Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
We went to see "Secret Life of Pets" tonight and left wondering why the American film industry isn't even trying anymore to cover its contribution to institutionalized racism. Did you see it? WTF was that line about? "That raccoon isn't the real president?" Why did a black guy get hired to do an "urban dialect" to play the part of the thug bunny? And, what was with the torture scene? That movie was hosed up for real. I welcome your input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
the part where the cat killed and ate the four parakeets was really disturbing and drawn out, and the fact the hamster watched and cheered i thought was maybe in bad taste. otherwise i thought it was a pretty ok movie.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
hi frank nice to meet you LOL

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
what the gently caress is op talking about

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jackyl posted:

what the gently caress is op talking about
Anne Frank

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

poopnanners posted:

hi frank nice to meet you LOL

lol nice

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

well at least she can't hear him talking behind her back

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Alright here goes... Hi I'm frank, you must be too. :same:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i heard that about 70 animals were killed during the filming as they used motion capture on real animals to film those cgi scenes. supposedly the local shelters were emptied for the production, producers said the animals were just going to die anyways but wow thats hosed up.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jackyl posted:

well at least she can't hear him talking behind her back
No you're thinking of helen keller.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

a hole-y ghost posted:

No you're thinking of helen keller.

no the furniture was moved because she was bad

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jackyl posted:

no the furniture was moved because she was bad
that's kinky, or maybe it was stinky. I don't remember which one.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
this one dog named "puppers" actually made it through the shoot and this family wanted to adopt him but apparently the director didn't want puppers to become a star so he just point blank shot him in the head on the final day of filming. thats really hosed up.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Frank's Red Hot? I put that poo poo on everything

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

like ur name is frank haha nce

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Luvcow posted:

this one dog named "puppers" actually made it through the shoot and this family wanted to adopt him but apparently the director didn't want puppers to become a star so he just point blank shot him in the head on the final day of filming. thats really hosed up.
At least he shot him with a blank, that's more humane I think

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a hole-y ghost posted:

At least he shot him with a blank, that's more humane I think

dude puppers was just a dog and i guess maybe i typed it wrong but the director blew that loving puppies brains out like some egyptian pharaoh that doesn't want the artists who made his tome to ever create their mastery of art again. it was still an ok movie though.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Luvcow posted:

dude puppers was just a dog and i guess maybe i typed it wrong but the director blew that loving puppies brains out like some egyptian pharaoh that doesn't want the artists who made his tome to ever create their mastery of art again. it was still an ok movie though.
I think the way you're supposed to shoot a dog is to shoot it with a gun that doesn't have a bullet, like a blank, so instead of shooting it sucks the dogs brain into the gun, that way you don't get mad cow disease (or is it mad dog disease??)

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm worried about Vitalis' state of mind; he forgot to sign his post!!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a hole-y ghost posted:

I think the way you're supposed to shoot a dog is to shoot it with a gun that doesn't have a bullet, like a blank, so instead of shooting it sucks the dogs brain into the gun, that way you don't get mad cow disease (or is it mad dog disease??)

i'll look into this, it's an interesting technique

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm worried about Vitalis' state of mind; he forgot to sign his post!!

i think it bellies the serious nature of this movie and the grim fact that at least 70 animals were killed in it's making

also for those of you who might want to see a classic vitalis post it should look a little something like this:

Vitalis Jackson posted:

We went to see "Secret Life of Pets" tonight and left wondering why the American film industry isn't even trying anymore to cover its contribution to institutionalized racism. Did you see it? WTF was that line about? "That raccoon isn't the real president?" Why did a black guy get hired to do an "urban dialect" to play the part of the thug bunny? And, what was with the torture scene? That movie was hosed up for real. I welcome your input.

-Vitalis Jackson

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Luvcow posted:

You're gonna kill a dog???

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a hole-y ghost posted:

You're gonna kill a dog???

gently caress no!

but the makers of this movie killed about 30

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Luvcow posted:

gently caress no!

but the makers of this movie killed about 30
they must have made it in Spain, I heard that if you kill an animal while making a movie there it's normal, so every time you see an animal in a movie that's in Spanish the animal died in real life.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a hole-y ghost posted:

they must have made it in Spain, I heard that if you kill an animal while making a movie there it's normal, so every time you see an animal in a movie that's in Spanish the animal died in real life.

pretty sure thats true, yes

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

Luvcow posted:

i think it bellies the serious nature of this movie and the grim fact that at least 70 animals were killed in it's making

also for those of you who might want to see a classic vitalis post it should look a little something like this:

That's not quite right, though. I used to sign like this: "Love, Vitalis." But those rat bastard diseased moderators expressed their displeasure by probating me for "signing my name." Those fuckers and their tiny penises and whatnot.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Im going to see this movie over the weekend. Please stop posting spoilers in this thread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
have you heard about anne frank's treehouse

neither has she

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Let's beef rank

Flank steak = 17

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
okay, can i still be garth

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

a hole-y ghost posted:

so is this the Spaniards take on the classic, 'It's a Wonderful Life' bell quote?

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

HoboZero posted:

Let's beef rank

Flank steak = 17

Let's beef real ranky, go for the full 20

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Vitalis Jackson posted:

That's not quite right, though. I used to sign like this: "Love, Vitalis." But those rat bastard diseased moderators expressed their displeasure by probating me for "signing my name." Those fuckers and their tiny penises and whatnot.

dammit your right, sorry no disrespect meant

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wat

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
I love hotdogs!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

gbaby posted:

I love hotdogs!

gently caress yeah!

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

Luvcow posted:

dammit your right, sorry no disrespect meant

But you guys have to promise to have my back on this, Luvcow, you have to come get me out of probate hell when those moderators engage in their fuckery again, you need to start a FREE VITALIS NOW movement when they come down on me. I count on you. Only you can do this.

LOVE,
VITALIS

P.S. gently caress da mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

gbaby posted:

I love hotdogs!

Sausages, they were.

• Locked thread