Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Special Ed Buck Breaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Will: Asirpa
Matt: Sugimoto
Felix: Shiraishi

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

McCardle had a slam dunk column on her hands, just make your pie recipe your column and call it a day, but no

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cosmik Slop posted:

I know you kids like your pod casts with jokes and swearing and whatnot, but get this: what if it was more like model UN

Podcast live events are surprisingly similar to Model UN meets, the crucial difference being that the people having sex with teenagers at Model UN meets are just other teenagers

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

This man says he's physically feeling a dick

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Blago is fun to listen to the same way Robert Evans' audiobook is.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Oh this comes off more as one of those Madison Cawthorn “M’lady” CHUDs who think life is like the preface of his MGTOW books and they try to farm Twitter clout by posting poo poo like “Women will only ever respect a man in jeans!”

You're going a bit too far right with it, this is a Resistance type centrist guy who is extremely vocal about how he eats pussy in a specifically woman-respecting way. He's Joss Whedon by way of Art Of Manliness.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

White boys BEEN harping

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Being an actual grifter is way more cool than what Greenwald et al are doing, which is being annoying media figures

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alex Jones selling marked up snake oil claiming it can keep you from getting covid, that's a textbook grift. I don't think Brie has gotten into anything that profitable, though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

yeah but that doesn't also incorporate an easy simple reference to the media blatantly lying to everyone's face while knowing everyone knows they're lying and not giving a gently caress

Every time I watch a wrestling show and the announcers talk around the fact the audience is chanting "shut the gently caress up" at a heel it just goes to show the perfidious nature of the international media and their becrowned lapdog Jerry Lawler

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

prefect posted:

I was thinking about wearing Hawaiian shirts but stopped because I was told that was apparently a neo-nazi thing somehow. :(

Gay guys and big fat party animals won't let their culture get co-opted by the right that easily.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Two seasons of Justified are good, the next two are at least intermittently fun if trashier than the peak, and then it's just poo poo.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Every time I watch a movie about cops being good guys I double feature it with Hobo With A Shotgun as Fairness Doctrine compliance

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

prefect posted:

Maybe this article wasn't the one I was thinking of. But it does cover the episode I was thinking of:

In the seventh episode of season one, ‘48 Hours’, Jake arrests Dustin Whitman (Kid Cudi) - a black man who just got out prison after being arrested by Jake two years ago - for a robbery that matches his M.O. The problem is that Jake has no proper evidence other than his ‘gut feeling’. Because of the lack of evidence, he now only has 48 hours to prove that Whitman did it, if not, Whitman walks.

48 hours pass and the squad got nothing. Everyone is mad at Jake, not only for making them stay overnight to work on his irrational arrest but because he has potentially opened up the precinct for a lawsuit. But just as Whitman and his lawyer are about to leave, Jake has an epiphany and solves the case.

At the end of the day, they always get the guy. This is not the reality. Not only do cases go cold or take several arrests to find the right perp, but an estimated up to 5% of U.S. inmates are innocent of the crimes they are convicted for - this means that potentially over 100.000 people are sitting behind bars for no other reason judicial ‘mistakes’.

Aha, this is the article I was thinking of: https://penrosesun.tumblr.com/post/620369127807254528/more-people-need-to-understand-what-we-mean-when

The episode treats the main character’s behavior as though the problem is that he made work for his coworkers, not that he violated a suspect’s constitutional rights. It’s made very clear that his coworker’s date night is more important than a wrongfully arrested man being confined in a jail cell for two full days.

It is in fact illegal to go on a fishing expedition like the one depicted after detaining a suspect. The “you have 48 hours” rule is meant to give the courts time to hold the required probable cause hearing even when there is a court backlog, not to give the cops a chance to gather evidence. In fact, the SCOTUS case which created the 48 hour hold rule even explicitly says: “This is not to say that the probable cause determination in a particular case passes constitutional muster simply because it is provided within 48 hours. Such a hearing may nonetheless violate Gerstein if the arrested individual can prove that his or her probable cause determination was delayed unreasonably. Examples of unreasonable delay are delays for the purpose of gathering additional evidence to justify the arrest, a delay motivated by ill will against the arrested individual, or delay for delay’s sake.” The main characters are breaking the law, and it’s clear that the policy within their precinct is to break the law.

More importantly the show isn't funny

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

I’ve read Bram Stoker’s Dracula several times and I have literally no idea how it could be interpreted as a queer analogy. It’s like.. specifically against the text w/r/t the Count.

He's poly

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

vikings and viking media is boring because of the whole 'warrior spiritualist cultures' to pick from of the time they're one of the most dull

You may enjoy Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura, which places them in contrast with a spreading Catholicism in the early 1000s, bringing out some very interesting contrasts.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

net work error posted:

The animation is good too which is nice.

I've been waiting on the English dub because my mom prefers dubs and probably won't download an app to pirate manga so if I want to recommend it my avenues are limited, but I'm glad to know it looks good.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Fsmhunk posted:

poo poo, Chapo guys are third worst. I forgot about the podcast for evil gay guys.

I don't think Pete has a podcast yet

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Slanderer posted:

the episodes of e1 with tom are worse though. i blocked him before i had ever listened to e1 because he's a huge creep

He's just being silly

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

Butter raises your LDL (or “bad”) cholesterol levels because of its high quantity of saturated fat

drat they made that orange poo poo from Evangelion in real life

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's kinda like The Boys, you don't gotta sit through the full episodes, just clips of the good parts.

I agree that cum town is best enjoyed through highlights and compilations but The Boys is an extremely well-constructed and brisk show, it's all the good part.

Except for Hughie, but even he's not that bad, just a disappointingly Whedon take compared to the comic.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The worst thing about a handjob substitute teacher is that you've got cum on your hand for the rest of the Bill Nye tape

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The senatorial campaign of Stavros Halkias is imperiled when journalists unearth 500 hours of him calling his cohost "gay"

Stavros Halkias: Wrong About The One Inch Movie, Wrong For America

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If kids don't have to hide their phone use from the teachers at school how will they ever learn to hide their phone use from the boss at work

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Not true, you can also be British institution Adrain Chiles, patron saint of having nothing to say but the money is too good to turn down.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2022/05/30/adrian-chiles-funny-column-titles/

for a selection

On some level this guy has to know he's become the British Dave Barry

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Classic flubheads know that the lofi feel is what makes Street Fight special

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jippa posted:

That was a hilarious ep. Chapo is actually at it's best when everyone is really into the topic like that and are tripping over each other to get the burns in.

The psychoanalytic dissection of Chelsea is brutal, I love it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Entire episode is worth it for
"That's great news for R. Kelly."
"... Is it?"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Frost Ace posted:

Does anyone remember in which episode Matt and Virgil talked about attending some sort of politics/news based trivia night? I remember Virgil being very angry that they didn't receive their prize.

Episode 169 - Alternative Failson Tax.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Girl God were really funny on Pod About List a while back so I'll keep an open mind

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

terrorist ambulance posted:

Oh boy a media ep

SVU is a foundational American psychosis of the mid-00s, I'm glad it's Felix's new thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I absolutely understand Matt and Felix hanging back, Norman was absolutely cooking, he had an energy that must have been hard to match