Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

emdash posted:

Lol one of the offsite LFs is mentioned in the mailbag

I'm super annoyed that I can't find that thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The fact that the opening was also a reference to one of the funniest bits on any podcast ever was also pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZicomCP3gM

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the premium ep (15) with Roqayah on bourgeois feminism is so goddamn funny

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Puppy Galaxy posted:

But you said it's good???

:downsrim:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
premium is Worth The Five Bucks. chapo gray wolves 4 lyfe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

At the moment the only thing stopping me from getting into that is that Patreon isn't fond of my paypal and my portuguese debit card.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

did they reference the "permabanned poster n*ggerstomper58" post at one point or is my brain just broken? i think someone said "i'm permabanned user .." and trailed off.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Puppy Galaxy posted:

did they reference the "permabanned poster n*ggerstomper58" post at one point or is my brain just broken? i think someone said "i'm permabanned user .." and trailed off.

They've definitely made tweets to that effect, scroll through my post history ITT. (Sorry I'm phone posting or I'd dig it up for you).

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

During the JPod bit in I wanna say episode 7, talking about the Town And Country profile that called him the funniest guy on twitter.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Kunster posted:

At the moment the only thing stopping me from getting into that is that Patreon isn't fond of my paypal and my portuguese debit card.

MBNet works if you set one of those repeating cards.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Kunster posted:

De Crecio!

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Yeah, but I wanna just use my paypal balance for internet crap. Paypal for internet stuff, debit for everything else.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

lf lives matter

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

oh no...

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Huh. I'd kind of wondered where Angry Black Lady went after leaving Balloon Juice, so now I know.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
in case you've been following or interested in Cum Town, their latest episode interviewing David Cross is very very bad.

unfunny and trying to share headphones during the interview so it is completely awkward and uninteresting

edit: basically I'm chiming in that Chapo is great and I'm a proud Gray Wolf subscriber, but a lot of the podcasts they push are lovely.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 20, 2016

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
cum town is good and they were doing a bit and loving with david cross and it was good.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Under the vegetable posted:

cum town is good and they were doing a bit and loving with david cross and it was good.

actually this last episode of cumtown was extremely bad

I enjoy it overall but it's spotty and this week was garbage.

edit: there is a lot of difference between we're doing a bit hahaha and objectively bad and boring, which was most of this last episode

it's ironic! they have a really bad and awkward interview! laugh out loud!

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 20, 2016

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

premium is Worth The Five Bucks. chapo gray wolves 4 lyfe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0

quote:

WWE.COM: What do you call the gesture? A couple of different names are out there.

NASH: We call it the Turkish Wolf. That’s what The Kliq calls it.
AKP confirmed

Chapo adjacent podcast talk:

Cum Town has abominable lows but eps 9 and 10 were good.
Street Fight is weird and hard to recommend but I'm very into it.
Delete Your Account is dry and not fun. Roqayah is a good writer but I haven't listened in weeks.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Pellisworth posted:

actually this last episode of cumtown was extremely bad

I enjoy it overall but it's spotty and this week was garbage.

edit: there is a lot of difference between we're doing a bit hahaha and objectively bad and boring, which was most of this last episode

it's ironic! they have a really bad and awkward interview! laugh out loud!

actually, in fact, it was quite good

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i didn't really "get" the first half of that ep of Cum Town, but it broke my brain in such a way that much of the second half became hilarious

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The chapo dudes refer to Sean as vilerat, so which goons are they?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Sir Tonk posted:

The chapo dudes refer to Sean as vilerat, so which goons are they?

i must have missed this, when (or where) was it?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

emdash posted:

i must have missed this, when (or where) was it?

multiple times, definitely in the street fight 13 hours episode but maybe a few more times since

basically felix and matt were/are goons or know of the goon bs that has gone on in the past, i am not sure about will

either way shout outs boys, dnd is prob one of the few reasons i kept up with this place for better or worse

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
If I Patreon them, I get access to all the old exclusive eps, right?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

super fart shooter posted:

If I Patreon them, I get access to all the old exclusive eps, right?

They put links to all the old exclusives in the subscriber emails when they post the new ones, so you might have to wait a couple days, but yeah.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Nah all the old ones are accessible on the Soundcloud and Patreon pages as soon as you pledge. I haven't even been charged yet and I've already listened to the whole backlog.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Hulk Krogan posted:

Nah all the old ones are accessible on the Soundcloud and Patreon pages as soon as you pledge.

Yeah technically I haven't been charged yet but I have access to them all.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh. Good to hear they figured out how to use Patreon.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I have to listen to Cum Town now, David Cross is only funny when he's owning himself.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

chapo boys, please know we'd welcome you all back from the gym with open arms

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
my favorite part of cum town this week is Nick trying to say the podcast isn't just comedians, and admits the last guest is his roommate while barely getting out what she actually does.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/756130903215276032

:frogsiren:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

rekt

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:eyepop:

Whoa

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
They appear to be indistinguishable from the Filmdrunk Frotcast guys. Are they the same people?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

They appear to be indistinguishable from the Filmdrunk Frotcast guys. Are they the same people?

Frotcast guys are on the other side of the country, so I doubt it.

E: I totally get what you mean though, Will is Vince, Matt is the one who does the karaoke, and Felix is one of the guys whose name begins with B that I can never tell apart.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lmao I figured he would see this.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GalacticAcid posted:

The Rhizzone is a guilty pleasure of mine.

it's good. did it get a mention in a premium ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Homework Explainer posted:

it's good. did it get a mention in a premium ep

it was in the mailbag at the tail end of ep 24, see top of this page