Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

street fight feels like the real dirtbag left, since they don't have the bougie air of NY+60k a month patreon (mostly joking, calm yourself).

I really like street fight because it feels like having a discussion with my working class family, except they aren't racist temporarily embarrassed millionaires. I think they are funny and insightful and good dudes.

On the other hand I couldn't get in to Cum Town at all, so perhaps Chapo is the podcast to truly unite the weird left together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

I just made a thread for Street Fight Radio if any of y'all want to come join the party: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824717

Cum Town people, please stay in your ghetto.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

is the new live ep worth listening to

is this posted somewhere? i don't see it on the black wolf feed

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Bryan floated doing another Movies Cinematic Universe series watching all the terrible Mike Myers films like the Love Guru. He’s already done episodes on Epic Movie, Meet The Spartans, Date Movie, Scary Movie and so much more. He has a superhuman tolerance for pain and suffering.

Was this on Street Fight? Do you have any links?

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Analytic Engine posted:

Stav's special is out and he's predictably great. Organic crowd work and a super confident delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNpkhX85yf0

this was really hilarious

idk i find him and adam friedland very funny but cannot get in to cum town at all. maybe i just like a more structured podcast rather than a hanging out with the bros loosey goosey type thing.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

I just saw Stavvy pop up on tinder

S…should I?

Edit: yea i absolutely swiped right 🤞

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

i think jorts is cute and harmless and i don't get their weird anti-jorts stance. kind of seems like they are a bit jelly tbh. it's ok for some aspect of leftist culture to not be doom poisoned, and for there to be a cute and light voice joining the chorus for a serious progressive push. it's not the first doggo woof account or something where it's i can haz cheezeburger style baby talk, it's just a dude who writes tweets about labor and posts pictures of an adorable orange tabby.

for any other jortsheads though, he put out a tweet with mad-at-instacart-lady quashing the beef so sorry to say to the chapos that the cat has not been cancelled.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

im trying to get through the new ep but im only 5 minutes in and already can't take this level of vocal fry from both of the faux hosts

e: i skipped through, this was the whole ep apparently. not to my taste but i hope everyone had fun.

matureaudiencesonly fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 28, 2022

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

this most recent ep was incredible, im crying laughing at the kass article. the dark charms of jesters :laffo:

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

i really appreciated will's intro for this most recent episode. i know it can feel hack when every media/corporate mouthpiece does lip service to a highly publicized tragedy, but this didn't feel like kohl's tweeting black lives matter. idk, i appreciate the attempt to point out that though we get together at the trough to enjoy some jokes at the expense of the wealthy deranged, these people, their connections, their ideologies, and their ultimate goals really are about causing pain and death to entire communities. and sometimes it's nice to hear the jokeman share a vulnerable moment of humanity with the rest of us as we somewhat helplessly watch this horror progress and unfold. im glad he took a minute to hold space for the Q nightclub victims and fought against inertia in american culture to treat every new mass shooting as business as usual.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

i also was struck by how bad the music was. like i was actually stunned. i kept expecting it to end and be a short little clip like they do between segments some times but no, it was a whole awful track.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

i think the SVU episode was fun even as someone who has never seen an episode of SVU but i kept thinking that katherine and will's entire relationship must just be exchanging "you know"s back and forth together forever

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

the professor on the new ep seems very informed and it was an interesting topic and he made a lot of cool points but at a certain point all i could hear was

you know, you know, you know, you know

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Pharmaskittle posted:

replace all cis women podcasters with trans women because let's be real, they're funnier and understand video games

edit: the exception is British ones, for some reason it's the opposite there

this is a weird lovely thing to say

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I don't like that they went after Ben Shapiro for wearing a yarmulke all the time. That's just his religion, there's nothing wrong with it, just like when a Muslim woman wears a headscarf all the time.

Yea I agree, that part of the commentary wasn’t cool or relevant. I actually cringed when Will brought it up.

I was looking forward to this ep but ended up not really liking it. Previous movie episodes they actually walked through the plot in a linear fashion so the listeners could actually understand what went on, and in this ep I think unfortunately they ended up enacting their main complaint about the movie itself - they were so busy getting in their dunks and grousing that they were just being mad instead of funny or clear. Not like this pile of garbage deserved any serious effort but it was hard to follow and not that funny imo.

It’s ok, at least we’re ending the year knowing that Matt continues to get better :unsmith:

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

It makes me so happy to hear will and hesse’s delight over beau is afraid. My absolute favorite movie that i will never rewatch :3:

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

I didnt listen to the interview yet but fwiw in its forceful efforts to expand north columbia did on the sly work with the nypd to send people to rikers who didn’t want to move or sell to them.

of course it doesn’t look like this from the outside and was using existing oppressive systems to gentrify (as gentrification almost always works) but still, the poo poo they did was legit evil in service of building a shiny new business school. gently caress columbia admin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Men was solid and Ex Machina kicked off my personal infatuation with Oscar Isaac so both good imo

I wanted to see Civil War but either here or in some other thread I saw someone mention that they thank andy ngo in the credits potentially because they used his footage? And i outed myself as an internet poisoned person by mentioning this at a party last night when someone asked why I had reservations about seeing it :eng99: