Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This is the best podcast that itunes is producing. Very good and smart and reason you don't need twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Whoa poo poo, really? I can't even imagine listening without at least some knowledge of the various weirdo Twitter tropes and personalities that they rag on perpetually.

between SA and Chapo you don't.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Makes sense. I've been thinking about deleting my Twitter account again, so that would be a decent combo to get the highlights.

cool. glad a spot is opening up for mine. thanks man

edit: too lazy to update paypal to get some extra boys. and you know Cum town the show they promote? it is hot garbage.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:eyepop:

Whoa

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

im sorry about your sense of humor. may i recommend the mcelroy brothers

So which of the three boys are you?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i figured out why cum town isn't funny to me. i'm not a 34 year old burnout who hasdone drugs consistently since the age of 14 when i started huffing spray paint.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lots of baseball cranks in here

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Okonner posted:

You've posted like a Bernout before though.

probably why i really connect with the trap house

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I don't know how they could have gotten the sound quality worse, but the boys did it.

Good episode though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i liked the part where they read him being friendzoned and then him having to bring hookups to girls instead of being the hookup.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Or they could just buy new mics and a nicer setup with the first 12k they get. Jesus Christ

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

How did that go?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Has the House had a black guest yet?

I'm sure Benjamin Dixon will pop up sooner or later.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

on the patreon, do you get charged for each episode or just once a month?

GalacticAcid posted:

Of interest to the Chapo-verse ~ Brendan James and Sam Biddle provoked Matt Yglesias into explicitly apologizing for his legendary "actually terrible working conditions in Bangladesh are good" article.

this makes me very happy. was it posted in USPol?

Joementum posted:

"I think the only successful sovereignty was Goon Island." ~ Felix, on this week's premium ep.

how many more episodes until they reveal usernames?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pharmaskittle posted:

Just once a month and pledging gets you the back catalogue of premium eps too, it's a good deal

cool. have never interacted with patreon and the option seems to say per episode and there is no way I'm paying $25 a month.

emdash posted:

do not think so, based on a quick search

that is too bad. the folks it would get the best reaction out of do not post at this time usually.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

Patreon only charges you if they actually release the promised episodes each month, which is why it seems to say "pay per episode". I've only been charged $5/mo so far.

great!

Next week will be Alex Jones show followed by Chapo all week.

CortezFantastic posted:

some secrets are better kept as such imo

we will find out they are MiGF, Baloogan, and Boosted.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

There's a meltdown in USPol any time someone makes a post.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I know digcast is parody/satire, but do they get some real guests or is it people who sound like the supposed guest?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

All the guests are real.

I was in the fence with DigCast, but it is firmly in place as top 10 podcast now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Carl explaining smooth brains to an astonished and horrified Kornacki is incredible.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the thing that always gets me about digcast is how it will have legitimate discussion between virgil and the guest and then suddenly it'll just become half an hour of virgil and a stranger doing improv about how fuckin weird carl is

the one that's like entirely about carl's dating life and camworkers is probably my favorite

Yeah those get a little weird sometimes when Carl disappears for half the episode.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Puppy Galaxy posted:

just found out ross douthat is doing a lecture called "why america (still) needs conservatism" or something tomorrow and i'm actually thinking about it

I endorse and give my blessing. Is it free? Trip report would be cool if you go.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Literally posted:

drat,about time they upgraded their audio equipment.

Sorry it is an elaborate troll. Please give them money so they can troll you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Puppy Galaxy posted:

it is free, i invited my buddy who turned me onto the podcast originally on facebook as a joke and now he really wants to do it. i have profoundly mixed feelings going to see a guy I don't like speak in person at an event that will probably be poorly attended

philips exeter academy, it is one of two elite NH prep school famous for Students who Do Rapes

You might be surprised at how infuriated, shocked, and humored at these types of events. Your friend and you will have a night of talking about how stupid Ralph is.

Plus there might be a q&a and you could ask if he would choo-choo-choose you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Your dispatches from the GOP primaries were so loving funny. I think about this post frequently:

I posted about it in USPol: July and the thread reacted with collective revulsion as the unspeakable memory resurfaced.

Yeah they were fun. I should have gone to the roast and ride this year, but I can't give them more money. And that trump picture will follow me to my grave I fear.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm glad Felix and will fixed their audio by buying a new setup. Matt can gently caress off with his still poo poo audio. Bet he just bought maga hats and marijuana pipes with his third of the a/v budget.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This would be fun to go to. Like a debate night party.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This weeks digcast is a crossover episode with the dollop and it very good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm still cracking up about Dave Anthony playing a level headed version of himself and everything Carl does to needle him doesn't work to work up the famous Dave rage.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Noam Chomsky posted:

What's the third? Cumtown?

scumbag podcast.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Barbe Rouge posted:

Can someone tell me in which episode they take a dump on Gorilla Mindset?

Everyone episode is recorded under the Gorilla Mindset. The boys haven't jacked it in months.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

Apparently the crowd was shushing them because they wanted to watch the debate :psyduck:

The thing might have worked better if they did a pre game chatter and post game chatter live.

Alternatively they did an mst3k after it had aired.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

Seems like if you wanted to watch the debate without dudes talking over it, don't go to a show advertised as dudes talking over the debate :shrug:

did you go to the show joe?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/carl_diggler/status/786716202043342850

carl needs to get mark on

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/787325375785218048

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/brandyljensen/status/788089613403430912
This insane mess is available grey wolves.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Everybody here is married or volcel dude

lets not kid ourselves.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/792454432231452674

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

"Oh my gosh that's shiney!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

PSA and PSW and Chapo are all good and should be listened to. Lovett is the best host on PSA because he is obviously done with the BS. Vietor is also good but still believes in the system. Fav is a dipshit brought to you by squarecash (I love the Monday episodes when tommy and Jon mock him during commercials).

Edit: is Felix done with the digcast?