Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Where can you download non-Patreon episodes? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Some of the movie/tv ones are great: Reign on Me, The West Wing, The Newsroom, 300

I don’t know the episode numbers.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Chapo stream has been worth it just for the part where they made Matt play Fortnite and like 90 seconds in he exclaims"Oh! That's the Fort! I get it now!"
This only occurred to me a week ago. Kinda like when I realized after many years that Diddy's Kong Quest is a pun.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Is this a good Felix episode? I need a laugh for the train home.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Whatever I’ll read a book.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Matt's introduced me to some interesting writers, and Felix is a funny guy, but Will might be my favorite Chapo just for how downright nasty he can be to people who deserve it.
He's underrated.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Did anyone link the Dayton shooter to Matt’s Twitch command of “Kill yourself and everyone around you”

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I meant did they do it in bad faith.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The best part of that video is the spooky COMPLIANCE and SILENCE headings next to the clip of Matt blackout drunk on Twitch.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Follow the white trilby.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

yeah. it still made my train pleasant. shut up nerds.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I don’t recall Dune too well but I really liked the court intrigue stuff but thought the desert stuff was meandering crap.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

does anyone have the footage/audio Felix mentioned of Trump saying "I can be very nice but I can also be very NASTY."

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

you’re just asking me because you don’t know the password

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

replaying mgs2 recently it's quite a dumb and boring story until you get to Arsenal Gear. kojima's storytelling chops stepped up in 3, then vanished in 4.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Does that show ever get good? I've never been about to sit through more than like half an ep of it.
It rules which is why Chapo's mocking Kurt Sutter confused me at first but apparently he had less control over it than in his later shows.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

It also has real good standalone plots like the psychological battle of Dutch vs the smug serial killer from season 1.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Mark who?
Zuckerburg says he ivited people from "across the political spectrum" to discussions or something but that just meant libs and conservatives.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

https://twitter.com/fyeahmfabello/status/1196880746381807617

when you're super empathetic

also alternate joke: this is the kinda humble brag that only a PhD would do
that's imagination and only slightly

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

papa horny michael posted:

simply gobsmacked at her other tweet saying Stewart lee is planning to vote conservative
lol what

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Can’t think of anything more embarrassing than being justifiably ratioed by Trump supporters
That's the journo beaming at the camera next to Richard Spencer who tried to sell the photo as an act of bravery on her part.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/GunPossum/status/1197372475274940416?s=19

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

spendy wendys

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I think it's entirely because he likes saying gooners.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I just read a book about the fall of Byzantium, who were ripe for the picking because they were isolated culturally and economically from the rest of Europe. It wasn't by choice though. What I'm saying is the French should take note.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

how shitfaced and angry is matt
it was recorded before the results

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I liked Will's joke about CATS being Virgil's Red Dragon becoming.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

Will and Virgil are confirmed sex perverts. Will was quoted in that article about the poetry reading and drug-fueled orgy in The Cut

as for the podcast, Matt's been getting on my nerves a little lately. he's been leaning way too heavily on buzzwords, catchphrases, and funny voices. i've noticed he's stopped trying to do a good Trump impersonation and is just going all-in on talking like Jiminy Glick, which was cool at first but has also gotten annoying
I like how Felix has infected his vocabulary.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Virgil's wonk/lame puns act is one of my favourite things on Chapo.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Matt's analogy is bad because Constantine XI was a good and courageous commander who almost managed to break the siege and died fighting.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

This race is about who came in first and third.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Does the judge who hired the private firm to prosecute Dozinger preside over the case even after that? On the face of it that sounds insane? How could they possibly be seen to be impartial?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Goddamn Amber is a good writer.
https://damagemag.com/2020/05/14/im-not-wearing-a-mask/

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Good writing includes being concise. No need to act like it's the fall of civilization because someone doesn't want to read 5 pages of "wearing a mask is necessary, but can we all agree it sucks rear end???".
all things should be expressed in 3 emojis or less

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Why didn't you write at least 10 paragraphs to make this point? You're such a bad writer.
If you can't see the essay as an incisive read that couldn't compact all its points and its emotional layer in a single tweet then go off I guess.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I'd heard snippets of Biden but the things in this episode drove home how loving accurate E1's depiction of him is.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Y'ALL READY FOR THIS?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

John go W key for your girl, man

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Uncle's Houseboat and its sequel (the latter starring Matt and Will, and Felix is in both) are top tier E1 episodes.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

well why not posted:

These E1 episodes on Uncle Houseboat are incredible. There’s too many quotes to highlight and they move past insane lines so quickly. Like, “Michael Phelps was born in a pool” doesn’t even register.

"so are birds snakes bird or are birds snakes?"

"He loving crashed his Lambo into the Weinermobile and completely vaporized his body as part of a prank on his stepdad."