Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

They're pretty funny and definitely well-read on the entire political/intellectual/media class circlejerk, although at times the railing against American centrist libs is a bit less fun. I mean don't get me wrong, there's plenty there to go after about the Democrats and many prominent American liberals being ineffective pro-business shills, but it does sound a little "People's Front of Judea" to listen to. Worth it to hear them go deep on racial phrenology and incel interpretations of Lex Luthor.

Seriously though, the stuff they dig up in their reading sections is stunning. I don't know how some of these guys they profile have jobs with some of the things they've willingly admitted to in print. Jesus, that Charles Murray bit where he vehemently defends visiting prostitutes in south-east asia as seducing "ladies of the evening" while working for a think-tank dreaming up ways to terrorize villages into submission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, I'll grant they've definitely got enough self-awareness to keep any leftist circular firing squad stuff mostly in check. I was leery when they did an interview with that guy from Jacobin but it was pretty much fine.

Also that was absolutely not my mental image of Will.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

fatherboxx posted:

Don't know why they don't approve of Baileys Cereal, the Reince special

That bugged me because I thought Reince's "baileys in my cereal" comment was a really well-known line and joke but none of them seemed to recognize it and just ragged on those dastardly Democrats for being drunks.

The whole RNC episode was a little tiresome for the straining to not sound like every other left-of-center outlet, like Matt wanting to point out the obvious that Trump's speech was obliquely fascist but having to preface it three times that he hadn't thought of Trump as fascist up to that point so he wasn't being hyperbolic like all those other commentators. Going hard after people who critiqued the whole Melania plagiarism story was also a little eye-rolling, you don't need to go to sexual pathology to understand why embarrassingly sloppy speech editing might reflect poorly on a political campaign.

It was still pretty good and I loved the Carson opening, but I suspect the DNC episode will have even more posturing.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Regular Nintendo posted:

The lovely democrat engagement ideas cracked me up, especially since two of them were duplicates and I think three of them were basically just "drink"

Yeah to be fair missing the Baileys reference was small potatoes compared to the baloney line, that cracked me up.