Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

duck.exe posted:

Good lord that VR school segment was depressing. Children locked in videodrome.edu is a nightmare out of the Nick Land strain of accelerationism where it’s actually cool and good that technology is melting our brains so that we become flesh drones for artificially-intelligent techno-capital that does all our thinking for us.

Yeah, it got me down pretty bad as well. Nightmare marriage of VC tech and "school choice".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

There was an ep covering Eric Adams a week or two ago and Felix had me dying over "there is no self to kill" re: Eric Adams just making poo poo up and lying so much nobody can keep track of what is true and what is not.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I watched part of that Telemarketers series and the best salesman they had snorts heroin then gets like $500/hr in donations on the phone.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Felix referencing RXK Nephew will never cease to amuse me.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Dining at the Table of Success with robocop.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh god, I hope it's nothing like a stroke. I really hope he makes a full recovery!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

jfc he is TRASHED lmao

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I was looking into my local chapter of the DSA, but the chapter office was 2 hours away from me and it didn't seem very organized at all. Also, I live in a state where having a Democratic or DSA bumper sticker would probably get my tires slashed.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

mmm milk of the poppy... Christman is off the bean

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I think my first Chapo ep was when Stavvy was a guest and they were talking about Madison Cawthorn.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Vim Fuego posted:

lmao that sounds like a banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Z2q13Ctrc

The episode title is Kill Bill. It's one of the best eps.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Glad to see the boys are still dining at the Table of Success.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I miss those old brand logos.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

terrorist ambulance posted:

Chris' only really annoying tic is his need to put in a drop of music anytime anyone even mentions a song or lyrics or whatever

You mean you didn't want to hear "spit the nut back in my dick" at the end of the ep??

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I love when the Seeking Derangements crew guests because the show is always raw chaos.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

real talk I thought they were doing an engram Destiny 2 bit for the entire ep.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Felix is right about wrestling making you crazy. I wrestled in high school and I'm extremely broke brained and think everything bad in my life is my fault.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

That's a real southern accent.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Yeah, that's just how he talks. It's not a work.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Halloween Jack posted:

I know that Will is approximately the same age as me since Belladonna and Gianna Michaels are the first women who come to mind.

haha same. That's definitely the mid to late 30s tract.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

also the Rae Lil Black namedrop from Amber. That must be her proclivity

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

It's amazing how Israel "discovers" a cache of weapons in a hospital which maybe contains the quantity of guns you'd find in an average home in Texas.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Amber is fine

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I hope the whole Seeking Derangements crew comes on more. Jacques stories are pure chaos.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Wolfsheim posted:

I like Hesse but I can't get into Seeking Derangements after a few attempts, there needs to be some kind of balance to the gay catty riffing or it just spins itself into the aether

It's pretty hit and miss. The eps with guests tend to be the most funny imo.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I don't appreciate y'all calling me a racist or that my Casio keyboard music sucks. THIS IS UNFAIR!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I do enjoy hearing some good ole southern boys chopping it up about politics.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Halloween Jack posted:

Now, Watergate does not bother me--but does your conscience bother you? Tell me true.

that perfidious Neil Young...

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I left the article with the thought "drat. What's her deal?"

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

It's 15 bouts a tournament for the top two division over a 2 week span. In the lower divisions, it's 7 matches over 2 weeks.

Most sumo matches last only like 10 seconds or so and most of the time is taken up with pre bout rituals.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

PostNouveau posted:

Oh is that really all there is? I always assumed they were doing like best of 10 per match or like playing to 21 or something.

Well the other thing is that there's like 600 wrestlers fighting each day so the matches start at like 8 in the morning and end late in the evening. They only televise the top two divisions because everybody below that is still considered in training. There's a sumo thread in SAS if you want to learn more. We even do a fantasy pool every tournament.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I never understood how the FF8 level scaling messed with players especially since you can straight up break the game in like 5 hours with the junction system.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Can't believe they enlisted a surgeon from antiquity to perform trepanation on Matt's skull.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Maybe all these CIA operatives are just coming down off molly or percs and their stummy hurts?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

COPE 27 posted:

It's weird how normal Jacques is when no one's bullying him

he's probably not ripping dabs in the middle of the chapo stream like he is on seeking derangements

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Isentropy posted:

Re Sheridan: I'm pretty sure Tyler Perry is SUPER popular among black boomers and in a different way he's a paint by numbers guy too. I have no interest in his stuff at all but it's sort of important to get his themes, if only because his fans are my family and it's kinda funny once you figure it out (dark skin man bad, over educated black woman bad, etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJtYVpLAZmI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Ibram Gaunt posted:

[getting extremely mad that Chris pronounces Hatsune Miku wrong] Good episode.

Through this ep, I have learned that there are Hatsune Miku renditions of Bach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3GX4dWafvo