Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Drunk & Ugly posted:

seems to be a problematic matter, does anyone feel like sharing any words on the fact that none of us seem to care about any particular thing, or perhaps even give one or two fucks

Please step up to the podium and explain yosef thank you

Ignorance is a crushing weight under which an idealistic but narcissistic person that means well will be pressed and cubed into a cynical nihilistic hillary clinton or But lacking any sense of morals or justice in mankind or the universe means you can effectively outmaneuver someone that isn't a near carbon copy of you.

In politics, where ignorance and misinformation is how a majority of careers are made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

overtly oppressive regimes know this from a monarchs distrust of peasant rabble to Lenin and Stalin absolutely strangling and controlling world and domestic narrative and basically disallowing opposition was probably rooted in a well meaning attempt to preserve an ideal against the kind of misinformation and ignorance but they create their own depressing cube sociopath

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Zahgaegun posted:

I come to GBS as relief from The Relentless Grind of Modern Society, where I can share quips and puns and gallows humor and the kind of joke that intentionally utilizes run on sentences for comedic effect and brag about how much I can lift and revel in the absurdity of it all.

I care but I'm not dumb enough to type a thousand words about Serious Issues on this dumb, gay internet forum for comedy praise lowtax.

People who seriouspost should be put into the ovens that power the generators that run the servers for idiots fighting in Facebook comments.

Thanks for listening fnord

Go to the weed thread

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Nihilism is where all the new atheists of yesteryear have arrived at much like their parents

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Its diglet

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tonsured posted:

i have a magic rock no you can't have it it's mine and it's magic and everything good about my life I owe to this rock I believe one day maybe you'll find something that will make you as happy as my magic rock makes me

You have a soul haha sorry duuude.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Zombie Boat posted:

Congrats on starting your first philosophy class, op

my class started with apology and on method and i didn't even finish it i was like that's enough and it was true.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

lollin at people who pay money to take a class where some guy is paid to tell people how money and ecverything else is pointless

The syllabus didnt have niezche or any nihilism. It was Plato Descartes Heidegger and something else i dont care or remember but the professor probably didn't have nihilism on his mind

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the problem is that there are deeper meanings and you can't even escape that so idk lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

if there are any deeper meanings they are immaterial anyway because our dumb monkey brains would never be able to comprehend them

thats a terrible assumption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Applewhite posted:

Oh yeah like what?

God is real souls are real hope this helps

• Locked thread