Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
mods change my name to charlie the 9/11 retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr Hootington posted:

Carl explaining smooth brains to an astonished and horrified Kornacki is incredible.

the thing that always gets me about digcast is how it will have legitimate discussion between virgil and the guest and then suddenly it'll just become half an hour of virgil and a stranger doing improv about how fuckin weird carl is

the one that's like entirely about carl's dating life and camworkers is probably my favorite

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hmmm I think the guys who say Bernie would have won and make fun of alt right trolls should debate neo Nazis earnestly because that's a thing that's worth spending any time at all on

Get bent fuckstain

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Henchman of Santa posted:

As I have said before, cocksucker is the phonetically ideal curse word so I understand the struggle not to use it

look at this guy with correct ideas about cusses

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also virgil is the best dryboy, bless

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gorn Myson posted:

Exactly. Don't make us choose.

they are all beautiful but virgil is most beautiful

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
on a scale of 1-10, virgil is a Virgil

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the second best is amber, the third is the lady from adam's lyft who's podcast is the most turbowoke thing known to mankind, holy poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serf posted:

you should check her out on twitter its fun

forums poster x-ray pecs sends me tweets of hers and they are always A Good Time For The Whole Family, If The Family Has Been Eating Lead Paint Chips

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Moist von Lipwig posted:

lol did they actually figure out who that was?

yeah, sarah lerner, cohost of the hellbent podcast

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I am listening to sarah lerners podcast rn

the only bit of it ive ever listened to was her and some other goober discussing what word to use when talking to a broad group of people like fans, because guys is sexist, and this other word is actually rooted in an archaic racial slur that nobody since 1876 has ever heard, etc

it was fuckin disorienting

it was no poo poo like someone had decided to make a parody of what they thought a leftist podcast was like

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I Before E posted:

Brendan is most underrated

maybe if he talked more so that we could hear him

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

it's slightly better than some of the other ones

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/SarahLerner/status/888135537936146432

guys all you gotta do is register people to vote and they willl immediately vote D

fake edit
https://twitter.com/SarahLerner/status/888140717750591488
leads to
https://twitter.com/resisterhood/status/877681435070652416

lets groan first at "resisterhood" and then at the absolute nothingness that is "the creator of the dems message is dems"

edit 2 going down THAT rabbithole their point is that actually its the voters who create the message, which is fuckin stupid, but then

https://twitter.com/resisterhood/status/877684078887174149

stunning display of naivete

last one i promise

https://twitter.com/resisterhood/status/877687115248742400

guys we just need to convince people on our own, no "message" is going to give anyone the idea that the party cares about them, we just have to badger them into voting D

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 22, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wolf Blitzer delenda est

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Who is that

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Chapos new child raising book Everybody Poops, Especially Virgil

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiK2fhOY0nE

Future movie review right there. This book is pretty much Matt Christman's disconnected male gamer theory in celluloid, based on a book where said lifestyle has a massive payoff and wins the day.

It's only tangentially about that, it's more about just mindless pop culture reference with no thought behind it beyond performative nerd knowledge

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, I'd say it's accidentally about that. Totally unintentional and not at all an examination of it.

Lmbo no the book is absolutely a mindless list of references because that's all Ernest Cline can write

It's just not really About games, games are mostly just a framing device

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Right, but I don't think it is critical of retreating from society into an online gamer world at all.

Neither do I but it's also exactly the thing Matt rails against

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr Hootington posted:

didn't this guy get banned for melting down in D&D?

Edit: nope it was LF stuff

If he was actually TT tho that's fuckin wild

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
There's no way an lf poster was TT, I refuse to believe it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kunster posted:

Hmmm yes, the Russian-born Computer Engineer who resided during Pre-Perestroika times can't possibly, possibly be the British Lingusitics fellow who outright did a posting gimmick part to work on his studies for his degree.

I refuse to believe tt went on to be in lf, he was too good for that place

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Which one this time?

The bend the knee poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
felix has always been pretty open about how stupid it is that he's able to do nice things for saying dick jokes about politicians, i dunno why people get wound

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
like hes literally described himself as a "bullshit podcast man" before

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serf posted:

who is mike sacco and why is his name circled?

Michael Sacco is an American labor leader from Brooklyn, New York. He was appointed as the president of the Seafarers International Union of North America, AFL-CIO in June 1988 by the SIUNA Executive Board.

alternately some dude who used to be a contractor at cryptozooic and said that tiny tina from borderlands 2 was racist

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Darkman Fanpage posted:

she look like a thot

I hit follow on her just so she would have 1488 followers

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

yoober posted:

pod makes $72k/month

Yeah they're realistically making under ten grand each pre tax also they are true comrades who will escape the guillotine

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

From each according to their ability to each according to their need.

The dry boys and girl need all of that money

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fatherboxx posted:

he is but at the same time he edits an incredibly snobbish comics website, so he gotta pretend it is for intellectual reasons

What does he edit

Bracing for like TCJ
Edit hooded utilitarian, close enough

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fatherboxx posted:

he edited a part of tcj website when the print version was the primary one and the site was mostly for poo poo-flingling on the forums, then they hired actually competent people and he hosed off to his standalone blog

Yeah I'm familiar

It's funny as hell to me a comic guy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He blocked me for calling him a corn cob

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serf posted:

dude has been feverishly tweeting all morning about it lmao

he must be hoping that the dry boys notice him and drive some traffic to his sad patreon

He just thinks it's funny

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serf posted:

he's actually laughing

He probably just doesn't want to laugh too hard that's why he's blocking people

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Race Realists posted:

i come from a southern religious family so its just best that i dont mention this to either one of them because they will lose their loving poo poo

to be honest even im a little bit freaked out by this

all it takes is one step :tinfoil:

The Twitter replies are all batshit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

little munchkin posted:

is it just the "employer" part that people are upset about because cellphone data tracking is far more invasive and everyone just consents to that so they can play candy crush or whatever

Giving your boss more control over you is bad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

little munchkin posted:

eh, the tech getting to the point that they can just predict that stuff based on your travel patterns, web history, text/phone/irl conversations, etc.

Your boss can't leverage that against you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

little munchkin posted:

whatever apps you use most certainly don't need to know the brands you mention in phone conversations, what route you take through the supermarket, or any of the other things they actually use your data for

the most offensive part to me was the company saying they would reimburse you for the 300$ cost of the surgery, as if paying out of their own pocket was the part people would take issue with

Whooooosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Halloween Jack posted:

I recall Carlin and Black both reaching a point where they no longer did comedy, at all, and their performances were just endless preaching to the choir but with cusses.

Except Carlin's second to last special rules