Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Neeksy posted:

Regardless, him just embracing it and not having everyone freaking out about the signifiers it represents or whatever is exactly the thing to remove the wind from it.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Just go suck Joe biden's dick already you freaks

Edit: the irony poisoned assholes saying biden is good doesn't mean he actually is. loving morons.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Yeah luckily trump forced that hand!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Plus the extended unemployment.

And project warp speed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Has chapo talked about the USA caused famine in afghanistan?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Bust Rodd posted:

Every time I get banned or whatever other goons always buy back my avatar and upgrades so that kinda checks out

Do you think being probed is being banned?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Bust Rodd posted:

Thats how good memes work, they take on a life of their own and they proliferate into real life. He’s gonna be Brandon for the next 1 and a half years.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Seams posted:

I’ve seen people say that masks should be made mandatory even after the pandemic. Just weirdo poo poo.

Wow!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I will never forgive Felix for bailing on "A Million Little Things" and depriving us of the episode where Felix and his sister have to talk about Ron Livingston killing himself because of 9/11 survivor's guilt.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

MadJackal posted:

Lol, they’re going to delete yesterday’s episode if Russia actually invades Ukraine.

You should join the military.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

NienNunb posted:

I listen to Chapo, and Cum Town

We can tell

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

MadJackal posted:

This is a fan forum for smug insufferable Lefties whose favorite podcasters choke when it comes to predicting major world events, while still proclaiming perfect oracle level vision.

Choked on Clinton winning, choked on Trump's Ukraine scandal, choked on Bernie 2020, choked on the Absolute Boy, choked on Russia's intentions on Ukraine. These guys are entertaining but if your brand is being right all the time, maybe don't gently caress up every major world event prediction.

Go sign up for the military and stop putin.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

MadJackal posted:

Do you really need an adult to explain to you the US isn't sending freshly trained mass troops to Ukraine?

Ok then get on a plane and head to Ukraine. You can be the change you want to be.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

MadJackal posted:

Nailed it bro.

Coward like every lib

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Will- Ezra Klein
Matt- Melissa bell
Felix- Matt yglesias

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

net work error posted:

There was Dragonball Super but I'm not sure if that's still around or not.

Nothing like listening to 2 mentally ill people screech at Alex ptak.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

net work error posted:

GEO Group also runs all the ICE camps and some prisons too I think. :)

A great company to have in your portfolio. Solid returns.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Bust Rodd posted:

Glenn Greenwald & Jimmy Dore seem like aggressively evil & malignant people, why would BJG throw her lot in with them? Every time I see those two men come up online it’s next to the absolutely most insipidity toxic takes imaginable

Glenn purposely wraps correct takes in incendiary language to piss illiterates off. If you stop and digest what he says they mostly boil down to correct takes. The man feels betrayed by a country, party, and former audience and he is a petty, vindictive, liberal narcissist. He is also a d&d debate troll incarnate.

Dore is an idiot.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 10, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Sephyr posted:

Glenn's takes are correct in such a far-removed and reality-divorced fashion they are borderline useless at this point, and I say this as a brazilian who has to thank him for publishing stuff here in Brazil that no one would and just might lead to Bolsonaro finally getting tossed out.

It's like "The US imperialist dogma machine has a great reach and willing enablers!" (With you so far...) followed immediately why "And that is why this reactionary racist billionaire loon is the new FDR!" (wait, what?)

I'm not even paraphrasing that much. Just a couple of days ago he was gushing on Twitter over how Tucker Carlson deeply and genuinely apologized for his"old, bad takes". People rightfully asked when that happened and what he had said. Glenn waved it off and said it had for sure happened, then moved on to ramble about people being mean to crypto because they love banks and want to kiss them on the mouth.

And his take on roe v. Wade might be McArdle-grade idiotic and rules-lawyery. gently caress, can you imagine playing on a tabletop RPG game with him as the DM? "I think it has ever been perfectly clear that the good baron's law against missile weapons also apply to -thrown- weapons, so it is really your fault that he is sentencing you to death, Rethgard! Your protests only make you look bad."

Yep he has stupid takes too! He likes to wrap a simple, reasonable take in utter nonsense to piss off liberals. He also likes to be willfully ignorant and the most credulous man alive. He uses "reading and listening in good faith" in a bad faith way. Truly a master of his craft.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 10, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Mr. Grinch posted:

wait someone please post this david cross incident

During a recording, Matt Christman told David Cross that Matt would like to "Gargle his balls." Matt was 100% serious and this is the reason he had to move to LA when the audio leaked.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Fsmhunk posted:

It's funny to see everyone in this thread talking about what podcast is bad when the hosts of Chapo all like these guys you think of as unfunny loosers way better than you. They hate you! You have to realize as a Chapo fan you are like second from the bottom of the food chain when it comes to podcast heads, like only MBMBAM fans are less clouted.

Jokes on you. I neither listen to or like chapo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

I wish this dude wouldn't obsess over the red scare people

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Devo was started because of Kent State, but they didn't hit it big until new wave and post-punk blew up in the late 70s-80s. Their music is very good. Check out there first album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTH_mGg_rVw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Halloween Jack posted:

This is the least horny AOC cartoon he's done, yeah?

There are movement lines around her butt to indicate aocia is twerking.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Jones isn't cia, but like other right wing talk hosts is just receiving shadow funding from the mercers, kochs, or theils of the world.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Musk gave the documents to Taibbi and Greenwald seemingly. Unsurprising since both became parts of the right wing culture war media who had shreds of credibility still.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
There is a story here of massive censorship, media complicity, and government overreach but it is the same story we have had since spanish-american war 9/11. Nothing that has been revealed is new.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

some plague rats posted:

What the gently caress

Is someone manually re-adding all these freaks? Or have they just unbanned every single suspended account??

Elon is unbanning high profile banseveryone for :byodood:FREE SPEECH:byodood:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I will say that I'm surprised the Patreon industry as a whole hasn't taken more of a hit with the price of groceries being what it is but I guess when you're looking for places to cut, $5 a month doesn't seem like the most obvious place to start

Or the people that subscribe to patreons are just rich liberals.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
A hit liberal will tut-tut

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/JakeLahut/status/1636337913230139394?t=OoDQQuxMWmKYE-pqEY95jA&s=19

Meatball Ron eating like a toddler. He cannot beat our good (great) favorite President, can he folks?

From that thread about Ron being a pig
https://twitter.com/AlecMacGillis/status/1558646914408742913?t=PrNRD39rQIrsY3-WksSSmw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, History of the World Part 1, Spaceballs, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and Dracula: Dead and Loving it are all great movies.
These happen to be all the Mel brooks films I have seen