Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Famethrowa posted:

sounds great based on their homepage. all-star lineup of people who cannot logoff ever

By our powers combined!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Girls was in fact a good show

I recently watched the first season with my partner and it's really good, like scathingly funny

My buddy got mad when I told him, "it's unintentional, she's not acting she's actually awful" and I'm like sorry I believe you but that just makes it even funnier

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I never watched Girls because the public persona Lena Dunham puts out into the world is repulsive

You've heard of death of the author? Then you're ready for the sequel; kill the author!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Uhhhm actually Chapo is much more that just a podcast I like, it's a way of life and they are all heroes (Virgil is admittedly more of a grey jedi) and I'm pretty sure if they met me irl we'd become best friends instantly

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Is it still ok to like Half Baked?

Yes. They kill a cop in that movie so it evens out

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/notbenfish/status/1573029738645524481?s=20&t=0UqdnHfCGB_3mEGiuQ012A

Finally held accountable

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s not a lot of people

Like Red Scare, GG, Jimmy Dore, Matt Taibbi

I dunno about those other folks but GG has never really considered himself a leftist. His husband probably did/does, but Glenn's a libertarian who has said he doesn't believe the political spectrum is useful. At least in interviews where he's trying to be taken seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if he's tweeted all sorts of contradictory nonsense

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Get your mental health advice from Wizard Master instead.

Inside my anxiety there are two wolves,

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

mats knew

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I don't care about avatar but just take voice attributes as character if it bothers you :shrug:

Sephyr posted:

I wonder if Cameron thought "Scorcese picked blank prettyboy Dicaprio and made hima respectable actor. I'll show him! Gonna get the blandest brick if human clay and make him the star of a generation!"

DiCaprio has been a bankable star since Titanic at least

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Nah, Jake Sully is excited about walking for the first time in forever and integrating into Navi culture. Nothing about the character should be bored and sleepy. Worthington's just a bad actor.

Isn't he playing a grunt/gamer?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Respect to the Packers*

*not the actual team, but the fans who own it**

**Assuming it is still fans who own the shares, I wouldn't be surprised if most have sold to investment bankers or w/e

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Hunter S. Thompson's last book includes an essay about how football sucks now because the teams are purely status symbols for owners who don't even much care if the team wins or loses. They're buying a skybox that comes with a football team.

Love the good doctor but he was very mistaken if he thought having an owner be a genuine fan helps

My home city's NHL team is owned by the local failson of a slumlord and he's super involved in the team and it's a gong show of bad decisions

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Please let them out of your dungeon, wizard master

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

It's the end of an incredible era

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Where's wizard master when you need him???

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

The problem I have with all these shows mentioned (plus the office, community, etc) is as the longer they go on the writers become enamoured with their characters and want them all to win and be living their best lives, forgetting that the show was funny and good when the characters were weird losers failing around.

Have no interest in Lasso but it sounds like they just skipped the part where it was good at first. Efficient!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Watching movies solely for the plot is NOT movie mindset :mad:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Neither has the juice to make it to the nomination but a RFKjr vs DeSantis debate would be really funny

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I kinda miss him

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I think Glenn is making a joke? He's generally humorless it's not easy for him ok

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Doin the Ric Flair Woo! and I can't/won't stop

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

The way people talk about the Pope you'd think he was Francis II from The New Pope

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Gripweed posted:

She's not even on the podcast anymore. She's not your parasocial friend anymore. It's ok for her to go support her stupid real life friends on their dumb projects. Don't be weird about it.

Sir that's not what we do here

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Unironic thoughts & prayers for the Christman

PostNouveau posted:

I think the people still pushing for it want a vote so they know who needs to get targeted in primaries. They don't harbor any illusions it will pass.

But the Dem leadership knows that's what they want, so they'll never even hold a vote now.

I'm not a Yankee but how do they not have the common sense to already know who to target?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Hasan had his uncle Cenk from TYT on his stream the other day and they were arguing about police reform messaging and crime rates. Cenk made an anecdote about a man who would brazenly trespass into his neighbors yard and masturbate knowing the cops wouldn't bother responding, and Hasan responded with a story about another chronic masturbator who would stand out in the street in front of his house naked and jack off all day, and they spent 5 minutes yelling at each other about what to do about these people. So now I just assume LA is just full of roving gangs of angry naked men jacking off like a lovely Warriors gang.

It's the Turks' fault for trying to muscle in on Wanker territory

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Gazans specifically

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Chapo fans not knowing their kaballah, smh

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

An American lawyer who shot two climate protesters dead in the street in Panama.

They were teachers & union organizers as well, and he killed them on behalf of an open pit mine

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I did not expect him to become an adult convert to Catholicism

That'd be too predictable

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Oh your a mean one,

Halloween Jack posted:

Everyone posting in this thread is my friend and I will correct each of you in turn

:cheers:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

*leftishly "gotta poop somewhere"

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

err posted:

Someone read the Amber book and report back with a 5 page double-spaced review tia

The subjects of Dirtbag are varied and many in amount

One such subject is corn, or as the natives call it, maize

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

If the gop or Dems were smart they'd be courting Adams to be their presidential candidate, he's got the juice no one can stop him

Law Cheetah posted:

people trash the movie mindset pods because they're mostly just recaps but i like them

also is it just me or does will love talking about the homoerotic subtext of movies. it seems like its his favorite thing to talk about

Selfish Katherine keeping Will straight, she's gotta go boys!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

gently caress me he's actually more eloquent than before

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

On the one hand AOC & Omar et al have been p disappointing

On the other hand the mere mention of their names still causes immediate incoherent meltdowns in most of the rightists I know, more so than any other noun or issue

So it's impossible to say if they're bad or not

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Cosmik Slop posted:

Dwight Bush? My name loving sucks

I got Dwight Roosevelt :smug:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

We all had that one friend who was all "you gotta read this!" about freakanomics

It defies common sense right out the gate too, I don't remember what the first claim or attempt at correlation even is but it's obviously stupid. Abortion related maybe

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

It's that dang old sissy hypno Hank Hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Internet Makes You Stupid.

More and more people are saying this!