Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

What is this?
It's a digital CCG similar to Hearthstone made by Cygames (Granblue Fantasy and Rage of Bahamut). Currently it's only available on mobile platforms with plans of bringing it to Steam. Shadowverse has officially launched and currently has over 400 cards to collect and play with. If you played Hearthstone you know what to expect. :siren: Use Leapdroid to play on your PC. :siren:

Help I never played Hearthstone what am I even doing?

1. This is your hand. You can have up to 8 cards and any card added to your hand after 8 is destroyed.

2.This is your mana, you get one at the start of every turn.

3. This is the board, each player can have up to 5 followers or amulets on the battlefield at any given time.

4. The life total, starts at 20.

5. Your special resource. Technically does nothing, it's just there as a reminder of your class's mechanics.

6. Evolution meter. Basically turn followers you play into bigger dudes. The player who goes first gets 2 evolution points, and the player who goes second gets 3 evolution points. The player who goes first can evolve followers from their fifth turn, while the player who goes second can evolve followers from their fourth turn. The sphere below shows how many turns are left until you can evolve followers and glows yellow when you are able to. Evolving a follower you played that turn also gets haste but can only attack enemy followers.

1. The cost of the card.

2. The power, shows how much damage it will deal when it attacks.

3. The defense, if this hits 0 or lower it will get destroyed.

4. Abilities, shows what special text a card has.

Spell cards have an effect that activates just once. Unlike followers and amulets, spells don't take up a slot in your area.

Amulet cards have effects that support you in battle. However, they can't attack or be attacked like follower cards. Keep in mind that they count towards the 5 cards you can have on your battlefield.

How do I become king of Animes?

First you gotta pick a class:

Forestcraft strategies use bands of fairies in battle. In the beginning of a match, play cards that fill your hand with Fairies (1-play point 1/1 follower cards). A lot of Forestcraft's power cards have the clause "gain x effect if you played y cards this turn" which plays nicely with your hand full of 1 cost fairies. Either keep throwing fairies at your opponent's followers as pseudo-removal or buff them all and end your opponent with one decisive attack.

Many loyal followers, including commanders and officers, stand at the ready of a Swordcraft leader. This class's strategy is based around these followers. There are cards that can summon multiple officers at once, and commanders that strengthen those officers. Barf out as many efficient dudes as possible and overwhelm your opponent through followers.

Runecraft uses the power of spells against opponents. Cards with Spellboost, their unique mechanic, gives that card an additional effect whenever another spell is played. For example, Wind Blast does 1 damage to a follower plus 1 more for each Spellboost that card had. Spellboost sees all spells you have played while that card was in your hand, not only the spells played that turn. Careful planning and patience is key to a good Runecraft player.

Dragoncraft uses lots of mana to unleash towering followers that can crush their enemies. Stall the opponent in the beginning of the match while collecting play points. From the middle of the match onward, use the accumulated play points to play powerful dragons and dominate the battlefield. Their unique mechanic is Overflow which triggers whenever you are at 7 or more mana. A very slow class but its inevitability punishes most slow hands/decks.

The Shadowcraft class harnesses shadows to utilize the power of Necromancy. Shadow is an expendable resource generated whenever a friendly follower dies so pack your deck full of Last Word followers. Use cards that require Shadow to flood the board with zombies or play followers with super-charged stats.

The strategies used in Bloodcraft center around lowering your leader's defense in order to activate powerful effects. This is balanced out by the ability to restore defense by draining it from your enemies. When a Bloodcraft leader has 10 defense or less, Vengeance takes effect, strengthening many other cards. As a high risk high reward class you will need to know the limits of not only your class but all the others to profitably play this class in any capacity.

The main strategy of Havencraft is to play Countdown amulets which summon followers a few turns after they're played. This gives you the power to overwhelm the opponent by the middle of a match. In the beginning of the match, play amulets and followers that grow stronger during the opponent's turn. In the middle of the match, the amulets' Countdown numbers drop to zero, summoning formidable followers and effects at no additional costs.

A deck must have exactly 40 cards, have no more than 3 copies of a card, and can only be comprised of neutral and class-specific cards.

Currently there is a Story Mode, Ranked mode, Unranked mode, Take Two mode, Private Room mode, and VS AI mode. The story mode rewards cards, gold, and vials so it's worth running through it once. Ranked mode pits you against similar skilled people and the queue times are almost instant.

I just spent two grand on my F2P game of choice, can I even play this?

The game is very generous when it comes to free stuff. Simply making an account gives you 25+ packs and some dust. Like most Asian mobile games you can reroll until you're satisfied with what you pull from your packs. Once you settle on your account, you can do the story for cards, rupees, vials, and Take Two tickets. You can also fight Elite AI for a first time bonus of 200 rupee each.

There is also a log-in reward and a daily mission system.

What is this game's Arena like?

You will choose two sets of two cards fifteen times to make a deck. After the deck is made, you will play 5 games and be rewarded based on your record. You are guaranteed to get one pack regardless of your record.

Give me links.

Shadowverse

Some dude's guide on Shadowverse

Download Shadowverse on PC

Deckbuilder

Friend codes

Tadders: 804 990 701

Tadders fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Reserved.

Sinbios
Sep 26, 2013
So free.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
A new event is up that rewards you with a free Lucifer:

quote:

As a token of our thanks for your continued support, we're sending a copy of the Legendary card Lucifer to everyone who completes the tutorial before 12 midnight, Sep 1, 2016 (PT)! It can be picked up from your crate.

This is a one-time offer so if you know anyone that hasn't played Shadowverse be sure to let them know about this special opportunity!

We will continue to strive to provide the best possible gaming experience for our players.

Shadowverse Team

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

Darkness Evolved has launched and with it comes 109 new cards! To celebrate, everyone gets 10 free DE packs for just logging in. The game is also updated to 1.3.0 which features:

Spectator Mode

Private Matches

New player rewards

Nerf to Homecoming

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
This game deserves more attention than people are giving it.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
If anyone is interested in trying out this game and/or rerolling, now is the ideal time since you get 25 card packs for starting the game

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Which teams are "competitive" and do you have any deck suggestions?
Like a full list of cards I can aim towards.

I like the game but just like Hearthstone there's wayy too much to do.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Here's a recent datamine of the win rates

And you can use this page for a general idea of how to build each class

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/tier-list

The currently meta is focused on midrange decks so dragon suffers alot for it

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I have been doing rerolls using Bluestacks but the xml hack to save previous nonlinked accounts doesn't appear to be working right now (or if it is, I haven't figured out how to root Bluestacks yet so I don't have access to those files). I think I want to try out that high tier Runecraft deck so I'm rerolling for predominantly Runecraft legendaries and golds. However, I think I might also want to try Swordcraft, since that seems a lot more straightforward than trying to do spell chaining.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I don't know about any hacks or whatever but when I rerolled using Bluestacks I first downloaded the Root Browser app. Then using the Root Browser go to data > data > com.cygames.Shadowverse > shared_prefs

The playerprefs.xml is the file you want to delete to reroll, or rename to something else if you want to keep it while continuing to reroll

If you want to go runecraft you really want 2 Merlins or 1 Merlin and a whole lot of other top tier legendaries so you can also play around with other decks

If you want to go swordcraft you want at least 1 Otohime and then a bunch of sword and neutral legendaries. But if you can get 2 Otohimes then you can do very well with the cheap to build https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/mid-range-swordcraft deck

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I rerolled and got like 8 Legendaries cross the board.

Really digging Buff Dracula Bloodcraft. Working toward a Bat spam deck.

How many stages is story mode?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Here's a japanese guide of legendary cards to aim for when you reroll:
https://shadowverse.gamewith.jp/article/show/21126

You want atleast one of the highest tier cards for the deck you're aiming for as well as atleast another one of the high tier cards for your deck just to speed up your progress. Here's a short translated version of that list:

S Tier
Forestcraft: Crystalia Tia* and Ancient Elf
Swordcraft: Otohime
Runecraft: Merlin
Dragoncraft: Forte and Fenrir

A Tier
Bloodcraft: Bloody Mary* and Queen Vampire
Shadowcraft: Lord of Flies* and Cerberus
Havencraft: Enstatued Seraph* and Moon Al-mi'raj
Swordcraft: Aurelia, Regal Saber
Neutral: Dark Angel Olivia*, Odin*, and Lucifer

B Tier:
Runecraft: Sun Oracle Pascale*
Swordcraft: Alexander* and Tsubaki
Dragoncraft: Dragonsong Flute* and Zirnitra
Shadowcraft: Pluto and Lord Atomy
Bloodcraft: Soul Dealer
Neutral: Prince of Darkness and Gabriel

The cards with an asterisk means they come from the expansion card packs

Cross reference with https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/control-swordcraft to make sure your legendaries fit a deck

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 8, 2016

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
What game mode do you recommend newbs play to gain coins and stuff? Take two?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Take Two isn't friendly to newbies because you don't understand enough about the cards and the matchups and there's a whole another set of strategies for which cards to pick. You do have to play Take Two once to unlock daily missions so just go yolo for your first take two. Just play ranked to get experience of the cards in the game and don't worry about ranking down or losing. Coins mainly come from doing your daily missions.

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 8, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

That complicated feel when you do a 5 pack draw and get 4 legendaries but three of them are straight trash. Of course I could liquefy them but I don't have the courage to liquefy legendaries.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I hope they move swiftly with the Steam release. The state of Hearthstone has been frustrating for a while now and if Blizzard were to swing and whiff with the next expansion, I think many would be open to the idea of trying something new.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's a bit of a shame Cygames doesn't hire anyone to advertise outside of Japan since this is pretty good. They spend a poo poo ton of money on magazine, tv, billboard, telephone card ads in Japan but are completely clueless on how easy it is to reach out to the western audience. Minimal investment into twitch ads and streamers and speeding up the steam release would pay off big dividends but I just can't see them prioritizing it.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I kinda put this off since I wasn't happy with how it ran on whatever android emulator I was running and wasn't interesting in looking around for one that worked better. But that leapdroid seems to be fairly good with this!

Think I rolled a few runecraft legendaries which seems to be the rogue equivalent of hearthstone which I was never too good with :argh:.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
First time I'm playing this kind of game and I already netted a few legendaries for my chosen class.

Also wooooooooooooow some of these artworks are straight from Rage of Bahamut.

Edit: Okay new thought, this is just a logical progression of Rage of Bahamut as a huuuuuuuuuuge number of card art I'm seeing it straight from that game.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 10, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Take Two isn't friendly to newbies because you don't understand enough about the cards and the matchups and there's a whole another set of strategies for which cards to pick. You do have to play Take Two once to unlock daily missions so just go yolo for your first take two. Just play ranked to get experience of the cards in the game and don't worry about ranking down or losing. Coins mainly come from doing your daily missions.

You will, as always, pry my arena mode from my cold dead hands.

My first two runs were Dragoncraft, which seems to be relatively moron-proof to draft.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I summon a Titty Elf and cast Upskirt to buff it!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You will, as always, pry my arena mode from my cold dead hands.

My first two runs were Dragoncraft, which seems to be relatively moron-proof to draft.

Dragoncraft is pretty good for take two. As always, decks that rely on combos are terrible in arena so avoid picking runecraft, forestcraft or havencraft in take two.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Since my phone died while I was still messing with things and practicing with Shadowcraft I decided to go through the deck builder and make a shadow deck. Since I never played these kinds of games before what do you guys think?

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...ARI.63MIc.61SDy

It's based off the cards that I own and cards that I want to own and think would work with the style.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I'm assuming you already have the five legendaries in that deck and you just want to use a deck that can implement them all so basically you're running a control style.

Well first you have alot of cards that can use shadow but you don't have alot of shadow generators so I feel like if you use that deck you would be squeezed for shadow most of the time. Second Spartoi Sergeant is really good so you should have 3 of them no matter what kind of deck you're running.

Gravewalker is pretty lovely, 3 health for 5 mana makes it way too vulnerable to alot of abilities and spells, especially havencraft's 3 mana banish which would invalidate its last word. Curse of Rebirth is a pretty slow spell with a mediocre effect that you don't really have anything to combo with. 4 mana for 4/2 makes Malicious Ghost pretty bad especially since you're running control so you could easily have a situation where it's the last to die which effectively wastes its last word effect. Highway to Hell isn't good. Guilty Courier is just bad.

A cornerstone of Control decks is cheap spells that can protect you from aggro decks so you want 3 of foul tempest and undying resentment. Foul Tempest is one of the best spell in the game that other classes would kill you for to have it in their deck and you would be crazy for not running it in a control deck. They're both bronze cards so you got no excuse for not crafting them especially foul tempest.

Play around with it and see how it actually feels. One possible addition you can make is inserting 2 lesser mummies. They're 2 mana for 2/2 which is good, and they have combo potential with Cerberus if you notice you have the shadows to spare later into the matches.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im gonna give this a try, it sounds fun

is there a red/white/green analogy for this game (drop increasingly big dudes on the field)? sounds like dragoncraft might be the way to go, how does that hold up?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Control swordcraft would fit that style of increasingly dropping big dudes to overwhelm but it is one of the most expensive if not the most expensive deck to currently build in the game because of all the legendaries it uses.

Midrange dragoncraft also overwhelms and wins by dropping the 3 big Ds: dudes, dudettes and dragons but the difference compared to control swordscraft is that it uses dragoncraft's unique mechanic of increasing your mana pool so you can drop the big dudes earlier before they can. So midrange dragoncraft is hyper aggressive with big dudes while control swordcraft is gradual. But it's also almost as expensive to build as control swordcraft.

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 10, 2016

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I winded up getting all/most of the runecraft legendaries from the packs I logged just to open whenever there was some promo/event going on.

Love my Gandalfs, they're basically Rag except focused on wiping out minions. Been doing ok with an earth rite deck, got rolled by a swordcraft deck that played leonidas which I'd never seen before. The amulet he leaves behind is bullshit if you don't have a way to remove it, buffs allies with +3/3 and rush.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Control swordcraft would fit that style of increasingly dropping big dudes to overwhelm but it is one of the most expensive if not the most expensive deck to currently build in the game because of all the legendaries it uses.

Midrange dragoncraft also overwhelms and wins by dropping the 3 big Ds: dudes, dudettes and dragons but the difference compared to control swordscraft is that it uses dragoncraft's unique mechanic of increasing your mana pool so you can drop the big dudes earlier before they can. So midrange dragoncraft is hyper aggressive with big dudes while control swordcraft is gradual. But it's also almost as expensive to build as control swordcraft.

midrange dragoncraft is what i was looking for, so it looks like im in, thanks

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's fine to use Gandalf while you're still building towards an optimal deck but just make sure not to fall too in love with him and waste vials crafting a third one and/or build a deck around him because control spellcraft is not a thing at all right now.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I keep getting the worst card draws, always keep getting my 5+ cost cards every 2nd turn.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

want 3 of foul tempest

This is actually pretty drat costly for vials since they're all gold cards.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oh I'm blind, then it's a long term investment since you really want foul tempest for control shadowcraft since it's ideal for dealing with aggro decks

But only if you 100% want to stick to control shadowcraft. Since it's going to cost like 2k vial anyway you might want to only get one first and then decide later only if you want to keep playing control or if you want to try other types of shadowcraft deck, in which case you would want your third Cerberus first which would go in any type of shadowcraft deck

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 10, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Since the first deck I built around what I thought was good came to be a control deck, I want to learn the ins and outs of it first.

Also, Take Two:
I hosed up.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Spell Runecraft deck summed up in three images

Most of the time spell runecraft makes me want to kill myself but when it gets going it
really
gets
going
It's an oppressive slow game of chicken

Even for runecraft games they usually don't go for as long as it did for what I'm showing in the above screenshots but since I was against havencraft I took every precaution possible to guarantee my victory while making their defeat as agonizing as possible.

From left to right for my cards in the last screenshot (X is the # of times the card has been spellboosted)

A 18 - X cost spell card that gives me an extra turn
Two 10 - X cost 7/7 follower card
A 8 - X cost spell card that destroys an enemy follower
A 2 cost spell that does 2 + X damage to an enemy follower
A 4 cost spell that does 5 damage
A 3 cost spell that summons 1 + X 1/1 followers
A 4 cost spell that summons 2 2/2 followers

The game is over the instant I get a turn and he doesn't have more than a single ward on the field or a ward with bane or 9+ damage and magic immunity. I can spend 4 mana for 2 2/2, put down both of my 0 cost 7/7s, evolve any one of them, use my extra turn spell, and do 20 damage during the extra turn.

Why do I need to go this far? Because havencrafts are jerks. They have a 6 cost spell called Themis's Decree that removes everyone from the field making it the ultimate board clearer in the game. In addition to the neutral 5 mana removal spell Dance of Death and their own 5 mana banish spell, they can have up to six to nine removals at their disposal even though most optimal havencraft decks won't run DoD.

I could play more aggressive early on to chip away at her health so I don't need 20 damage during the extra turn to guarantee the win but havencraft has alot of tools to her themselves. If I don't kill during the extra turn they can just use Themis's Decree and slowly heal themselves while draining my little remaining resources with my trump card squandered.

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 10, 2016

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I can't into spell runecraft, its like HS combo rogue all over again :negative:. Been playing some control/E.rites runecraft and doing alright for now. It works ok with a few spellboost cards with all the guardian golems you generate.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Dimension Shift Rune is without a doubt the most unfun and uninteractive deck to play against, although the old Path To Purgatory Forest was about as bad.

It's a shame that the expansion made my favorite deck - Ramp Satan Dragon - not very viable, but I can forgive them because it gave us two viable Blood decks and three viable Haven decks. Havencraft was the class I originally wanted to play, only to find out their only semi-viable deck was Guardian Sun Satan, and well, Dragoncraft just did that same deck better.

Been mostly playing Storm Haven, and it's a really fun deck. I should craft a third Garuda and make a couple of Moon Al-Mi'rajs, but I'm waiting for the meta to stabilize for another week before I spend any of my 20k vials.

I also pulled three Vanias and two Bloody Marys, so Control Blood is tempting to finish crafting, but I only have one Queen Vampire and zero Dire Bonds and Revelations, so it would eat a ton of vials. Midrange Shadow would be pretty cheap to finish crafting, as I already have three Cerberus and two Lords of the Flies... all I'm missing is one Foul Tempest, two Death's Breaths and two Phantom Howls.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My first arena run, final pick I wonder who I should oh would you look at that it's Satan

:getin:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I didn't choose the dshift life, it chose me

I did reroll a second account to play around with last night for the days when runecraft makes me want to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"I'm so hosed up"
- Shinji Ikari

• Locked thread