Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Kunster posted:

I wouldn't say better, but it's good if you wanna have Felix on a setting that doesn't have him goaded to being negative on folk all the time. (Go to their piece on Anil Dash and Prince, then go to the 4th Scumbag episode aaaarooooound the time he starts talking about Old_Gaes to see what I mean). If you wanna have snappy Felix, Chapo. If you wanna have kind but still snappy Felix, Scumbag. Maybe except the Ron Fournier segment on the 12th ep and the MMA exchange on the latest one. Maybe that was why I particularly enjoyed those?

I do think the Gawker piece they mentioned on the MexicanAnarchist episode was an AdequateMan piece, so it wasn't a "Here's how to logically own your racist uncle" and more a "Here's how to manage him so that his presence doesn't sour for everyone, including him, your 4th of July festivity" piece. So Matt's rant and subsequent followup was either really dumb or really appropriate given the content of said piece.

Matt seemed to imply that his relatives go out of their way to piss him off, so he'd find the idea of "how to manage them" absurb/stupid. Or just the idea of trying to manage someone who's going to spout out horrendously racist poo poo stupid anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Stacks posted:

Man, the far left in the US likes to go after liberals far more than they do people on the Right.

At least the right admits their the right, liberals tend to say their the left and the far left are crazy.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
http://www.carolines.com/comedian/chapo-trap-house-live-election-2016-debates/

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/778028808461021184

Holy poo poo

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Adomian doing Zizek? Yesssss

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Jesus Christ that Caleb article...

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

Felix's nose looks like the bottom of a dick.

He should find a way to cover, like one inch of it.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Hulk Krogan posted:

SA gets a shout out from Felix on the most recent The Scumbag.

Fittingly it's related to "... And then everyone stood up and clapped" lol.

I know that "... and then everyone stood up and applauded" is from here but I always thought it references the '80s movie slow clap trope.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

idgi. Who's dead?

James Woods sued twitter user "Abe List" for libel (Abe called James a coke addict). Abe appealed, but the appeal was just dropped as Abe died.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

The funniest part of that whole thing was Will desperately trying to find common ground and consensus without even realizing he was Digglering.

:discourse:

To be fair, I think he realized that both sides having a :smug:-off would be unlistenable garbage (which was kinda correct).

The real funniest part is that you know Walther hung up going "Owned 'em"

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it really is a weird thing. I consider myself a pretty spiritual guy, but maybe it's a culture clash thing because I can't imagine ever using 'yes but this religious authority you probably don't give power to won't forgive you' as a threat. Like, even my real orthodox friends and family would never tell me 'hey Tatum Girlparts, if you eat that bacon cheeseburger my rabbi won't forgive you'.

Like, I get the gap is in catholic poo poo the priests and all are literal speakers for God so having one deny you forgiveness means more but...that whole relationship requires everyone to agree that the priests have that power, doesn't it? If I'm there Jewing it up do I just get a perma get out of jail free card? That was something I kinda wished they'd push him more on if only because I love it when these guys just admit they're full on 'well no obviously as a Jew you wouldn't be allowed to live in America under this, duh.'

That's the lovely thing though, when you push them on it (like abortion) you get the interview where they try and come up with mealy-mouthed excuses like "well the mother wouldn't get punished i guess" because the whole idea is just some theoretical bullshit that will never happen so they never think about the consequences.

They should have pushed him on stuff like Falangism or how places that implemented stuff like this were shitholes.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Chapo aside... how's Carl Diggler going to deal?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
New podcast is out... 8 minutes in saying Trump's going to win Florida and Ohio :stonklol:

edit: You can hear the room deflate each time the results come in. Yeesh.

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 11, 2016

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I really hope that last tweet was in the context of 'to see how loving stupid we looked and how all our attempts at outreach this election were taken as bad jokes by most of America' at least?

The dude praised Thatcher, he's squarely in the woke "everything as it is now but with more women/minorities in charge" camp.

Edit: Oops, thought that about Chu. It was probably to lift their spirits, but hopefully not to emulate.

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 15, 2016

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Soooo a Slate journalist wrote a thing.... :stare:
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/801583435454312448
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/801569190071173120

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

I always got the feeling yglesias is an irony boy who sold out.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Why do people hate that Michael Tracey guy? I get that he's a doofus who makes some really lovely takes but I don't get what he does that makes people hate him that much (compared to every other lovely take "journalist").

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The best of Arthur Chu is worth reading but everyone else is not very funny. Maybe Neera just for the absurdity of a person with a very good job who has no reason to flail around on twitter.

Neera is worth reading about because she represents the absolute worst thing about Clintonism, which is that they value "loyalty" over any basic grasp of competency.

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/803574206705373184

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 2, 2016

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Kurt was just looking out for him, and we all know how Kurt feels about saving young boys...

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Everything Daou says is made funnier/sadder by the leaked emails showing that even they thought he was "a little off".

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Oh poo poo he calls himself that. I forget what are some of the dumbest thing's he's said?

https://twitter.com/drvox/status/362420204388626432

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
What's worse, No Labels or this?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Kunster posted:

Charitable view: In a way the Chapo crew do seem themselves in part of their chosen targets and as circumstances get more dire, former targets either redeem themselves facing a new sociopolitical arena (Peter Daou and Neera Tanden both have slowly started to address concerns stated in the show) or the Boys/Girl have been approached with said viewpoint coming from someone who they deem with more respect/care. Anil is honestly a good example of the former.

Daou and Tanden are only adressing concerns because they lost, they'll switch back to centrist bullshit the second they can. Anil seems well meaning though.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

The Democratic primary didn't do that for you? He was loving slime.

I checked out when the primary was just starting. I can't imagine how unbearable he got as the election went on. I guess the anti-Proops is Adomian.

The new ep is out.

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 23, 2016

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
How did Michael Rappaport and Eli Lake even meet?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Edit: already posted but what even is this

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/813883631009726464

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

It should probably be a bigger deal that reporters use some website to find people to interview and don't have any alarms go off when a guy clearly in his 50s says he's a millennial.

One of the reasons we are so hosed is newspapers would rather spend money on op-ed columnists screaming about "fake news" than actual fact checkers.

Dan probably has Narcissictic Personality Disorder

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 5, 2017

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Speaking of floor making GBS threads...

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Obama just owned Felix

https://twitter.com/charlie_savage/status/821466204179144704

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
That story of the lanyard guy coming to DC's defense is nuts.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

SousaphoneColossus posted:

american exceptionalism: we are the only nation that does not murder and imprison gamers

@MomsAgainstGam needs to start tweeting again.

https://twitter.com/JonWhiteBriefly/status/822942368923947008

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

that's dumb

hot takes are why I listen to chapo and ctown almost exclusively now, making fun of pedophiles and 9/11 first responders owns

I am surprised they didn't make the result of Podesta something that would be a true Lovecraftian horror, Barack Obama.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

that's a pretty crazy jump that ignores his, ya know, actual work and the danger he had of bringing a voice to the protests when the cops had no issue tear gassing and beating their way through crowds.

Like, either that's true or maybe he just thought tweeting the Doritos thing was a decent idea because it was a harmless show of support

It wasn't just that, he'd also constantly post poo poo about how awesome spotify is. No normal dude randomly plugs poo poo for corporations for no reason.

edit: https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/826297191979417603

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 31, 2017

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

There's no way Trump has won more races as Peach than me. She's my main.

It's Trump, he'd play Gold Peach.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

What the hell does being "edgelordy" even mean? They seem like they're very real about who they are. They recognize that most people don't engage with politics the way they do, that they are grounded in Weird Twitter culture and on the political fringes. Is it because they make fun of dipshits for being dipshits?

Seeing how obsessed mainstream liberal thought is with decorum (and capitalism), yes.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/828350943687237632

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Hillary will never go to the protests as she views them as a waste/incorrect application of political power. She only believes that people in politics or the political system can change it. Like how Nancy Reagan helped end the AIDS crisis.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

mike12345 posted:

The reading from Shapiro's book got flat in the end, and I switched off. Heidecker didn't seem to care, and the chuckling while reading unfunny bits didn't help.

I found it funny that they were all setting up how horrible it was, and Heidecker's response was a diplomatic "writing's not easy".

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
This post-election story is bonkers.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
I honestly don't know what this is
https://twitter.com/RedKahinaCast/status/833524947498700802

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

steakmancer posted:

Can we start a gofundme for milo

I'd link to the bug eating guy, but he's locked his account :shobon:

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Super rich guy, Jeffery? Epstein, at least acquainted with both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump among others, a while ago was charged with basically a more realistic version of Pizzagate, gets off with a pretty light plea deal after hiring big-time lawyers like Alan Dershowitz. Among the allegations or at least rumors were like child sex parties on a train or airplane or something, aka the "Lolita Express". Think he's connected to that ongoing suit a girl filed against Trump for raping her when she was 13 -- might have been at his house?

It is Jeffery Epstein; he owns a private island in the US Virgin Islands. The Lolita Express was his jet that took people there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

*piss tape leaks at least*

"Heh, stupid libs, everyone knows real Americans chug hooker piss on the reg. Out of touch coastal elites at it again."

That really proves Matt's earlier point that instead of Hillary calling the alt-right "deplorables" she should have called them "poo poo eating motherfuckers" to see if they'd do it.