747n6ypYbIQ

Check out Identity Thief too though. It was very good.

I hated Spy, Tammy, and Heat, however. I never even bothered with The Boss. Fool me 3 times, shame on you!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I accidentally linked to the wrong version on Youtube. This is the one I thought was great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747n6ypYbIQ

Check out Identity Thief too though. It was very good.

I hated Spy, Tammy, and Heat, however. I never even bothered with The Boss. Fool me 3 times, shame on you!

I liked Spy at least anytime Jude Law or Jason Statham was on screen. Heat was OK and Tammy was complete poo poo minus Susan Sarandon. She gets a pass on being on my celebrity GILF list just under Helen Mirren.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I wouldn't see this movie if it were 4 guys either. gently caress remakes and reboots in general really.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pawn 17 posted:

Wow, the reviews on IMDB are really scathing and the movie has a 3.9 with 10k ratings now. And the median score on IMDB is a 1! Females on average scored it twice as high as males. In fact, females 18-29yo scored this movie higher than they did the original Ghostbusters!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

pretty sure no females ever watched the originals

• Locked thread