Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Phone posted:

When I loaded up SoundCloud this morning, the top promoted track was by Goldman Sachs.

:stare:

Well was it fire or nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

After Matt's bonus episode I'm very excited for Will's, which I assume will be a Chapo Reading Series Audiobook.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That sample of Dan's Belgium gig was painful.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I think you'll find the funniest engineer is Joel Robinson of Gizmonic Institute.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

What are the best episodes of cum town?

The ones with Amber

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

Literal goddamn nazis don't need to be given another loving platform, thanks.

Has horseshoe theory broken your brain?

Given his use of "dialectic" he's been trying to cook up some of that immortal science and fried his mind.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

What does a well adjusted Nazi sound like?

Very low in the mix

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

You know what's a really new and subversive thing to say? That Hitler had a lot of really good ideas. That's not worn out in the slightest.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

Turns out they were just way ahead of the curve when they had Pat Buchanan on regularly.

Would you say they were ahead of...

The Bell Curve?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I think Mario fucks but Sonic the Hedgehog does not gently caress. Ever.

Filling his rounded belly with chili dogs.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dinesh D'Souza's 2024: I Am Literally Jafar Panahi But More Oppressed, coming to theaters this fall

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Look, when I say "all these Jews should be put in the goddamn showers," I'm just exercising good sportsmanship! Don't you remember gym class, you beta cuck?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

someone on my friends list posted a snapchat story of her buying a hillary clinton t shirt lmao

These people will never not be in denial

Usually when people buy shirts of losing presidential candidates, they're the cool ones like McGovern or Debs.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Impermanent posted:

what the gently caress is the balsach fallacy. I googled it and got a fuckin' pdf on spanish poetry from the 80's, an article on obama discussing the middle east from 2014, a dissertation on herman melville, and a fuckin' keynote address on whatever the gently caress "southern modernism" is. gently caress you. tell me what the gently caress this is.

it actually comes from "der balsach", german for "deez nutz"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Who was the chemist a parody of?

I'm assuming gamergate types.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Worst episode is the one where felix rambles about les mes for 30 minutes. Had to turn that one off.

That one owns actually

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Crotch posted:

I've never listened to Scumbag. Why should/shouldn't I?

If you like hearing a British guy constantly waffle on calling himself a moderate and pronounce "woman" and "women" interchangeably, it's your destination. It's also nice to hear Felix be more low key and talk about internet weirdos.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

emdash posted:

this is 100% the most annoying thing about scumbag

other than that, it's not in my top five podcasts, but it's pretty decent if I run out of new episodes of my top five (i'm not an archive listener kind of guy). It often feels aimless but there are quality bits almost every episode

Yeah this is about my take. Jesse is a terrible host though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

Yeah I couldn't stand the first episode of Cum Town, but this guest guy was pretty funny so I'll give it another shot. Is there an episode I should skip to?

Listen to the ones with Amber, they're the good ones

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Why is that anyway? Is it for religious reasons? Do people in the YPG even practice religion?

They need to maintain their Guerrilla Mindset, obviously.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

He was a Ron paul guy which kind of explains a lot. Lots of people followed him (me included) because he was anti-Clinton and pro-Bernie during the primaries but he really went sour in the general.

My favorite Tracey Fact was that he was into Jim Webb before it was cool.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Corek posted:

it's still not cool, which is ok because Tracey is still into him

Hillary will be taken off the ticket retroactively for emailing Sid Blumenthal, any day now.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Snowy posted:

Is Matt a goon? Buy a mic, Matt.

I'm assuming he's calling in, his audio is usually better

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Thanks, I couldn't find the right image to answer the question.

I love how this poo poo always mutates into factional fanfiction. Like, when dipshits started declaring everyone alphas and betas, soon being alpha wasn't enough. You wanted to be the people who were smarter than Alphas. You wanted to be Sigma. Smarter and better than alphas. Same with the pills.

It's what they learned from shonen anime, your power level needs to be bigger than everyone else's.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I don't know who the top two are but Jeet's avatar never fails to put a smile on my face.

I just assumed the top one was Matthew Lesko.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Matthew Lesko is a good guy, not a small brain.

(who are all those people, beside the Baseball Crank?)

Second is Michael Tracey, who went in too deep with irony during the campaign, and final form is Jeet Heer, the resident irony nerd of the New Republic. He tweets a lot, and is charmingly care given how much he seems to enjoy Chapo humor.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Isn't the alt right divorced of internet culture just straight up nihilism and white supremacy like the episode described?

There's also spiteful misogyny.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

what the hell is a centrist libertarian

Republicans who like weed.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

God drat this latest set of reading series entries is up there with Elfquest in terms of pure disgust.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dammit I thought it was The Daily Schwa, I was really excited for a daily podcast about vowel sounds

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm surprised Robby Soave got into museum reviews

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

I dunno how many other people listen, but injust discovered the Jacobin podcast and it's in the same sphere of politics and culture as chapo. Minus the irony. They've had Matt Brunig and Adam Curtis on recently.

Their interview with Kool AD is really good.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I love Waluigi, this is bullshit

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Gimmie a random Chapo episode to listen to. No live shows, paywalled eps are fine.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

It's appropriate that they had an MST3K guy on an ep because both Chapo and MST3K have a habit of having terrible opening skits.

Actually, the opposite.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

"The punishment? It's already happened."

God drat

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

That's so much better lmao

Yeah, like taking that ridiculous premise and actually making something interesting out of it is a next level dunk

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bob Roberts is also a good politics movie

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I may not be... GROVER... But I AM... IN THE HOUSE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

The middle class is a myth to separate workers. There are only two classes. Either you make your money by owning or by working.

Also this

What if your work involves owning in the colloquial sense