Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they have a midnight release but i work till 630am, owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Capcom rep confirmed a 9AM PST/12PM EST release on gaf :(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

C-Euro posted:

Capcom rep confirmed a 9AM PST/12PM EST release on gaf :(

Yeah Capcom guy just posted it on Twitter too..... Bummer

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
I don't like monster hunter games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just got this, gonna spend the whole day hunting it up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are still pointless mandatory gather quests at the start, cool

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
Where the gently caress is monster hunter

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
Monster hunter is here now.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bobnumerotres posted:

there are still pointless mandatory gather quests at the start, cool

They dont even have the courtesy to have a tigrex chase you through one.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

let's play monster hun ter together friends

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Doctor Goat posted:

playing as a felyne is fun and cool adn if you could rodeo the new goats itd be the best thing ever

the head of the meownster hunters is dressed up as a musketeer and is named d'artanyan

What the gently caress.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That cat name pun is phenomenal.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I played as a cat and its really fun. the more you hit monsters, the more your special gauge builds up and you can use cat specific items which are treated more like skills and I killed the great maccao by lobbing a huge barrel bomb into it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

I should give my circle pad pro another shot but I always end up using the claw anyway.

I can't wait for NX, I put 150 hours into 4U and would've done twice that easily if it wasn't so uncomfortable to play on 3ds.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tender Bender posted:

I can't wait for NX, I put 150 hours into 4U and would've done twice that easily if it wasn't so uncomfortable to play on 3ds.

has there been anything about monster hunter for nx? i'm getting generations anyway but dream of console mh

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no one knows what the NX even is

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

been playing for 5 hours straight

cat is so badass

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Trying out Greatsword for the first time and Aerial style is so much fun. I'm sure it's cool bouncing around with the fast weapons but it's extremely satisfying to vault off of a Jaggi's head and then slam into the ground like a meteor

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

06-6830-4330-2097 join us

8008 pass

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

drat I gotta work for the next few hours but when I get out I'll post my code and get up with y'all. Just put in my 2 weeks at work too so I should have plenty of time to game :toot:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

why the gently caress is cephadrome one of the first monsters you can fight lol. and he is 100% as awful as he was in mh4u i.e. plesioth but worse

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i do like that the game's not messing around at the start. the first big monster you hunt hacks off a third of your health with big hits, and he has an interesting varied moveset.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

i do like that the game's not messing around at the start. the first big monster you hunt hacks off a third of your health with big hits, and he has an interesting varied moveset.

Yeah also maybe I just got lucky picking the "key" ones (I hate they still don't label that poo poo) but I only had to do 2 gathering quests to open up the urgent quest for HR2 and now I have like 5 pages of quests available across 4 zones lol. I'm a little overwhelmed and I don't know where to start but it's a great feeling. Guess it's time to start reading up on armor sets .... I think Jaggi looks like the first available Attack+??

Edit: the gathering quests I did were uhhh I think the second one on the list (look at the descriptions, it's the one issued by the Wycademy) and then it unlocked one to gather some abyssal mushrooms and then onwards to monster hunting. Also I carted twice on that urgent quest but in my defense I'm super rusty and had never used a Greatsword before..... Really really not used to being able to block

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 16, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

I think they realize that a bunch of the people getting the game are old heads at it and crave challenge as soon as possible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is my first time playing mh without a completed wiki and its annoying. the weapon trees should be ingame

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

this is my first time playing mh without a completed wiki and its annoying. the weapon trees should be ingame

You're a pioneer

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Homework Explainer posted:

has there been anything about monster hunter for nx? i'm getting generations anyway but dream of console mh

Nothing concrete. Apparently in a recent shareholder thing Capcom is expecting an "unannounced" monster hunter game launching by the end of the fiscal year (same time frame as the NX was given) to sell 2 million copies, and if the NX is a portable/home console hybrid then it'd almost definitely have the next Monhun game. I dream of console mh too friend

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah also maybe I just got lucky picking the "key" ones (I hate they still don't label that poo poo)

Bobnumerotres posted:

Download the MHGen Database app by gathering hall studios, those guys are loving saints. Although the way every weapon can now upgrade to endgame quality while keeping it's original appearance makes the weapon trees a mess to scroll through now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

I think everything's up on that one site..... Not a wiki exactly but kiranico or whatever? It may still have fan translations for item/quest names and stuff instead of the official localized ones but you can mostly figure everything out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

8008 pass

I thought this was a friend code until I realized the digits aren't right. Is it a room code or something? Is that all we need to play with each other, everyone doesn't have to be friends? Played literally once or twice online with some randos but 99% of my MH4U multiplayer experience was locally with my roommate so I'm a little rusty on how the Internet stuff works.

Also if enough people in here are playing we should rly make a discord room ......... Even though the depth of the Monster Hunter gesture system is rivaled only by Dark Souls you don't really have many ways to communicate in-game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Either way I want some more 3DS friends my FC is 4098 4646 0443 please hit me up

Tender Bender posted:

Download the MHGen Database app by gathering hall studios, those guys are loving saints. Although the way every weapon can now upgrade to endgame quality while keeping it's original appearance makes the weapon trees a mess to scroll through now.

Are you on Android? Not seeing this on iOS anywhere. Although their app for 4U is up so hopefully the Gen one will be available soon ..... I still have plenty of basic poo poo to catch back up on before I worry about setting up skills and poo poo tho so I'm in no rush. It's way more fun than I thought it would be learning a new weapon (made it almost to the end of HR in 4U basically using nothing but Hammer) so maybe this game I'll swap around a little more and experiment with some others. Probably never switching out of Aerial style, though, sorry. Is mounting monsters still as effective in Gen as it was in 4U?? So far it's been really helpful but I imagine it's got to drop off eventually because it's soooooo different having Aerial Style and being able to do it whenever and wherever instead of relying on terrain to jump on dudes

goferchan fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 16, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just got to mhtri's d. island

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Either way I want some more 3DS friends my FC is 4098 4646 0443 please hit me up

I think I added you ages ago for sm4sh 3ds. anyway my fc is 1950-7970-5908 and I'll be hunting all day probably.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when do you get access to a farm? i tried looking it up and cant find the answer

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

id love to give a poo poo about monster hunter but im not there yet

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna get this today

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

Are you on Android? Not seeing this on iOS anywhere. Although their app for 4U is up so hopefully the Gen one will be available soon .....

Yea sorry apparently they haven't got it out on ios yet

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

goferchan posted:

I thought this was a friend code until I realized the digits aren't right. Is it a room code or something? Is that all we need to play with each other, everyone doesn't have to be friends? Played literally once or twice online with some randos but 99% of my MH4U multiplayer experience was locally with my roommate so I'm a little rusty on how the Internet stuff works.

Also if enough people in here are playing we should rly make a discord room ......... Even though the depth of the Monster Hunter gesture system is rivaled only by Dark Souls you don't really have many ways to communicate in-game

Use the imp discord

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

id love to give a poo poo about monster hunter but im not there yet

It's really draining. Having a wiki open is basically required because the game doesn't really tell you what's going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
what's the critical path to move through the SP stuff as quickly as possible? i didn't have much time to play this last night and my OCD is gonna make me just go down the SP quest list in order unless told otherwise

NickRoweFillea posted:

Use the imp discord

link?

• Locked thread