Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will fundies think hillary is the whore of babylon if she gets elected
no, op.
who the hell cares why are you asking this
:ghost:
:hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants:
sure, probably. they're always up to something, like ninjas
sure whatever man
libruls!!!!!!!1
you're the whore of babylon, op
god owes me ten american dollars
View Results

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
if hillary gets elected?

i figure that the rage will boil over with them, and they'll want to try to find some way to make their loss more cosmic, like when they called barack obama the anti-christ or a secret reverse gay muslim.

so far, i have not heard anyone use "whore of babylon" seriously as late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
stop watching scifi tv

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh absolutely, and I should know. After all, I am a schizophrenic transsexual that grew up in a cult.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a helpful bear posted:

stop watching the news

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

a helpful bear posted:

stop caring about anything

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
But the 'whore of babylon' was a super obvious reference to the Roman Empire at the time it was written. Surely all good christians are aware of this.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

Now that you mention it, yes. That is a thing that will definitely happen.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Strudel Man posted:

But the 'whore of babylon' was a super obvious reference to the Roman Empire at the time it was written. Surely all good christians are aware of this.

ah-ah-ah, but a common principle of hermeneutics is Multiple Fulfillment, so just because a symbol has one obvious interpretation doesn't mean it can't also mean whatever other dumb poo poo you want

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I'm librul and already think she literally is. The whore of babylon means something very specific when you think about it. Whore in this context pretty well means sellout and babylon is the man and the status quo and boots on faces and poo poo like that. Degenerate society.

That is an accurate portrayal of her politics. And Obama's for that matter. Though I can credit them both for doing their best in interesting times. I'd still rather vote for the whore of babylon than the snake oil salesman, too.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ya

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh absolutely, and I should know. After all, I am a schizophrenic transsexual that grew up in a cult.

same

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cool

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i might vote.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It's so obviously going to happen that I'm certain her team are already working on a response. I'm thinking something like "yeah I'm a whore.... a whore for american values"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I had a prophetic dream with the whore of babylon and tbh while the time is right i'm 99% sure it's not hillary clinton because the whore of babylon shot me in the dead

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

on reflection i could see clinton doing this tbh

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If trump says it she should respond by saying "you couldn't afford me", with reference to his undernourished campaign donations and also his not actually being a billionaire.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I have an uncle who works on her campaign and I heard the first thing she is gonna say in her victory speech is "do you have stairs in your house?":eyepop:

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
I thought the whore of Babylon was a metaphor.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Mukulu posted:

it was a prophecy about YOUR MOOOOM :razz:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mukulu posted:

Lmbo at this dude who never porked the whore of Babylon

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The crazy loving thing is a recounting of a loving shroom trip or fever dream, or it's a code book for "lol gently caress you nero our faith will outlast your empire" and whaddya know john q patmos was right

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mukulu posted:

Yeah, like lipstick on a pig.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it was a prophecy about YOUR MOOOOM :razz:

E: I would have gone with :grin: or :roflolmao: but :razz: is a good old school smiley too

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.

Nooner posted:

Lmbo at this dude who never porked the whore of Babylon

Jokes on you! I'm a virgin!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

hemophilia posted:

The crazy loving thing is a recounting of a loving shroom trip or fever dream, or it's a code book for "lol gently caress you nero our faith will outlast your empire" and whaddya know john q patmos was right

Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Death to Babylonia!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dreddout posted:

Death to Babylonia!

long live the new flesh

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If her campaign somehow ends up going bad enough for trump to gain ground she should try embracing the label by tearfully begging to suck voter's dicks, macgruber style.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
the whore of babylon actually has a heart of gold, as it turns out

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
BLM is running a pretty heavy pro-Trump campaign right now so it won't be an issue probably.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
sheeeee's a dwelling place for deeeeeemons.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zorodius posted:

ah-ah-ah, but a common principle of hermeneutics is Multiple Fulfillment, so just because a symbol has one obvious interpretation doesn't mean it can't also mean whatever other dumb poo poo you want

*nods gayly*

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Only if she jacks up her prices.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Please don't vote. For anyone.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Prediction: she will take a poo poo in the Oval Office for just one chocolate eclair.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
"the whore of babylon" sounds like a great new HBO show

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
That would be like putting lipstick onna pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I think she's an unrepentant criminal and possibly a closet lesbian but I don't think there is anyone out there willing to pay her for sex. So no, not a whore.

• Locked thread