Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Felix is on Ed Zitron's podcast again and there is a very special guest:

https://soundcloud.com/user-884696369/the-scumbag-podcast-episode-19-metal-gear-squalid-with-david-hayter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
new PissPigGranddad article is up

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/brace-belden-pisspiggranddad-syria-isis.html

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
this is from last week, but lol

https://twitter.com/troutbum61/status/851989461898604545

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

followup take:

https://twitter.com/rajandelman/status/857982166747238400

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't like seeing Felix talk because it reminds me that somebody who looks like him also sounds like him, and it's just loving disturbing.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKDLnikpcPA&t=139s

I'm so loving bothered that somebody in the public eye just referenced a SA moderator from a decade ago.

he said Asma (al assad) you retard. which permabanned offsite shitposter are you, and why haven't you been banned again already?

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 5, 2017

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I just heard Felix joke "I'm permabanned user radiumstomper88" so yeah they've been on SA for sure, if that's still in question.

also, gently caress you, they have literally said the opposite. when all of the funny people from FYAD left for weird twitter, they carried SA memes with them.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Guys did you know that all of our lovable Chapo Boys post on SA??? This makes us sooo popular omg!!!

all you pathetic poo poo eating motherfuckers can eat my entire rear end

also Gorka! is very good

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Calm down little buddy.

this forum is a sinking ship and we're all going down with it. keep posting until oblivion takes us.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

THEY SAID THAT SOMEONE SHOULD BE GOATSED

I WONDER IF THEY'RE A GOON!?

they talk about elevators...which replace stairs...which are dangerous because of pusher-robots...

goon status==cofnrimed!!!

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Also Into the Woods IS pretty drat good and brilliant.

Into the woods is a loving war crime. Stephen Sondheim is a hack and deserves scorn and also a public execution

this is fact not opinion

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

this is the worst troll in this thread so far

"you know what would sound real sweet? a dissonant pile of poo poo that i threw together in a weekend" - the vile sondheim

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

:smuggo: Looks like a certain poster was ahead of his time with these gems from April 2016.

And bonus quote from the same page of that thread...

I only remember these because my hatred for tee vee provoked an outpouring of care and mad.

this is the only good #content in this nightmare thread

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Huzanko posted:

People would work and build things even if they didn't have to. There just wouldn't be people working menial garbage jobs and office facebooking jobs. People would be more human.

However, in that society, there would be no managers or financiers and rentiers to parastize it, and that's why it does not yet exist.

project managers actually make my job reasonable lol. without project managers stuff never gets done because half the engineers get distracted by more interesting problems.

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 8, 2022

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I've always wanted to play the MGS series. How many of the games should I Let's Play, that is which game in the series is the first with decent gameplay?

MGS1 and 2 are great. I just played them for the first time a year or two ago. I had to do something weird to play them on the PS Vita, but that ended up being cool + good. MGS3 is kinda mediocre and I didnt bother to finish it.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

I'm glad the Chapo thread is also a place for people to glorify people who violently physically and also psychologically abuse their partners in the name of justice.

lol shut up gamergate bitch

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

lil comey gay rear end lmao

edit: wait, gently caress you cop!!!!!

https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/status/807602904525848577

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Delany rules. The New Republic just reviewed his new diaries, btw. I haven't read it yet but here you go.

read Dhalgren. it's the sci-fi equivalent of being awake at 3am in a fever-induced fugue state as you sit on the toilet, making GBS threads and weeping

it's real good

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

I've mentioned it before. Zoe Quinn by her own description raped Eron Gjoni repeatedly, as well as engaged in other physical and emotional abuse. Later, she sexually harassed Wolf Wozniak at a wedding, upon which he was doxxed and harassed by Phil Fish and hundreds of online dudes, telling him he was never invited to the wedding, deserved whatever happened, etc. As far as I know, she's the only person involved w the "correct" side of the whole fiasco who is in fact a terrible person. Like, Anita makes cool videos, seems like a harmless person, I don't even know who else was involved. Obviously the dudes and nazis on the other side are guilty of many of the same things, and worse things, but to me, you can't excuse behavior like this just because someone is your ideological ally.

I don't have some sort of vendetta against anyone, this is just what happened. It's disgusting to act like this woman is a paragon of coolness and integrity when she's a rapist and abuser.

shut the gently caress up

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

because a bunch of loving nerds repeatedly asked about it. read the thread.

log off bitch

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like every Delany book I've read except Dhalgren. Dhalgren was bad

Wrong

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Video Game's

Video : The Game

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Who is that

a dumb-rear end. once he melted down because of this tweet (for bodyshaming lol)

https://twitter.com/Crimsy_/status/869301164554297350

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Kunster posted:

It's just that a bunch of the supporter crowd do see them as like, the internet podcast equivalent of the Beverly HillyBillies where all of the Chapos somehow were incredibly poor and lived in sleepbags until they got on SFR, on which then they made a podcast and somehow a bag of money shown up in front of their communal tent, on which they brought the Park Slope Mansion.

Most of the Chapo Crew are media people who'd otherwise live comfortably without the podcast.

stop projecting you weirdo

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Antares posted:

lee fang posted 42069 times when people no platformed nazis at Berkley but has been mysteriously quiet about this nazi rally he thinks should be allowed

wrong, bitch

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Fang is good on the whole but he gets a bit too contrarian in the name of self-critical views for my tastes. Smart guy, but I've learned to just ignore a good bit of his op-eds and stick to his more hard journalism.

lee fang regularly trolls people into losing their poo poo, and few realize he is even trolling. it's good as hell.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

I do find it weird to see people on Facebook post "PUNCH NAZIS!!" poo poo when I know for a fact they have never thrown or received a punch.

Like sure I agree with the sentiment but come on if you don't have the stomach for violence quit posing.

weird how this display of toxic masculinity is coming from the left.. typical white male misogynist "bernard 'brothas'"

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

the best praxis is writing a letter to the husband of your new internet soulmate

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Calling someone's boss will always be a snitch move to me.

it's a bitch move. also it reifies the power imbalance between employer and employee

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Sandweed posted:

Anyone have that image with the Cobra logo, but it's Gorka instead?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Race Realists posted:

I have a Documentary Film Club on the Chapo Reddit that's stagnant because barely anyone knows the thread exists

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHouse/comments/6tkk51/chapo_theatre_first_round_nomination_thread_cast/

Join in I guess

no

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Phone posted:

Discourse Collective had a good debrief of Charlottesville over the weekend and they went over some of the tactical aspects of protesting. They touched on some of the hierarchy issues and mentioned the long and rich history of leftist groups getting subverted by the feds

Discourse Collective isn't real

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Its weird seeing one of our most active members in the Pittsburgh DSA get really mad about Chapo because Felix said some nice things about Liz Bruenig nearly a year ago. Then again the recent Abortion Bill news probably was the reason for it.

yeah, that was really weird. i really dont understand why people are obsessed with at a catholic lady whose stance is "i disagree with abortion, but i don't think the government should make it illegal". if a man held this position, he would get shredded, but since this is a woman then the fallback is "she believes in demons!!! and men defend her!!!".

i'm honestly baffled

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

I just mainly found it funny because it boiled down to a dude being told by a bunch of minority leftists that a disarming movement always targets minorities over all others and with the over-militarized police that's basically exactly how genocides happened before and him going 'nah but this time the cops can be trusted to enforce the laws fairly' and getting very mad online when people went 'what, no'.

Like, I'm really anti-gun but we should probably make step one 'disarm the police' to avoid the whole 'state has all the power' thing getting worse.

i found it funny that people came out of the woodwork to get mad at a guy who posts jokes for holding the default liberal position on gun control, and not the position of revolutionary marxist-leninists. he wasn't even tweeting about confiscating guns, just nonspecific gun control, yet extremely-online dorks unlocked their accounts for long enough to rant at him for wanting to steal the guns of the revolutionary vanguard.

and more pragmatically:

https://twitter.com/BillHumphreyMA/status/914966870603784192

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Here's my take: super hero poo poo sucks.

wrong, unbreakable is a good superhero film in which bruce willis has the power to strangle a janitor

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

edit: it is linked. the person who initially posted that nonsense said that they received the chat log from the very same "slumberbutt."

wait, where did you see this?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

can't link it because it was in the reply thread for one of the tweets that has since been deleted.

Could you be confusing the weirdo @slumberbutt with the "weird twitter creeps" pastebin author, @stumblebee?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Antares posted:

you are now responsible for everyone who clicks follow on your account, even the disgusting perverts who say "i disagree" instead of asking for nudes like a normal person.

https://twitter.com/lilmissagitated/status/920772450308128768

lol
https://twitter.com/lilmissagitated/status/920861683181953024

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
A chapo transcript would make it easy for insane tankies, the donut brigade and frog death squads to pull seemingly-damning quotes from the episodes out of context lol

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

THEY didn't bitch about it. They contacted the M4A organizers and cleared it up. A bunch of loving lunatic cops on twitter bitched about it on their behalf, without asking them first.

ding ding ding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Kunster posted:

Ah yeah nothing sus on being on the """anti-idpol real brained leftist" cast that looked at this and went "Yeah the interviewer that told him to eat poo poo is in the wrong one", it's 100% totally about secret misogyny, yuuuuup

you are mentally ill dude, please see a doctor