Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
the part where the cat killed and ate the four parakeets was really disturbing and drawn out, and the fact the hamster watched and cheered i thought was maybe in bad taste. otherwise i thought it was a pretty ok movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i heard that about 70 animals were killed during the filming as they used motion capture on real animals to film those cgi scenes. supposedly the local shelters were emptied for the production, producers said the animals were just going to die anyways but wow thats hosed up.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
this one dog named "puppers" actually made it through the shoot and this family wanted to adopt him but apparently the director didn't want puppers to become a star so he just point blank shot him in the head on the final day of filming. thats really hosed up.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a hole-y ghost posted:

At least he shot him with a blank, that's more humane I think

dude puppers was just a dog and i guess maybe i typed it wrong but the director blew that loving puppies brains out like some egyptian pharaoh that doesn't want the artists who made his tome to ever create their mastery of art again. it was still an ok movie though.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a hole-y ghost posted:

I think the way you're supposed to shoot a dog is to shoot it with a gun that doesn't have a bullet, like a blank, so instead of shooting it sucks the dogs brain into the gun, that way you don't get mad cow disease (or is it mad dog disease??)

i'll look into this, it's an interesting technique

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm worried about Vitalis' state of mind; he forgot to sign his post!!

i think it bellies the serious nature of this movie and the grim fact that at least 70 animals were killed in it's making

also for those of you who might want to see a classic vitalis post it should look a little something like this:

Vitalis Jackson posted:

We went to see "Secret Life of Pets" tonight and left wondering why the American film industry isn't even trying anymore to cover its contribution to institutionalized racism. Did you see it? WTF was that line about? "That raccoon isn't the real president?" Why did a black guy get hired to do an "urban dialect" to play the part of the thug bunny? And, what was with the torture scene? That movie was hosed up for real. I welcome your input.

-Vitalis Jackson

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a hole-y ghost posted:

You're gonna kill a dog???

gently caress no!

but the makers of this movie killed about 30

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a hole-y ghost posted:

they must have made it in Spain, I heard that if you kill an animal while making a movie there it's normal, so every time you see an animal in a movie that's in Spanish the animal died in real life.

pretty sure thats true, yes

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Vitalis Jackson posted:

That's not quite right, though. I used to sign like this: "Love, Vitalis." But those rat bastard diseased moderators expressed their displeasure by probating me for "signing my name." Those fuckers and their tiny penises and whatnot.

dammit your right, sorry no disrespect meant

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

gbaby posted:

I love hotdogs!

gently caress yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring