Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I thought the Adam Curtis mock intro was the best intro of the show so far, up until, well, the heartfelt, funny, and angry "I may not be... Johnny Knoxville... but I ate poo poo on Live TV" bit in Episode 58.

ETA: the best explanation for Hamilton is a way too long "Epic Rap Battles of History" sketch (and really any sketch of any length of that series was too long)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

Tim Scott won his most recent SC senate race by a much wider margin than Lindsey Graham.

But also lol no nobody's voting for Yea

there's that vid of Tim Scott trying to get Sinema to at least talk to a constituent at the airport like "buddy it's your job"

Ye would fail that test

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Gripweed posted:

you're a moron

Random riffs about obscure video games and worshipping terrible art to be contrarian now that truly rocks

Félix can be awesome: (Fighting In The Age of Loneliness) but he often phones it in

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

You need a smartphone to live but setting it to "only contact me about jobs/work stuff on my work burner or if you're a friend of mine" helps your quality of life

Otherwise use it to read your favourite sportswriter on the go

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I know it's XKCD but that bit about how [letters/radio/TV] was CORRUPTING the young generation stays relevant

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

getfiscal is too good to post among mere mortals

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

little munchkin posted:

He lied about his identity/background to such an severe extent that you can't really dismiss it, and it wasn't financial/sexual/political stuff that they're all lying about so there's no rhetorical benefit to defending. Sticking your neck out for him would actually make you look bad.

In addition to dressing in drag hes tried to recruit trans people to the republican party in the past (when youre supposed to demonize them to solidify your base). Dude is not in the club and does not know how the game is played.

Yup Biden's lying and misquoting could be pretty easily explained away (ignore that it kept happening thanks) in individual moments. I misremembered, my staffer wrote that, etc

This guy was multiple different people

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Bar Crow posted:

Covid is the number 3 cause of death behind all types of heart disease combined and all types of cancer combined. Expressing any concern about this is considered a sign of mental illness.

Counterpoint: everyone in COVID thread is a pro computer toucher who doesn't have to work with the public anyway

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I disagree with Felix because in the really really really unlikely event Nikki Haley became a challenger she’d get returned to being “Nimrata” in 5 seconds

Like they haven’t gotten less racist since the McCain Bush primary lol

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

there are some teams that do it consistently but all you have to do is look at sunderland to see what would actually happen if a ted lasso like incident was happening

in general the entire show is built on the idea that sports outside of america don't count so it's not a big deal

For reference Claudio Rainieri got fired the season after he took Leicester City to then won a championship against “lions win the Super Bowl” odds when Leicester got near the drop zone again IIRC

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I’m at the Montreal live show.

How bad are their Quebec jokes. The Ontario bits seemed okay but getting a Crunchie was a bit too far

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

i say swears online posted:

isn't francis' election in the first place proof that that majority was a paper tiger? i don't know how that works or what the internal politics were like upon his ascending

I also wonder whether it’s because if the church is just racist prosperity gospel stuff like the American catholic elites want they’ll never be able to match up with evangelicalism, which is like the religion for neoliberal capitalism

The head of Ethiopia is openly an American style evangelical I think now lol

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

net work error posted:

Isn't this the Brit they were talking about the other day?
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-67066728

Yes, Routledge is the war tourist guy they were making fun of on the last premium ep

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Obama featured good games but basically every AAA sports game became unplayable microtransaction hell. A real paradigm shift

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I feel that anyone who wants to become a North American (Anglo only) mayor is weird by default. You’re blamed for everything. Your powers only exist so far as the legislature allow them. Up here in Canada they can just change the mayoral election boundaries during the election and tell you to eat poo poo.

It’s gonna attract weird little guys like Adams and Hazel McCallion and Rob Ford

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Jacques' alright, I guess. He's wrong about a lot of things. Raccoons are disgusting monsters which should be exterminated. Possums are creepy, but less offensive if only because they're dumber and less persistent.

As a Torontonian we need a crusade against racoons, they suck and don't eat ticks like skunks or possums

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Mae posted:

I like the vibe of having the seeking derangements folks rotate through, but I'd like to hear from honorary other hosts Dan Boekner and Derek Davidson soon

I don't feel Dan Boeckner has ever been on? (Bring back bottlemen it was the only good Canadian politics podcast)

Davison for obvious reasons should be back soon.

Re Sheridan: I'm pretty sure Tyler Perry is SUPER popular among black boomers and in a different way he's a paint by numbers guy too. I have no interest in his stuff at all but it's sort of important to get his themes, if only because his fans are my family and it's kinda funny once you figure it out (dark skin man bad, over educated black woman bad, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

It was definitely an interview with a college student activist. Layers and layers of buzzwords and sociological terms to argue the case for something really obvious to anyone with a conscience.

Lol she called herself Latinx or something

She's got the right idea and gentrification IS a form of colonialism. It's literally taking land that used to belong to minorities and giving it over to whites. Am I crazy or is that not obvious?