Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chapo should do another deep dive on the jfk assassination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I know April consistently goes out of her way to be as off-putting as possible, but I am just smitten by her antics every time. :allears:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ugh not Poppy again these episodes suck

operator detected

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ugh not Poppy again these episodes suck

https://x.com/jakeures/status/1773562224075804825?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

i say swears online posted:

chapo should do another deep dive on the jfk assassination

I recently relistened to their watch episode of JFK, which is still hilarious, and they would no doubt go much further in the direction of “this was an inside job” than they did back then.

But I still don’t find GWHB all that compelling of a figure

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Mike N Eich posted:

I recently relistened to their watch episode of JFK, which is still hilarious, and they would no doubt go much further in the direction of “this was an inside job” than they did back then.

I think GHWB is kind of a Forest Gump figure; he keeps showing up in ways that are really useful to illustrate the larger tendencies and movements he was working for or against. He was an oil man, a defense man, a spy, a president, and a sex pest. That’s America.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

the vaguely conspiracy theory episodes are some of my last favorites by far. unless the guest is good they are a good skip.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

There's nothing vague about GHWB being at the center of some of the worst things this country did while he was alive

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

selec posted:

I think GHWB is kind of a Forest Gump figure; he keeps showing up in ways that are really useful to illustrate the larger tendencies and movements he was working for or against. He was an oil man, a defense man, a spy, a president, and a sex pest. That’s America.

there are better comparisons than to the moron who didn't know what he was getting into

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mike N Eich posted:

he's interesting because on paper he is the single most qualified person to ever hold the office. not saying he was good obviously, but his resume is impeccable in terms of being qualified to be president. and then he only got 1 term despite winning a war and being on top of the world for a bit

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He aint worth four episodes.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
You guys are nuts. MSJ is a god tier guest.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I'm enjoying this more than some of the earlier Poppy episodes. I think it's all fascinating stuff, but when they were talking about the CIA and Zapata, some of that stuff just slides off my brain. It's hard to keep track of all those more-or-less identical high society meritocrats who are all named Joe or George when they're not named Prescott.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I enjoy the Poppy stuff but it doesn't hit the same without our big Midwestern boy

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Brendan and Matt not being on the show anymore is really starting to show as it drags on. The only "extras" will wants to do is stupid movie bullshit and Felix is doing his best to even show up for basic eps

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there gonna be a movie mindset this week?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

Wasn't there gonna be a movie mindset this week?

God I hope not

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Remember when they did livestreams?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

movies rule

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Yea the movie eps are great. You guys are wild.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

like I've genuinely been exposed to some really unique movies I'd never have thought of checking out with movie mindset. their curation is actually really sick. Barfly was a drat gem.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

terrorist ambulance posted:

Brendan and Matt not being on the show anymore is really starting to show as it drags on. The only "extras" will wants to do is stupid movie bullshit and Felix is doing his best to even show up for basic eps

Stop listening then

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Drinks! Drinks for my friends!!!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Do the guys who listen to podcasts at 2x speed also try to watch movies that way

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

terrorist ambulance posted:

This show sucks lately. Oh, a new episode is up *clicks start and hops into the thread to complain about it*

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i swear if they do 14 or 15 more bad episodes i might have to stop listening

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Brendan hasn't been on for like 8 years

edit: I'm enjoing felix's most recent obsessions

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Routinely wonder what living in Felix's head for a day would be like. Like reading a story about Jesus and somehow thinking "ah yes, just like Ace Combat 7." Even as a bit, the ability to make that connection...

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Wolfsheim posted:

Do the guys who listen to podcasts at 2x speed also try to watch movies that way

Real pros just read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Seams posted:

that's right

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Seams posted:

I havent actually watched a movie in a decade

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Chad Jihad posted:

Brendan hasn't been on for like 8 years

edit: I'm enjoing felix's most recent obsessions

he’s been deprived of a MGS for too long

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
Brendan was just on when they launched Blowback S4 a few months ago, it certainly hasnt been years

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Seams posted:

Those are wrong sometimes though.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr. Grinch posted:

Brendan was just on when they launched Blowback S4 a few months ago, it certainly hasnt been years

he's been gone so long this dude doesn't even know he was Chris Prime

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Androies posted:

Routinely wonder what living in Felix's head for a day would be like. Like reading a story about Jesus and somehow thinking "ah yes, just like Ace Combat 7." Even as a bit, the ability to make that connection...

Dude is mad autistic but sometimes it works its way out as inspired comedic connections, you just gotta let the man cook

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

well why not posted:

he’s been deprived of a MGS for too long

A man deprived of his franchise…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I still like the show and will keep drinking that garbage but I think it's pretty undeniable that CTH became popular because they hit on a good dynamic and not because, or not just because, they were one of the first. The show absolutely does suffer for want of the passionate Marxist analysis/yelling Christman brought to the table, and I hope his recovery is speedy and complete and he's back on soon. That said I love the movie mindsets. I am a movie mindset sicko. 10000 movie mindset episodes. gently caress the haters. they can never achieve movie mindset.