Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Screaming toddler drone attack helicopters is gonna sit with me for a good while. gently caress. Me.

I don't know. I have no doubt that Israel is committing atrocities against civilians using armed drones, but adding "crying children to lure people out" sounds similar to a bunch of other wartime urban legends that spread among traumatized and frightened people. It's bad enough, it doesn't need the added sensationalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Anecdotal evidence is a kind of evidence: I knew a guy who was Army PsyOps back in the early aughts who gleefully described doing something quite similar while deployed overseas in what rapidly became the last time I ever spoke to him.
That was in early '06.

So, I'm not surprised by the potential existence of "screaming toddler murder-drones". I'm honestly amazed we're not at "irl half-life 2 manhacks" yet.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Famethrowa posted:

I don't know. I have no doubt that Israel is committing atrocities against civilians using armed drones, but adding "crying children to lure people out" sounds similar to a bunch of other wartime urban legends that spread among traumatized and frightened people. It's bad enough, it doesn't need the added sensationalism.

I have yet to see any of the cartoonishly evil things the IDF has been accused of disproven, so I will believe this accusation as well

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Famethrowa posted:

After I posted and thought more about it I think you are likely correct. At least more than this story. The IDF is still capable of unthinkable cruelty so this doesn’t particularly change anything.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jackie D posted:

I have yet to see any of the cartoonishly evil things the IDF has been accused of disproven, so I will believe this accusation as well

yup
They drone striked a playground, then shot a 6 year old who managed to survive but was critically injured from the attack.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Famethrowa posted:

I saw one video of this and I'm sure there are plenty more. Incredibly hosed.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
we're talking about the people who were recorded strapping a living child to the hood of military vehicle.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ok I’m back into harrowing thoughts of screaming baby drones.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/NickoGallo/status/1781668720902852958

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

You're all just yukking it up, huh?

You're laughing. There's about to be a CHEETO in the White House again and you're LAUGHING.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/herosnvrdie69/status/1782491244368695529

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I really hope that British guy made up the hand job story because I don't want to think about that poor woman having to deal with the kind of guy who put the details together and sought her out after reading that column.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 24, 2024

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
Every now and then you do get a glimpse for how US and Twitter centric the hosts' view of the world is – "much of the world's attention is on Columbia University" is a mad claim. It's barely been a blip over here. UK news was focused on a bill passing that's going to put undocumented migrants on a plane to Africa, Netherlands on whether there will be a government any time soon.

It makes sense, but it does make me laugh whenever Chapo tries to make claims about anything from a non-US perspective.

Mesopotamia fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Apr 24, 2024

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
those countries are american vassals.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The most disgusting fart of all time.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Mesopotamia posted:

Every now and then you do get a glimpse for how US and Twitter centric the hosts' view of the world is – "much of the world's attention is on Columbia University" is a mad claim. It's barely been a blip over here. UK news was focused on a bill passing that's going to put undocumented migrants on a plane to Africa, Netherlands on whether there will be a government any time soon.

It makes sense, but it does make me laugh whenever Chapo tries to make claims about anything from a non-US perspective.

who cares

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM-8Ny2WVK4

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mesopotamia posted:

You guys are like clockwork, five seconds into the episode and you run to complain to the thread to complain about it

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Mesopotamia posted:

New York binch

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

It is a little funny that they have called college politics stupid and unimportant for the last few years and now are (rightfully given the moment) interviewing college activists.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mesopotamia posted:

Counterpoint: you are british

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Famethrowa posted:

It is a little funny that they have called college politics stupid and unimportant for the last few years and now are (rightfully given the moment) interviewing college activists.

I wonder if there's a difference between protests over a genocide being brutally suppressed by the government, and protests about whether or not a Youtuber is going to give a speech.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I wonder if there's a difference between protests over a genocide being brutally suppressed by the government, and protests about whether or not a Youtuber is going to give a speech.

maybe college politics aren't always unimportant like they used to say huh 😌

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Famethrowa posted:

maybe college politics aren't always unimportant like they used to say huh 😌

You are a moron.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Troubling, if true

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Gripweed posted:

You are a moron.

lol I'm sorry I noticed that their reoccurring jokey irony made their serious stuff a little funny sounding I'll try to be nicer to your radio friends

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Let's not be too harsh on the brit, we all make bad posts and then double down from time to time.

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Let's not be too harsh on the brit, we all make bad posts and then double down from time to time.

who doubled down lmao

Tankbuster posted:

those countries are american vassals.

also true

The REAL Goobusters posted:

but not true

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
The interview was fine and not worth this debate. The only thing that stuck out was the activist saying that Columbia University expanding its campus in Manhattan is settler-colonialism and the same as what Israel is doing to Palestinians, like come on man, you don't need to shoehorn that poo poo in.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It was definitely an interview with a college student activist. Layers and layers of buzzwords and sociological terms to argue the case for something really obvious to anyone with a conscience.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Androies posted:

The interview was fine and not worth this debate. The only thing that stuck out was the activist saying that Columbia University expanding its campus in Manhattan is settler-colonialism and the same as what Israel is doing to Palestinians, like come on man, you don't need to shoehorn that poo poo in.

they displacing people to do it? not the same as gaza lol but still displacement and goes to show how hypocritical the university is if they do

their aunt died recently, give them a break

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

It was definitely an interview with a college student activist. Layers and layers of buzzwords and sociological terms to argue the case for something really obvious to anyone with a conscience.

Lol she called herself Latinx or something

She's got the right idea and gentrification IS a form of colonialism. It's literally taking land that used to belong to minorities and giving it over to whites. Am I crazy or is that not obvious?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mesopotamia posted:

who doubled down lmao

That is left as an exercize to the reader.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Isentropy posted:

She's got the right idea and gentrification IS a form of colonialism. It's literally taking land that used to belong to minorities and giving it over to whites. Am I crazy or is that not obvious?

Chicanx lol.

Her fervor (and description of the killing of Shireen Abu Akleh as a “brutal execution” rather than an assassination) makes a lot more sense in light of her family ties though.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 24, 2024

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

here's the thing: America is the world.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

still don't get what's funny about latinx

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I think it's perceived as something white people care about way more than people the label would actually apply to do.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Getting dangerously low on Yakuza game analogies.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Isentropy posted:

Colonialism is just a specific case of capitalism. Not all capitalism actions are colonialism but in the case of destroying PoC neighborhoods to build structures intended for the elite, it rhymes. And the rhyme scheme is pretty darn close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat what did people want from this interview? Just a bunch of slang and aave type poo poo or what. No poo poo she talked like a college student activist.