Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Felix's nose looks like the bottom of a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

If you liked Matt Karp's Chapo ep about the Civil War then Radio War Nerd had a good free episode recently about Unionists in North Carolina you should check out. It looks at the the Civil War from the same sort of materialist perspective. Mark Ames barely talks too so that's a plus for me.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/radio-war-nerd-6970798

Thanks for recommending this. I really enjoyed it.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Felix just got into a twitter fight against James Woods. yes. THAT James Woods:-

https://twitter.com/ja_oconnell/status/789299210352988160

Holy poo poo do I loving love the Chapos.

idgi. Who's dead?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

fatherboxx posted:

Yet it was funny to hear Scahill briefly fall into same slips that are always mocked on chapo, like giving Saddam credit for letting women drive in Iraq. Intersectional feminism!

They tend to fall into zoo-crewing instead of preparing and asking followups and challenging them guests. It'd be nice to see scahill challenged from the left instead of just them boys doing the democrat voice and other impersonations.

Cushman in particular seems to know a lot about his poo poo but tries to interject his knowledge instead of using it to pry poo poo out of the guest. He's only there for so long guys. Focus on him.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

congrats to the chapo trap house for their successful monetization of left wing infighting

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/750721471157198848

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jackie D posted:

Sorry about your West Point experience

They offered her money to go to west point sounds a lot like Herman Cain's claim. West Point doesn't give scholarships. There's no tuition. Maybe that sounds like a scholarship to a high school student, but it's not how it works.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bryter posted:

That was Carson. How can you forget Ben Carson?? Especially when there are only like 4 black Republicans to remember.

Oops. They all look alike. Herman Cain just captivated me with that smile

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Mods Please Change my name to Earned Sodomy Tax Credit

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Unironic pepe on that guy?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

Love that Ron

Right back at ya

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/795704711009697792

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 8, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

high T *puffs cigarette*

Hope it was a camel he was smoking

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I just listened to the most recent free episode and I jump a bit Matt said the Republicans were one state legislature away from having the necessary "2/3" to force through constitutional amendments. Fortunately the threshold is 3/4 and they're more like 6 away.

That thought sent a loving chill down my spine though.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

They only need 2/3 to call a constitutional convention, but then it takes 3/4 at the convention to ratify any amendments.

I dunno, sounds like it could be the huge clusterfuck the Republicans hang themselves with. What would they even call it for? Balanced budget amendment?

Restrict the franchise to property holders. Voting share scales with property. Voters are now called shareholders. Voting rights can be delegated to fund managers.

All women now legally referred to as "Of-$husbandname"

Impermanent posted:

The beautiful thing about that is that once abortion rights are written out of the constitution, the religious right will start going for democrats like they've always said they would :)

Abortion has always been a proxy for women's liberation. Those voters aren't turning into liberals once Roe is overturned.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 17, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

super fart shooter posted:

Christman, stout and Midwestern,

Is cornfed a slur?

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 19, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

At the end, does he say "I believe in nationalism for all people" or did I mishear that?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

he, like a few other very powerful alpha males, responds to any confrontation by whipping his phone out and acting like he's about to be brutally beaten so he can try to gain sympathy.

This might be the most beta body language I have ever seen in the wild.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I'm confident Felix is the best dry boy for 2 reasons:

1. Jacked AF

2. Loves Les Mis

I thought dry boys were unlubricated condoms

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Loki2099 posted:

Incel spotted, do better. Get volcel.

Married. Am I incel if I'm CB'd by toddlers?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Hyper mediocrity

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4uSTdJo4zk

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Memes as units of ideas are super useful in this era of Facebook. They're simple; repeated, and shared. Basically free advertising.

Memes as images with impact font are usually stupid of course, but that goes with the territory. The left needs to seize the memes of production.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Memes are self organizing by nature of the necessary repetitions required to become a meme. Top-down committees gave us "I'm with her." The magic of memes gave us the Bernie bird.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I went and watched that Adam Curtis documentary like the good gray wolf I am and man was it some hot garbage. I had seen one of his earlier ones and I remembered it as being along the lines of loose change or other 9/11 truth poo poo. When I heard the Adam Curtis cold open to chapo a while back I assumed they were mocking him. And I honestly enjoy watching conspiracy poo poo going back to when i read illuminatus! back in high school. I heard the interview on chapo and he seemed like a reasonable not-crazy person. How he could have put that documentary together i do t understand.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Adam Curtiss for the most part just rants without any point or direction, and uses images and music to give his diatribes an illusion of poignancy. He is only popular because he uses the right words that people on the left like, and you can basically turn off your brain and just let the wave of vaguely sympathetic gibberish hit you and give you a feeling that there are people who feel the same as you, maaan.

I think I would have enjoyed it more had I been stoned. I liked the disaster movie montage with "Dream Baby Dream" played over it.

I'm scanning over it again for my favorite part which was another montage that has Jane Fonda doing aerobics with the overlay saying something I found amusing.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 15, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I finally bit the bullet and subscribed. Any recommendations for good past premium episodes?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I need a digest for all the abut that happens on twitter. Scahill just called greenwald out for being a mouthpiece of the kremlin. I feel I kinda know their motivations but gently caress I want an article

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Are you talking about the below? Because uh Scahill's def not doing that...

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/814861716601401350

Thats the one. That wasn't scahill's intent? Sure read like that to me.

Exactly why I need a longer form twitter summary. I like twitter, but a lot of times it seems like being tossed into the laundry halfway through the spin cycle.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Well ACTUALLY... Tarkin ordered its destruction, not Vader

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

I don't think you mean to do this but you kinda saying votes in cities don't matter as much as more exburb/rural votes. Hillary lost because people didn't like her, and no amount of press or rallies would change 30 years of mudslinging. The one thing the GOP has is a reliable base that will vote R, seemingly no matter what, and that is exactly what happened. Trump got almost exactly what Romney got. I figured she would win based on 2012 turnout alone, since Trump was so toxic, and I was completely wrong. She really was a much much worse candidate than I had thought.

Considering that the press was among those slinging the mud, yes a different press approach would have made a difference. Also, it's unfair to compare hillarys numbers with that of the first black man to become president.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The forums are leaking again.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I need to see Pictures of TPM's gently caress room.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The party has been completely captured by corporatism and finance at the federal level, so these articles are not about novelty. They are a protest of the party in its current state and a reminder that the party enjoyed great success when it stood up for the working and the poor.

I mean, a non-trivial amount of libs are now basically Reaganite Cold Warrior types that cloak it with diversity talk. That's not going to work.

When is the period you're talking about? If it's the new deal, then yes they stood up for white working class and poor people. The coalition fell apart once LBJ pushed through the CRA.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Matt dropping elbows off the top rope left and right in this latest episode.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The_Rob posted:

It's kind of nuts to me that we exist in a world where people will just casually recommend a white nationalist podcast. I have been catching up with chapo though and that last episode was fantastic. All that stuff with the Micheal Rappaport stuff is so surreal and amazing. Him talking about white guys using rap slang is so perfect it almost feels not real.

On a show called Chapo Trap House no less.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I may not BE Joeseph Goebbels, but I DO LOVE ethnic cleansing.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

"You can stop taping. This isn't even worth taping."

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Who all actually lives in the park slope mansion?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I feel like those docs are probably all fabricated but also am 100% certain that Trump loves getting pissed on by Russian hookers

That'd be pretty funny if the story is deflated by a honeypot document that was easily disprovable but had the real nugget (or stream in this case) of truth in it. Kind of like GWB's vacation from the national guard and the keening bullshit.

https://morecrows.wordpress.com/2016/05/10/unnecessariat/

This is an excellent article and you should all read it.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Milo got shut down at UC Davis

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Yiannopoulos-Shkreli-event-canceled-at-UC-Davis-10857289.php