Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

is there a yotube upload of the big game show from tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I’ll bet the whole reason some chud went at Matt about brutalism was the SA forums

They’ve never talked about brutalist architecture on the podcast but it’s a reoccurring derail in this thread and the other Chapo thread

lol thats what I thought to

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What sites do you think Ilhan Omar has alts on? She seems pretty online. not in a bad way

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol

wtf did she do tho recently (or ever) that has her getting blamed for the christchurch shooting? I mean, besides being a neo-lib and the daughter of bill and hillary. did she say some specific stuff lately?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh gently caress for real? How did I miss that

That was also Adam's biggest tweet before he moved onto taking down bam. How did I forget
https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/1095100607722078209

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wow, Steven universe avatars are the new anime avatars

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

T-man posted:

as a certified potential abortion survivor who used to have a SU avatar, your canceled

I'm unfamiliar with your CV. But so far you have not outclassed me with that list

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Flat Daddy posted:

Without any pretense of political awareness, Cumtown is the textbook representation of everything that’s wrong with the Dirtbag Left possessing all of its worst qualities while not even pretending to advance leftist politics in the real world.
What are you talkin about?

They know bernies the man. Kamala is a cop, and that jerry epstein flew high profile people to child sex islands including trump and clinton

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

It's a quote from the Soeller article lol
Oh well forward my comments on to that moron instead

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol yea this is the right episode to quote.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What's the name of the short story about a child running for president? It seems impossible to Google, but I know Chapo and probably Chris talked about it.

Anyway, new twilight zone is good and ep 5 I think is cribbing from that story

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hell yeah that's it. Thanks

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Yeah, I remember loving this as a kid. There was also a sequel that went into what he actually did as president, which includes gaining the upper hand in a tense negotiation by beating a dictator at a video game.
You liked ready player one? Gross

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

what the gently caress did this tweet say

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

watched it earlier and it was pretty good. a little confusing at some parts wrt where katie landed on some stuff she was saying, same with talibi.

But at about 40 minutes meneker states what is probably the single snipet that needs to be shared for whenever someone does one of those "i just listened to chapo and holy poo poo they are racist" takes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJ_T7H2_qc&t=2199s

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

GoLambo posted:

It's def Nick as he's been talking about it recently too.

I'm looking forward to the episode but doubly so to the twitter reaction.

Yeah for sure.

wat? Where?

also can I get a chapo check

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Does he talk about it on the pod? Or do I have to read his tweets

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Everyone, watch every installation of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNr9YM-gy0 Useful Idiots. Krystal Ball, Jimmy Dore, Eli Valley, Will Menaker was on last week or so, BERNIE SANDERS interviewed some after the debate, all good as hell.

Jimmy Dore bamboozled me. I started watching him a bit and thinking his takes were good but then, I forget which take it was but he had some dumb poo poo take about... Mueller maybe? It was some alt right sounding stuff and mouth frothing about Clinton.

So, he's bad

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Chexoid posted:

I'd like to see old Donny Trump wriggle his way out of THIS jam

i exploded holding back laughter at this

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

watching SNL and drat it sucks

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wait wait wait they are going to have heidecker on right after a Nick ep? I feel like Nick would like to ask Tim some questions

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

You have to realize it's a black comedy as much as anything. The Roys are like the Bluths if they went from regular rich to ungodly rich.

That's exactly what I thought. "Oh, this is a comedy actually, kinda? And it's just arrested development but with billionaires"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

It's got the younger mckauly and he's funny

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDWYHGCRYY

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1182632681298894849

is the implication that chapo said this?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Well, if it's coming from a woman of color I kinda get the frustration

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

I mean that's the problem when leftists start doing resistance reading. At least the fuckin freaks who think a cartoon is the vanguard of the revolution because it has a message of 'don't be a dick' aren't saying we need to talk to the mini Elliot Rodgers of the world in their terms.

Which cartoon?

new chapelle special was p funny though. Unfortunate couple of jokes in there tho

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I got into a discussion with my lefty organizer partner because i did the thing where i casted everything through the lens of it all being class issues. I didn't mean to say that racism or sexism aren't as important, but I did cateogrize them as a subset of classism. That's not to say that you can't attack racism or sexism before class issues - you can attack them all in parallel.

This identity politics talks is reminding me of how distracting some of this stuff can be when the overall message is equality for all. So, that means if you are gay or brown or trans then you should be able to get housing just the same as any straight white guy.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ellen is secretly a pawn of the DoJ and Dave Chapelle can't tell some jokes?!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Gervais did "I identify as a chimpanzee" and the Chapelle did "I identify as Chinese" shortly afterwards.

It's the one joke about trans people, you see. Comedy scientists have desperately been attempting to invent a second joke about trans people, but so far no luck. So any edgy comedian who wants to get paid millions of dollars to talk about how they can't say the things they're saying anymore has to tell that one joke, in it's infinite varieties, forever.
Nick does this but he only barely gets paid 6 figures

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

T-man posted:

As we say in my neck of the woods die cis scum a'yup
rude

well, I still wish you the best

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I think what Chappelle is doing is processing this new sort of world and dynamic we live in and he's doing it how he can and a lot of other people need to process it too and I see him as still moving forward and not regressing even though he's not doing it at the rate that Id really like to see, it's still moving forward

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

It's a gradual process to get people on board, and I'm not saying stop being mad and loud, I'm saying that casting anyone out who isn't already on board as much as you want is going to slow that already too slow of a process.

Stay cynical tho, for real, there's been too many cases of wolf in sheep clothing for it to be safe to not be

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

alriiight

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

I dunno, just feels like every time I see some geek on twitter obsessed with how scolds are ruining the left, it's some unfunny 4chan dork who made their avatar have Joker paint on it and whose followers all inexplicably appear to be right wingers

I mean thats absolutely true. But those are probably not actually left people and are just some sort of proto fash or something still figuring it out for themselves

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

whenever I see that stuff tho I gotta ask, how old is that OP? Like, there is a huge possibility that it's just some dumb 13 year old with infinite amount of time to sit online and get worked up over the dumbest poo poo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

finally, a way around this voter fraud requiring voters to be over 18 years old

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

drat guess I gotta go watch that special again. Maybe even a third and a fourth time to get it

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

Joaquin's performance really carries a lot of the weaker parts of the movie. I think if there was even a marginally less skilled actor in the role the movie would have been received much more negatively.

mmhm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Why does it say they are live when the thing is over? Crazy multi hour delay?

Yes Nick's eyes are just darting around. Streams kinda boring anyway