Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Shameful. Stupid and shameful OP

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Family member did early research into transgenderism, intersex, etc. a disproportionate number of the early generation of folks who came out as trans are retired veterans, including many of the most “macho” roles: special forces, fighter pilots, etc.

My take on it was that they had a pension and could afford to alienate their families, which of course early people coming out did. My materialist analysis did not make it into the literature sadly.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The bin in the back says “dresses”. Have they said the baby is a girl in other places?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Kingdom of the Christman Skull

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Mike N Eich posted:

The 2016 to 2024 elections are definitely 'first as tragedy, then as farce'

If Trumps wins I feel like 2016 was the farce and 2024 will be the tragedy

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Juul-Whip posted:

yeah i didnt mind Poppy IV so much compared to the previous iterations. it was fine

They shout out the ghost stories at the end of the world podcast which is great because I like that guy and he does have a good “ghost story” vibe but that
Serious he did in the octopus is terrible. He brought in some loving nerd and they spend the hour talking about what a software update is.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

And are the 4 great albums in the room with us right now?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Like, initially?

drat dude.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Isentropy posted:

Lol she called herself Latinx or something

She's got the right idea and gentrification IS a form of colonialism. It's literally taking land that used to belong to minorities and giving it over to whites. Am I crazy or is that not obvious?

Colonialism is just a specific case of capitalism. Not all capitalism actions are colonialism but in the case of destroying PoC neighborhoods to build structures intended for the elite, it rhymes. And the rhyme scheme is pretty darn close.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Why is it that across every subforum on SA, goons will seize any opportunity to talk about their poo poo and farts? None of you are Martin Luther, I don't give a gently caress about what you do on the toilet.

Currently nailing my feces to the door.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

net work error posted:

The First Purge was good. I remember Matt calling the movie a Maoist tale and I agree very much.

This episode really needed Matt. Hope we get him back. Even if it’s just in a captain pike chair with blinking lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Matt IS going to die one day. Are you prepared?

Pretty psyched for my own date with death. Be bummed if Matt beat me there