Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the bubble monster is super cool looking but its really easy lol. even makes bubbles that heal you and give you attack boosts wth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im glad capturing monsters is still insanely annoying and as inconvenient as possible and theyve made no changes to how it works in 10 years

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

im glad capturing monsters is still insanely annoying and as inconvenient as possible and theyve made no changes to how it works in 10 years

well you can skill cats for traps at least now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

well you can skill cats for traps at least now

from what ive seen they will always put the trap in a corner that may even be out of bounds for the zone, and since you cant order them to do it or save their stam for it its worthless lol

all of the cap issues would be fixed if you could just pick up your drat traps again but oh well

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

drat the astalos is cool as hell. that meteor stomp attack is awesome

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I wanna play, mp mh ne1?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

I wanna play, mp mh ne1?

i just played for like 3 hours straight -____-

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

good god these credits are long. cmon it was just low rank

e: wow lr isnt over yet. actually get to fight the godmons in lr thats cool

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 23, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I wanna play, mp mh ne1?

I can, i'm only on HR1 though. workin on an assignment but get on discord and i can stop working on it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wish armor skills were better. it's weird to have so many sets i dont want to wear

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all of the LR sets only give you one skill and half of another, its extremely lame lol i remember back in tri every armor set had 2-3 skills

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I wanna play, mp mh ne1?

I'll play with you later tonight if you can wait a few hours

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

all of the LR sets only give you one skill and half of another, its extremely lame lol i remember back in tri every armor set had 2-3 skills

I made like 6 full sets of LR armor in 3U and as a result never made it past like the intro to HR before 4U came out.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i remember that poison jaggi set that made you look like a badass cowboy, and it gave you poison immunity, sharpness, and i think atk up. it was crucial

all the armor sets in this one look really cool but i cant think of any i absolutely need. you can mix bulldrome and jaggi parts for atk up L really early but you look like a clown

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i miss gigginox. it was way cooler than this dumb khezu thing that fights like all the other small wyverns

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i miss gigginox. it was way cooler than this dumb khezu thing that fights like all the other small wyverns

Better armor aesthetic as well. LR = Vampires, HR = Priests.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

i remember that poison jaggi set that made you look like a badass cowboy, and it gave you poison immunity, sharpness, and i think atk up. it was crucial

all the armor sets in this one look really cool but i cant think of any i absolutely need. you can mix bulldrome and jaggi parts for atk up L really early but you look like a clown

Wroggi armor was loving badass and I wish they'd bring it back

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i never want to fight a kirin again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i never want to fight a kirin again

Use a bowgun next time

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sometimes I wish they'd bring back the weird monsters like Yama Tsukami and stuff like that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Use a bowgun next time

i thought it was annoying until he raged and his entire body except the nose pixel bounced and he did not stand still for a second, just constant lightning shotguns and charge attacks. epic design

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
when i fought kirin in mhfu i used sandman spike and a shitload of bombs. it was not elegant but it worked very well

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i thought it was annoying until he raged and his entire body except the nose pixel bounced and he did not stand still for a second, just constant lightning shotguns and charge attacks. epic design

I normally fight him with the greatsword to bypass the bouncing but my friends swear by the bowguns. mounting helps of course

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

killed nakarkos and uncapped my hr last night.. now the real monhun begins

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wow, the SP stops at LR. you get to fight the true magala and the fated 4 in a gauntlet but HR is multi only. thats really disappointing

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
there's HR stuff in single player l think but it requires you to get to HR online

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

game decided to dump gold crown deviljho on me the first time i try to hunt him

i really like the way different size scaling can change the feel of a fight. 3u had a bunch of dlc quests that messed with the scaling my favorite was one with an uragaan that only came up to your guy's shins but would kick your rear end anyway

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
felt like its jay leno slams still had the hitbox of the regular sized gaan, it was the best

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how about the event XL duramboros that couldnt even fit inside the zones

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peSsBI0R6-s&t=30s its so big it fucks with your depth perception lmao

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Kyle's reaction towards everything is just as magical the crew's Brooklyns :allears:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th

im gong to the chicago, one

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

wanna play this

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

wanna play this

Me too

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

ok lets

the room ID is 32-8265-1221-2450

Sofia Coppola_OD_ fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 2, 2016

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

instead of playing this i'm going to play mh4u i bought 2 years ago and never played

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mh4u is super good, and im sure theres still people on it online

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I ended up continuing MH4U instead of getting this and burned through 9* village in a few nights. I have like one thing left and then I'm on 10*, dunno if I'll finish it though because it seems like I'd have to grind out some weapons/armor and I dunno if I want to spend the time when everyone is talking about how fun Gen is.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tender Bender posted:

I ended up continuing MH4U instead of getting this and burned through 9* village in a few nights. I have like one thing left and then I'm on 10*, dunno if I'll finish it though because it seems like I'd have to grind out some weapons/armor and I dunno if I want to spend the time when everyone is talking about how fun Gen is.

most of the 10* village missions are gated behind G-rank progress so if you're good to go on the multiplayer front then 10* should be ok too

and yes i also plan on going back to 4U eventually, i never got to Gold Crown online and i want those Fatalis CBs dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i played briefly w/ sofia but i wanna play more of this. i wont be able to tonight probably but tomorrow looks good

• Locked thread