Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Corek posted:

Former goon Wood Thrush/current tweeter Hermit Thrush gets a letter in this week.

I don't think that was thrush. Unless he's operating on a level of irony that's beyond my comprehension I doubt thrush would write something that aggressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Love that boy.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

The Trap House is for the children.

I like the Bruenigs more because the most insufferable, lovely people despise them.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

It's the philly live show with about 5 minutes of the weird people they met there that they talk about. Also the audio is only out of the left channel for some reason.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Peace Frog posted:

Speaking of, can anyone identify the ep where Matt goes on a tear against David Frum? Trying to find the clip as a way of introducing new listeners to the show. loving beautiful.

If it wasn't Frum, it was some other neocon involved in Iraq.

Was it a part in ep 10 where they were talking to Derek Davison about the blob?

Edit: Think I found it. Ep. 22 1:13:36

Literally fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 5, 2016

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

Don't mind me, incels. I'll be getting some Vitamin D and having sex.

My D levels are fine it's my T levels that are problematic.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

What is the episode where Will asks Felix to be Gulen while he plays Heather Podesta? Felix plays it like some 1980s cartoon villain and it cracks me up but I can't find it.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

It Just Got Worse posted:

Episode 31 I'm pretty sure.

Yep, starts at 16:10. Thank you.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

👏seventeen👏 seventy👏 six👏

NEW YORK CITY!

Noam Chomsky posted:

Wasn't Brandon Wardell on an episode of Chapo? I found him really annoying and couldn't listen to the whole episode, sadly.

He was on Cum Town too. Apparently Amber, Nick and Felix share an apartment and one of Amber's cats puked in front of Brandon and he started screaming.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Pappyland posted:

Which episodes are these in?

1) Ep. 17
2) Ep. 12
3) Ep. 23

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

drat,about time they upgraded their audio equipment.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Sorry it is an elaborate troll. Please give them money so they can troll you.

drat it. Not again.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

I don't know, I think Cum Town has better jokes but I think Chapo has better referential humor that gives it more mileage.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Yaws posted:

Did Amber Frost get her twitter account banned?

First of all WTF???

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Yaws posted:

What? Did I get her name wrong?

"First of all, WTF, second of all are you ok?" is more of a twitter thing so I get it if you didn't get the joke.

It's the twitter white knight clarion call.

Edit: Clarified a bit.

Literally fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 20, 2016

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Have there been anymore Frost/Christman episodes since the Olympics one? Are they still in the Chapo feed or have they branched off?

So far not yet. Chapo's regular but their spin offs need to get their poo poo together.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Kunster posted:

I think I recall them saying that FrostCristman was a biweekly podcast.

That word also curses The Dollop.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

It's a real shame the character Felix plays in the dig cast is the most boring person imaginable.

They're mocking the most bland, mayonnaise dipshits on earth so that doesn't surprise me.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

BBJoey posted:

who is your favourite trap house enemy group, friends? I like the trad caths but can't go past the tankies for their ideological purity and CIA psyop theories

e: I think the fact that I know every single one of the various groups in opposition to a leftist internet podcast is evidence for the deleterious effect of Twitter on your mental health

The tankies are my fave. Everything they say is basically gibberish outside of their circle of locked accounts that tweet each other all day. Best of all being that one of their key figures being a millionaire smut heiress.

Edit: Oh and said smut heiress seems to believe they all live in a park slope mansion.

Literally fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 29, 2016

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

How do I get into this podcast and understand any of the lingo in this thread

Read the wiki and understand that the further back you go the worse the audio quality will be. Episode 5 was my first and so my favorite but it sounds awful.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

Step 1:
Punch the Bursar, Burr, sir.

You must be Aaron Burr, Sir.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

How do I get into this podcast and understand any of the lingo in this thread

Let's do a quick lexicon:

Rod Dreher : Writes for The American Conservative. Trans-phobic.
Ross Douthout: A New York Times columnist and Never-Trump conservative.
Dennis Prager: Martial Rape Advocate.
Ron Fournier: Both sides are wrong. The truth is in the middle. Love that boy.

Feel free to add on.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

quote:

As far as I'm concerned, the best opening that they've ever done was a take on Mike and the Mad Dog (a New York sports radio show) where they discuss who the most woke male ally is on Twitter, and there's an extended riff on Arthur Chu in it. I don't remember what episode that was in, though.

That was episode 20 where they talked about UFC.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Bryter posted:

Hmm tons of products already exist to replace meals, but when tech dicks try it they totally gently caress it up. How strange and unexpected.

I tried Chef-At-Home once and ended up having to call my bank to have them block payments to them because you couldn't actually cancel that bullshit. They'd keep sending and charging after you had canceled and they had no loving tech support.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Who the gently caress is eating at the start

In my imagination they were sitting around a dinner table and recording their casual conversation. Don't ruin this for me.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

red19fire posted:

A cat that can't stop vomiting and making GBS threads on everything probably wasn't meant to survive on this earth.

Did Amber's cat die?

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

quote:

I SAID I MAY NOT BEEE... Dale Earnhardt... but I SMASHED in to the... loving WALL BECAUSE I COULDN'T TURN LEFT.

That may be my favorite democrat voice.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Corek posted:

Turn left Dale!! Noo

Evergreen.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Have they ever talked about Cenk Uygar denying the Armenian Genocide on the show?

They only mentioned The Young Turks once when they were beating them on Itunes. "There can be only one Turk based podcast." Other than that, no.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

VStraken posted:

Anybody recall/got links to Matt's quote about civility politics? It was pretty early on (somewhere around the first ten eps) and I think there was at least a tweet or article somewhere that quoted him, and it sounded something along the lines of "we live in a crumbling empire on a dying planet, a politics of civility is neither productive nor meaningful"

I think he was quoting Amber's article The Necessity of Political Vulgarity.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Can you only be half in? Molly and the locked accounts seem to be all in with what ever cordycep induced delusions they are obsessed with.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

On curiouscat.me Will said that he and Matt had never used the SA forums. He wasn't sure about Felix though.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Woke Crypt Keeper the newest meme of 2017.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

They talk about Dan in the latest episode of Cum Town with Will.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

"Jews cucked my balls"

I don't remember Cum Town doing that version of Feliz Navidad.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

I believe that Brenden confirmed that it's exactly that. Hillary's America to be specific.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Slanderer posted:

I listened to the Call of Cthulhu patreon episode again because it's so drat good. (except for felix changing character mid game. save that poo poo for the next campaign man).

if you haven't subscribed, do it now

Virgil really was the star of that episode. I've never table top gamed but if Virgil wrote the scenario I'd be down.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

I enjoyed that episode. It was Will and Felix heavy and I think Brenden was on mic more than Matt Christman (I like Matt's rants). I was listening to it and it reminded me of their early episodes but with better audio quality.

Edit:

I get you man ^^^

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

prefect posted:

I've been giving it a shot, and by episode 3, I think it's pretty good. Definitely improving, at least. And I see they had David Cross on at one point?! :monocle:

The David Cross episode is a miss for me because they gently caress with him in a sort of a The Aristocrats! way and if you don't think that's funny I would't recommend it.

Literally fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

oatgan posted:

Cross immediately picks up on the bit and runs with it too though?

To be honest dude I didn't make it that far. Turned me off to the show for a while.