Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
a dude from dsa los angeles misses the point of a woman's post?

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

yeah, it looks suspicious, but everyone can be a creep. Either way, we can all agree: felix would've prevented the covenant war with a story book about gorillas

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 9, 2021

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

the most damning evidence is that brie stopped tweeting

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Wizard Master posted:

I can hear whoever is behind this account winking

the last name on the account is a reference to a woman that was targeted by COINTELPRO (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Seberg) that released false allegations that led to her miscarrying, getting blacklisted from hollywood, and ultimately killing herself. it's a very, very weird choice to make

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 10, 2021

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Heath posted:

Yeah this is... Something. I'm not sure what this person is trying to accomplish

i don't really have a huge love for virgil or bad faith so this isn't really a defense of him, but I feel you can be skeptical in the specific use case that the accusation is made anonymously with a sock account named after someone famous for receiving false allegations. it is a weirdly trollish move to make, but i also concede that victims may also be extremely online.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Monicro posted:

Oh yeah for my point I'm not accusing you of calling her a liar or whatever to be clear, just pointing out to the people who thought the idea of a genuine victim would make an alt account to escape harassment was ridiculous, if this thread can find something like that based off their handle imagine what genuine bad faith actors going through years of shitposts could come up with

oh no offense taken from the initial post. i don't want to be the guy who combs through word use or the timeline because i know i gently caress up my word choices when i'm posting, but that name thing has been buzzing in my head all day because it just feels too knowing of a reference.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

we don't need another wonk, we need more stavros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

bad faith posted their episode today, i guess brie isn't concerned about the allegations and the guests were okay with it being released with virgil present