Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Not enough allegories for Turkish politics, is this even a DC universe movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Holy poo poo I read this today and didn't realize it was him

Does anyone remember which episode had the gathering of the juggalos intro

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Regular Nintendo posted:

Holy poo poo I read this today and didn't realize it was him

Does anyone remember which episode had the gathering of the juggalos intro

24, I think.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The most Felix paragraph of all time?

quote:

Digger Harkness/Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney): Offsetting concerns that the film is using crude racial science to inform its characters, Digger Harkness shows that David Ayer has advanced theories on white Australians, too. Digger may have the name of a Vine star, but he is the most stereotypical Australian man alive. He is inherently criminal, an alcoholic, rude, and racist. Digger represents the viewer of the film, who is also all of these things.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
I love Sam Kriss

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Uncuck the polls

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I normally don't like this cliche, but Ross Douthat is just transparently gay as hell. He's like a pseudo intellectual version of Mac from It's Always Sunny.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://twitter.com/IllyBocean/status/762527159004999681

new ep out

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
God the adventures of Rawdog Ross are unbearably hilarious

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

GalacticAcid posted:

God the adventures of Rawdog Ross are unbearably hilarious

yeah this episode was fantastic, I can't believe that story about going to Smith is real. Or, I can't until I remember it's Ross

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Is this the first time something awful has been mentioned by name?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
As far as I can remember, yes.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"It's like if H.P. Lovecraft wrote a love scene."

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I normally don't like this cliche, but Ross Douthat is just transparently gay as hell. He's like a pseudo intellectual version of Mac from It's Always Sunny.
One of the funniest understated moments from Episode 3 was the long pause after referencing Ross's dorm art of Gladiator and Audrey Hepburn. No commentary needed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i liked the part where they read him being friendzoned and then him having to bring hookups to girls instead of being the hookup.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Joementum posted:

"It's like if H.P. Lovecraft wrote a love scene."

I lost it at this part. So good.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My favorite part is baby Ross being "a pestilence upon his family" and Damien from the Omen.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

One of the funniest understated moments from Episode 3 was the long pause after referencing Ross's dorm art of Gladiator and Audrey Hepburn. No commentary needed.

What's the timestamp on that line in episode 3? I don't remember that.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Corek posted:

My favorite part is baby Ross being "a pestilence upon his family" and Damien from the Omen.

What's the timestamp on that line in episode 3? I don't remember that.
1:25:50

"Ross's college dorm room was adorned with posters of classic female icons of the golden age of Hollywood and Gladiator. Right?"
"Yes."
"I did just hear that?"
"Yes."
"We'll move on."

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Welp, I've heard every screen name I'll ever use in the last ep. Good to wrap that up.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Anyone got the post Felix referenced in the last ep? I vaguely remember it

Also fix the font on Cafe, it is bad

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

quote:

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

"Getting women" as if they are objects to do what? gently caress them and forget about it? Some life. "Getting women" improves your social status amongst those who hi-five people for being "playa"s. Who gives a drat about being more social amongst those vapid wastes of food and employment?

Video games are a great way to have fun, and enjoy things that are availible to you in life. Not only this, but the making of a game is an art form - by playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, loving some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.

You get the benefit of enjoying an experience that billions of people haven't already done to death. You get the benefit of enjoying an art form. Notice here that I am not approaching games as some h4rdc0r3 EL THREE THREE TEE jerk - I'm going about it in ways much like a movie buff would appreciate film. For tangible benefits, in competitive games, you are constantly pushed to not only complete a task, but learn to do it better and better. You learn to be quick on your feet, smart, and precise.

Oh, and popular television gives you a point of conversation with the lowest common denominator of people. And we all know that mediocrity is something to strive for, am I right?

The poster was probably Kimani? I had to google that so I had to fix the "gently carass" part up there since I don't have archives.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

When I heard it I thought it was meant ironically.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Classic Fragmaster reading of that from over 10 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgbgpsNUn1I

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
loving has been done to death, but how many people can say they've beaten Ruby Weapon?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

I just noticed Urkel is doing the ol bicep bump in this picture. That sly dog

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Corek posted:

Classic Fragmaster reading of that from over 10 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgbgpsNUn1I

Oh my god I haven't listened to this since probably 2007 and I am loving hyperventilating.

I hope they were serious when they mentioned doing a Suicide Squad review with Matt Brady.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ron Jeremy posted:

When I heard it I thought it was meant ironically.

You can read the whole article here, shadowcatboy white-knighting child rape is especially :stare:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

After weeks of telling my friends to listen to this (it's pretty hard to recommend a podcast to most people), I finally got a text from one like "holy poo poo Chapo is great." Another of my friends was reluctant to start listening because he's concerned his wife, despite holding similarly leftist views, thinks listening to leftist podcasts might set him off and have him try to assassinate a billionaire or something.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Joe Scarborough just said "the party of Ron Fournier died" this morning. But we love that Ron :(

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/CHAPOTRAPHOUSE/status/762673949339750400

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Another SA reaction:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/763815900269215744

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Gods of Egypt lol

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
the latest premium episode is soooooo quiet jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Thom and the Heads posted:

the latest premium episode is soooooo quiet jesus christ

Most won't hear this

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Most won't hear this

https://twitter.com/theshrillest/status/763877566692233217

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Think they fixed the volume on Friday's premium ep

Pretty funny episode too

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
how are they pulling down erotic videogame money on patreon but the show still sounds like its recorded on a acorn

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
None of them are good with computers except the producer and he can't control all factors I guess

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

emdash posted:

None of them are good with computers except the producer and he can't control all factors I guess

I deeply respect not being good at computers but i hope they at least get decent microphones and compress the audio or at least get everyones volume roughly the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Also a lot of major podcasts are people in one room, but they're all in different cities (except for the few live shows). The 12,000 is split four ways to each of the guys plus their producer.

Corek fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 14, 2016