Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't know why anyone would ever pay for the cards because the game gives you tons by the time you beat the campaign

asking people to actually play through the game is a bit much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
love palyin tomb raider reboots and far cry 4 with my bros on xbox live

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

love palyin tomb raider reboots and far cry 4 with my bros on xbox live

This.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I really liked the the 2013 one and I'm playing through the sequel right now. It seems like they added a lot more systems to upgrade and stuff.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Frank Eufemia posted:

I really liked the the 2013 one and I'm playing through the sequel right now. It seems like they added a lot more systems to upgrade and stuff.

i love to upgrade

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frank Eufemia posted:

They did that because there's no straight up better guns now. So you see upgrades that aren't even applicable for the pump shotgun or whatever because the auto shotgun is a side grade now

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe
the first reboot sucks dicks (its a cover shooter with cinematics) and Rise is alright I guess... imho the best is Anniversary . well laters

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a clown posted:

the first reboot sucks dicks (its a cover shooter with cinematics) and Rise is alright I guess... imho the best is Anniversary . well laters

cya

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
goatcya

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

If you mean the ones in the style of the old ones, just modernized then yeah I think their cool and Lara looks very spicy indeed in them. The ones that are just Far Cry 3 seem fail from what I played though.

Still can't believe that dude from gausswerks forum got to design the larfa reboot, she doed look spicey and the firt game wa ok but the 2nd game i got sick off. Well peace

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
maybe if you people used the actual titles of the games you could hold a coherent conversation... Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniverseray are the games that Wormskull is talking about, and yes, they owned. One of the new ones (2013? 2015? who cares) came with my video card and it was about as engaging as the rear end creed V Black Flag. Not

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
some of the best back flips and "climbing up from the edge of a cliff" animations in all of gaming

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the way you spend so much of the game climbing slowly up a cliff face/running somewhere while in no danger whatsoever, with explosions and stuff happening around you and canned animations playing to make you feel like Lara is in peril of falling or whatever, is really condescending to me and makes me angry

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

maybe if you people used the actual titles of the games you could hold a coherent conversation... Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniverseray are the games that Wormskull is talking about, and yes, they owned. One of the new ones (2013? 2015? who cares) came with my video card and it was about as engaging as the rear end creed V Black Flag. Not

Calm down Poindexter.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Calm down Poindexter.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

So loving accurate.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Calm down Poindexter.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Calm down Poindexter.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Facts

Anybody play Tomb Raider GO, is it good or does it have mobile game AIDS?

Oh yeah and the Lara Croft diablo clone (Tomb of Darkness??)was great, except for the fact that my one weird clingy friend wouldn't leave my appartment until we beat the whole thing, it was fun but uh kinda weird

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The GO games are cool, and they're just normal games where you buy them and then get to have fun playing them. I've only play Hitman GO but it's a decent little puzzle game.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Are they all the same premise but with different IP stuff thrown in or are the conceptually different games?

I saw the Deus Ex one advertised but I couldn't really grasp what the heck was going on in the video.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
i might pick up the DX one, but on the other hand sega 3D classics are on sale... my wallet...

e VVVV thanks, i bought 3D Gunstar Heroes, Space Harrier, and Streets of Rage 2

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 19, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently the deus ex one kinda sucks.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Are they all the same premise but with different IP stuff thrown in or are the conceptually different games?

I saw the Deus Ex one advertised but I couldn't really grasp what the heck was going on in the video.

Well, they're not identical games & there's actual effort put forward to integrate the IP into the mechanics of the game but also they do sorta operate as a series. So like, Tomb Raider GO is a sequel to Hitman GO as well as a way 2 integrate Tomb Raider mechanics/style into the turn based puzzle format of Hitman GO.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got 100% on tomb raider go lol. it's even better than hitman go

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I don't think the Tomb Raider reboot games, or quite frankly any games, are good.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

bedpan posted:

I don't think the Tomb Raider reboot games, or quite frankly any games, are good.

LMFAO!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

wait, Cool Spot and Toejam and Earl 1 and 2 were pretty good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bedpan posted:

wait, Cool Spot and Toejam and Earl 1 and 2 were pretty good

Why do all the people who are worried about being called gamers think "Toejam and Earl was p. good" always.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Why do all the people who are worried about being called gamers think "Toejam and Earl was p. good" always.

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

toejam and earl is the vinyl record of gaming

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Wormskull posted:

dunno but I have good memories of playing toejam and earl when I was young

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

bedpan posted:

Shut the gently caress up, dipshit.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

bedpan posted:

poo poo, looks like this guy passed the test. alarm down boys

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

bedpan posted:

:wowgaboh:

e: hm. I thought for sure we had an emote for Watch Out We've Got A Badass Over Here by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

bedpan posted:

Don't post here

• Locked thread